Yeah, there’s not much description to tell.

Personally, I always imagined Kokerlii as kind of large (read: fat), so almost like a small swan, with multiple colours. So like a tropical swan.

Sak always looked like a falcon in my eyes.

Wait a second, just remembered: Didn’t Arcanum Unbounded have a picture? Let me check, and then edit it in if I’m right.

EDIT: There we go.

52A66E21-EA16-48E2-A418-9CF07FE4F3A8.jpeg

13FBFB48-E8AD-4CBA-87AB-C929CBC4C11C.jpeg

Edited by I think I am here.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be safe to say that the various species of Aviar we have seen have no true Earth counterparts what with Sanderson not wanting any Earth in the Cosmere- and obviously, he can't really take that as far as things as common as bird species; I'm sure if I ask at a signing he could point me to some similar species, but I'd say its fairly safe to say they're classified as original...? I think. I should spend more time considering this but I need to sleep right now

I'd do so much fanart for SotD... If I actually knew how to draw... ah well

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, PrinceDusty said:

I think it would be safe to say that the various species of Aviar we have seen have no true Earth counterparts what with Sanderson not wanting any Earth in the Cosmere- and obviously, he can't really take that as far as things as common as bird species; I'm sure if I ask at a signing he could point me to some similar species, but I'd say its fairly safe to say they're classified as original...? I think. I should spend more time considering this but I need to sleep right now

I'd do so much fanart for SotD... If I actually knew how to draw... ah well

He has cats in the cosmere, both on Sel and on Scadrial. Scadrial is his earth counterpart, so it would be more likely to have it, but First of the Sun could have them too.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2018 at 4:14 PM, Wreith said:

I don't know, but I pictured Macaws for the common cognitive hiding variety and a Raven for Dusk's unique aviar for no special reason.
I don't even remember coloring or anything being discussed in the story now that I think about it.

I was very curious about the coloring too. Apparently Kokerlii is red on green.

JoyBlu[PENDING REVIEW]

I dressed up as Kokerlii from Sixth of Dusk.I want to know, red and green are in the book are these [rainbow-colored array of feathers] appropriate, or not?

Brandon Sanderson[PENDING REVIEW]

Kokerlii I had not imagined as fully rainbow colored.

JoyBlu[PENDING REVIEW]

So red and green, were there other colors?

I was imaging red on green.

JoyBlu[PENDING REVIEW]

What about the green aviar? If I wanted to make a green aviar costume? Green and white?

Yes that would work.

JoyBlu[PENDING REVIEW]

Is it just those two colors? Are there different shades of green?

There are aviar that are like this *gestures to JoyBlu's costume*, full parrot. Totally legit. But There are a lot of breeds of aviar.

JoyBlu[PENDING REVIEW]

*inaudible* What would be the best <pattern>?

Solid colored feathers *inaudible*

source