Firefight: Cover & Preview

Argent

So, some Firefight goodness! That Monday announcement is finally coming in. If you don't want to / can't go to the article itself, here's the quick infodump:

• Sexy cover
  • Release date: Jan 6, 2015 (/sadface)
  • The "preview" part is really just an extended pitch kind of thing - a hook to the plot (David leaves Chicago, focuses on Epics research, you should read it, I am not going to summarize a summary)

See the original post on Entertainment Weekly

Edited by Argent

I imagined a hazy, smoky color that implies an illusionist... but I suppose deep down inside, I knew the cover would have a fire motif.

Still looks pretty awesome though, and the new descriptions on EW and his site are cool. Apparently Manhattan is now "Babylon Reborn", because Epics are a) melodramatic, B), like changing city names, and c), are melodramatic.

Edited by Kobold King

Where did you see 'Babylon Reborn'?

It is on the official Firefight page on his website, here.

Although, apparently I got it wrong and it's actually "Babylon Restored". I'm not very good with remembering names, it seems. I can only remember basic things, like how the protagonist's name is Davis.

Oh, herp derp. Completely forgot to check the official page for more info...

You're not alone.

Babylon Restored is definitely an odd name. It's too many syllables to sound like a normal city name. I mean, Newcago was one syllable changed from Chicago, and is basically precedented by eg New York. Babylon Restored I'm not so sure about. Unless of course I'll just get used to the name which, you know, could always happen....

• 2 weeks later...

I am really really hyped, I won a copy of Firefight that I will receive in the summer when the final draft is completed. Of course as a fellow fan suggested, I will have to wait longer for book 3 but still it is worth it.

• 10 months later...

You're not alone.

Babylon Restored is definitely an odd name. It's too many syllables to sound like a normal city name. I mean, Newcago was one syllable changed from Chicago, and is basically precedented by eg New York. Babylon Restored I'm not so sure about. Unless of course I'll just get used to the name which, you know, could always happen....

Time Since Last Post: Circa 46 weeks.

Relevance of Thread: Minimal

Necroing Level: Epic

With that out of the way, let me just say that Delightful is freaky intuitive about this sort of thing. As it turns out, "Manhattan" was officially renamed "Babylon Restored" but nicknamed "Babilar," leaving the syllable structure completely unaltered.

Great job posting your thoughts, Delightful. :)

• Chaos locked this topic