Lifeless sex slaves?

Necromancer

I really would not be surprised, though it is extremely distasteful in my opinion. Lifeless are certainly cheap enough, and they don't need to be paid. We also know that Jewel very probably got it on with Clod, but it was very taboo. So it probably wouldn't be common or out in the open. But people being people, it has to have happened somewhere, unfortunately.

This topic...it's just...seriously, you had to go there, huh?

It's like having sexual relations with a corpse. That's exactly what it is, and sense such things happen in real life, someone probably did do it. Though, I would expect the demand for...sex with...Lifeless would be quite low, considering you can't make a profit, it would probably only happen on a person-to-person basis. Since you can't profit off it, that means that the Lifeless...sex slave business would be a terrible one to enter into, meaning it probably doesn't exist even with the fact that Lifeless are cheap, other things (like a place to hide it) might cost a bit too much considering how hard it would be for the slaver to make money.

And I can't believe I...bah. -.-

Edited by Nymp

Scientifically speaking, I doubt it would even be possible. Given that we all know the necessary physiological functions to have sex (I.E being able to sustain an erection), I don't think the ichor in their veins is functionally blood. Therefore, I doubt there would be enough "blood flow" to the nether regions.

Their hearts don't beat, right?

Um, well, this is an awkward topic.

I don't think they exist. Sex slaves are used for their emotions and reactions to... stuff. Lifeless mindlessly obedient and as vibrant as a zombie. I don't think any pleasure or profit would come from them.

Okay, now I have to wash my eyes out. This moment has to be unseen.

Ketek, on 19 Apr 2014 - 1:12 PM, said:

First the kandra... then spren... now Lifeless...

Excuse me while I go take a walk into a highstorm.

Oh Stormfather, I walked right into this one too. I suppose, but I don't think Lifeless would be physiologically capable of getting them on. I guess people with really out there power fantasies (or necrophilia) might enjoy it--and I wouldn't be surprised if this formed a darker edge of Idrian horror stories about Hallendran. But would there be an active, flourishing market? I doubt so.

...I need brain bleach.

Excuse me while I go take a walk into a highstorm.

Now we only have to do the same thing to Seons, maybe dirty talk and holograms.*evil grin*

The problem with erections wouldn´t apply to female lifeless. Anyway they are corpses so I doubt many people are interested in them with all the connected squick. It seems more like the material of horror storys than a reality.

Now we only have to do the same thing to Seons, maybe dirty talk and holograms.*evil grin*

Eh, that's not as squicky. Seons are basically webcams anyway. Pretty sure some of them have been used for mutual masturbation before. What would really be squicky would be if the Dak-*shuts up before anything regretful happens*

Edited by Ketek

excuse me while I go take a walk into a highstorm.

You think the highstorms will keep you safe from this depravity? You don't spend a lot of time around Stormfather shippers, do you?

Hint: the Storm Ruler is a shipping pair I've occasionally heard discussed...

Kobold King, on 19 Apr 2014 - 9:20 PM, said:

You think the highstorms will keep you safe from this depravity? You don't spend a lot of time around Stormfather shippers, do you?

Don't forget the chull!

I don't think we have evidence for or against with regard to Jewels and Clod.

There is evidence. Check the Warbreaker annotations. It mentions Jewels sleeping with Clod, although whether it's just 'sleeping-with-a-corpse' sleeping or 'doing-the-nasty-with-a-corpse' sleeping is unclear.

I probably don't want to know what it is, do I?

Don't forget the chull!

Jasnah... and a chull... someone with such poise and elegance... bending over... OKAY NOPE. *dies on the inside*

Edited by Ketek

Ketek, on 19 Apr 2014 - 9:44 PM, said:

There is evidence. Check the Warbreaker annotations. It mentions Jewels sleeping with Clod, although whether it's just 'sleeping-with-a-corpse' sleeping or 'doing-the-nasty-with-a-corpse' sleeping is unclear.

I probably don't want to know what it is, do I?

Jasnah... and a chull... someone with such poise and elegance... bending over... OKAY NOPE. *dies on the inside*

Ah, my bad, thanks! Don't suppose you might happen to remember which of the annotations?

Ketek, on 19 Apr 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

This one: http://brandonsanderson.com/annotation-warbreaker-chapter-twenty-two-part-2/

Thanks, take my upvote ;)

Given that, while there's some sort of vagueness in what sort of 'sleeping' Sanderson means, I'm now leaning a bit towards the latter possibility, and...I just made a successful saving throw against mental scarring with my +2 bonus from surviving the Syl thread.

Still though, I think it's telling that in Jewels' case, she had an emotional connection to Clod before he became Lifeless. To me, that suggests that the idea of a flourishing industry using Lifeless as sex slaves isn't likely to work out except in these extreme cases.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Jewels will be paying Yesteel a visit to see if he can restore Arsteel's personality to him in Nightblood, which will be very interesting.

Really? Where is that mentioned? I have been kicking around an idea for an Awakener to do. My thought was what would happen if they made a statue from wood then got it Soulcast into diamond and Awakened it the same way that Nightblood was. Then used Hemalurgy to Spike someone's Identity into it. What would happen? Is it possible to do? Because that would be an awesome side character to read about.

I'm wondering how you'd stick metal spikes through a metal object?

I can stick a fork through a sheet of aluminum foil. I guess you could do it if the spike were made of a higher quality metal than the thing you're trying to stab.