Sand Mastery and Bendalloy

Unlicensed Hemalurgist

Question

Obscure Magic Hack Question: Would a hypothetical Sand Master able to use F-Bendalloy be able to fuel Sand Mastery with the hydration stored in a bendalloymind? Or does the Magical Sand Lichen (TM) only react to actual water? I figure they'd be able to re-fuel their body's water reserves as normal by tapping the bendalloymind, but I'm not sure about the actual activation of the sand.

Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Should work. It would be dehydrating and rehydrating you. It would be storing and tapping actual water converted to and from investiture. 

Cool. Having a bendalloymind would probably be a lot more compact and convenient for Sand Masters than lugging a lot of water around everywhere.

It actually makes pretty good sense if you don't delve into the functional purposes. While air is constantly being exchanged through the respiratory system, a person will take in food and water through the digestive system. The food and the bulk of the water are absorbed in the intestinal tract. The one I have been wondering for a long time though is why we don't have a metal that can store waste products from the body. I would find it greatly convenient if I could have a Urinmind and a Fecesmind.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, Kaj said:

The one I have been wondering for a long time though is why we don't have a metal that can store waste products from the body. I would find it greatly convenient if I could have a Urinmind and a Fecesmind.

I figure that since a bendalloymind allows you to store more fluids if a Subsumer were to start filling their metalmind and not replenish it their body would be able to hold more moisture, and would consequently have to urinate less.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, Kaj said:

I would find it greatly convenient if I could have a Urinmind and a Fecesmind.

Never, ever tap that metalmind unless you want to send your body into septic shock from a massive amount of waste chemicals suddenly re-entering your body.

11 hours ago, Unlicensed Hemalurgist said:

Never, ever tap that metalmind unless you want to send your body into septic shock from a massive amount of waste chemicals suddenly re-entering your body.

Hopefully it would repopulate the physical materials in the proper Bladder&Bowel locations instead of direct to bloodstream, so you'd at least have your body's normal capacity before you have to worry about overloading. 

7 hours ago, Quantus said:

Hopefully it would repopulate the physical materials in the proper Bladder&Bowel locations instead of direct to bloodstream, so you'd at least have your body's normal capacity before you have to worry about overloading. 

I believe it would. It could be very useful both ways though. Think of all the times you've had something ruined by the need to use the restroom. On the inverse, wouldn't it be convenient to be able to get out of a situation with the bathroom excuse? But by far my favorite would be my job. I would be the founder of a revolutionary fertilizer business. Gorge on food every day, have free time to do other things all week, then on Saturday, spend the day on the throne.

On a scientific not, wouldn't it be fantastic to be able to convert metal into biowaste and water? Being a compounder would be great for business. But what metal to use, I'm thinking bismuth? The alloy could be with lead. All we need now is some thematically appropriate allomantic abilities of both the metal and its alloy. Oh, and the alloy's feruchemical attribute.

18 hours ago, Unlicensed Hemalurgist said:

BRAIN BLAST: Unsealed bodily-waste bendalloyminds would be perfect self-contained waste-disposal systems for Era 4 Scadrial spacecraft.

Indeed, I fully expect any functional Metallic Arts Space-suits (or Deep Sea Diver suits, for that matter) to utilize Bendalloy, Cadmium, and Brass at a minimum.