Hey 17th Shard members

tony2jones4

Hi,

My name is Tony, Im from San Diego just graduated UCSD and am a big fan of Brandon Sanderson. This is the first book/author fan forum i have ever been apart of and am pretty excited. 

I found Brandon's work when finishing the WOT series and loved his writing style. I actually listen to all books on tape ( hope thats not a NONO here lol), but i drive about hour and a half each day so it helps me pass the time. 

I have listened to:

Mistborn

The Rithmatist

Stormlight Archive

So yea i joined because i been lurking reading a bunch of stuff and maybe in hopes of finding some more works you guys recommend for me to listen to. Until the next Stormlight Archive book comes out i need something to replace the void! Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for having me,

Tony

the rest of the cosmere stuff is a good start:

Elantris + Emperors soul

Warbreaker

the others in the mistborn trilogy + Alloy of law.

I think there all availble on audio book if thats your prefered medium

I'm currently listening to another of Brandons non cosmere works, Steelheart, it a little bit lighter than some of the above stuff but still pretty good.

If your looking for something by a different author then the Song of Ice and Fire books by George RR Martin are amazing or you could try The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie (I might have misspelt his name there) both a bit heavier going and a lot more brutal but entirley awesome

Thanks for the suggestions i have finished all the mistborn trilogy plus the alloy of law and Song of Ice and Fire books that are out.

I have also went through all of Joe Abercrombie's First Law series and the stand alone works around them. ( I loved those)

I will take a look at Warbreaker for sure. Thanks, I like your taste!

No Problem,

As you have already read most of those I suggested I will also put forward a couple more thoughts for you to try, if you haven't already:

The Gentlemen Bastard series by Scott Lynch and The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss are both very good, although in all fairness I haven't quite gotten around to finishing the Gentlemen Bastards just yet as Words of Radiance came out while I was reading them. I also personally love the Dresden Files by Jim Buthcher but I can imagine they wouldn't be to everyones taste.

Edited by Ibunnuk

• Chaos locked this topic