The book I bought today is

Last book I picked up was The Iron King by Maurice Druon.

I'm not really a fan of historical novels, since I nevermore how right they are...but having GRRM's recommendation makes a compelling argument.

/confused

Nevermore is a verb now? I thought it was just something ravens said.

Never sure

Autocorrect is more trouble than it's worth...

Ah, ok. I figured it was a typo/autocorrect of some sort, but I couldn't figure out what you actually meant. So I responded to my confusion by attempting to make a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Went on a bit of a book-buying binge today since there was a sale at a nearby bookstore. (Well, I say "nearby," but it's an hour drive...) I am the proud new owner of Alcatraz vs the Scrivener's Bones (new illustrated hardcover), Alcatraz vs the Knights of Crystallia (new illustrated hardcover), The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan, and William Shakespeare's Star Wars: The Tragedy of the Sith's Revenge by Ian Doescher. Got them all at 40% off retail price! :D

Today I bought “Héraldique et Blasons” from a small shop in a small town in the middle of nowhere. It's a short non fiction thing about... coats of arms? I think. I haven't really looked in it much, kind of bought it on impulse. I also bought Scott Pilgrims Precious Little Life *in colour*. I have the digital, black and white version of the book on Google play, but owning the physical thing, and in colour, feels good. And finally, “Les Légions des Poussière” which I initially misread as “Les Légions de Puissance”,  *sighs*.  Anyway, it's by Brandon Sanderson, and it's a book I haven't ready yet (hint, its The Rithmatist), so I'm looking forward to reading that. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's an interesting way to translate the title. The Legions of Dust? I guess "Rithmatist" can't really be translated, but it seems like it wouldn't have to be. It's a made-up word resembling "arithmetic," and the French "arithmétique" is basically the same thing. Why not just "Le Rithmatist" (maybe you'd have to add an "e" at the end, and maybe it should be "la," but my French is pretty bad)?

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Master Elodin said:

Which ones? I'm nearly on Changes :D

Changes is my personal favorite of the series followed closely by Dead Beat. Today I got around to buying White Sand and also got Skin Game to round off the order for free shipping. I own all the Dresden Audiobooks, my preferred way of experiencing the Dresden novels, but I'm slowly collecting the physical copies as well.

The Great Ordeal by R. Scott Bakker. Been waiting several years for this one. 

I also bought a paperback copy of The Way of Kings, but that's not for me. I sent it to a stranger, though one connected to me by a single degree of separation. It's a Facebook pyramid scheme-type thing (except a good one!). Basically, I "liked" a friend's status, and she sent me the address of the previous participant, along with her own. I send the first person a book, then post the same status. When people like my status, I send them my friend's address and mine. They will send my friend a book and post the same status. When people like their status, those people will get my address, and I get books. 

I checked out at the library The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard J. Evans; it covers the origins to 1933. It is absolutely fascinating, but dense...I can only read about 8 pgs before I lose concentration and my mind wonders. I'm reading only 10 pgs a day, in addition to my usual SF and Fantasy books and I realized, I could never finish it in three weeks so I bought a copy.