Challenge of Champions, Era Two

BitBitio

Will you participate in CoC Era Two?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate?

I got him

Silphio landed right on top of...

nothing? All around him was mist. He tried to get up, and winced at the pain involved

he could muster a whistle at least. A low, long one. 

All three of his pets began to circle him, protect him from threats.

@BitBitio

Edited by Nohadon

Vita cursed and let the illusion drop. Ahmose stared at her curiously.

Cobalt, dead. Gone. It was not a man, but rather an incredibly intricate 3D chalkling with Lines of Forbiddance, Lightweaving, Soulcasting, colored chalk, and the Glyph of Rending.

Then, they had used Hemalurgy to add A-pewter and F-cadmium. 

Unfortunately, It appeared that the failsafes they had placed to mitigate Investiture drains was weaker than that Larkin. 

Ahmose and Vita Steelblood, after leaving the United Isles, had come and created Cobalt.

"Dusts!" Shouted Ahmose.

"Did you have to destroy him?" Said Vita. They stepped up to Silphio.

@Nohadon

"Did you have to destroy him?" The accent was notable, Rosharan perhaps?

"Did you have to make him so cocky?" Silphio asked in response. It was an illusion. Of course it was

But it could still hurt you

That probably had something to do with well timed real attacks. It was possible, but difficult. Silphio studied the two and ran through his list of rosharans who had access to the alley verse. That was very few. Most of them were shard bearers, Devaan kept a dossier of most fighters in the alley verse. If he remembered correctly, these two would be the steel bloods. Sibling shard bearers, but that was all he could remember from the small file Devaan kept on them. He also remembered the danger rating was a C+, Vita was a radiant and Ahmose had rithmatic knowledge, how skilled the two were, Devaan did not know. 

"So. The Arena is open for anyone now?" Silphio asked, without waiting for a response, he followed up

"Put my name on the scoreboard please. I assume you have one?"

Edited by Nohadon

5 hours ago, Nohadon said:

"Did you have to destroy him?" The accent was notable, Rosharan perhaps?

"Did you have to make him so cocky?" Silphio asked in response. It was an illusion. Of course it was

But it could still hurt you

That probably had something to do with well timed real attacks. It was possible, but difficult. Silphio studied the two and ran through his list of rosharans who had access to the alley verse. That was very few. Most of them were shard bearers, Devaan kept a dossier of most fighters in the alley verse. If he remembered correctly, these two would be the steel bloods. Sibling shard bearers, but that was all he could remember from the small file Devaan kept on them. He also remembered the danger rating was a C. Less of a threat then most, but still worth knowing.

"So. The Arena is open for anyone now?" Silphio asked, without waiting for a response, he followed up

"Put my name on the scoreboard please. I assume you have one?"

Technically they are from Rithmatic Earth.

And Cobalt was a 3D Chalkling. With the Glyph of Rending.

I spoke with Ark. They are both from The United Isles, they both arrived in Roshar while SDW was occurring, and in the 16 year peace period, Vita reached the 4th Ideal. So she has Blade, Plate, and the two Surges. Ahmose was always a Rithmatist who was very very good with chalklings and bad at everything else. 

They created Cobalt in an intricate process involving Soulcasting, Lines of Making, Lines of Forbiddance, Hemalurgy, Lightweaving, and a Glyph of Rending. He is basically a 3D chalkling controlled by Ahmose (however he can act on his own will if Ahmose allows him), who, like Melody, doesn't need Glyphs to control chalklings. Vita uses Lightweaving to make him able to speak. Normally he looks like a set of floating objects shaped vaguely like muscles, attached by Lines of Forbiddance and Lines of Making. The Lightweaving makes him look like a man. They imbued him with A-pewter and F-cadmium via Hemalurgy. 

Can you fix that and then I will reply?

@Nohadon

Edited by BitBitio

On 9/10/2018 at 10:13 PM, BitBitio said:

They created Cobalt in an intricate process involving Soulcasting, Lines of Making, Lines of Forbiddance, Hemalurgy, Lightweaving, and a Glyph of Rending. He is basically a 3D chalkling controlled by Ahmose (however he can act on his own will if Ahmose allows him), who, like Melody, doesn't need Glyphs to control chalklings. Vita uses Lightweaving to make him able to speak. Normally he looks like a set of floating objects shaped vaguely like muscles, attached by Lines of Forbiddance and Lines of Making. The Lightweaving makes him look like a man. They imbued him with A-pewter and F-cadmium via Hemalurgy. 

I know. But this is from Silphio's perspective, he's making a guess with the limited knowledge that he has

On 9/10/2018 at 10:13 PM, BitBitio said:

I spoke with Ark. They are both from The United Isles, they both arrived in Roshar while SDW was occurring, and in the 16 year peace period, Vita reached the 4th Ideal. So she has Blade, Plate, and the two Surges. Ahmose was always a Rithmatist who was very very good with chalklings and bad at everything else. 

Ok. But again, Silphio thinks they are rosharan, he has encountered few people from the united isles, he sees a shardbearer and thinks 'rosharan', but I'll edit the post a little, thanks for letting me know

@BitBitio

Edited by Nohadon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Some people have been anticipating this post for a while and I finally quit procrastinating and made it!

The Rules of Warfare are a set of rules and instructions to help people know what to do in battle situations.

The Alleyverse Combat Guide expands on the Rules of Warfare.

The Arena of Valor was the Era 1 base operations for duels.

The Mediators are a guild whose primary purpose was to moderate the battles, including the formal duels!

The Alleywar Moderators were a guild similar to the Mediators.

To expand upon these links, we now have 2v2 battles, Kaiju battles, and non-canon cosmic deconstruction battles. I have no clue about that last one. 

Archive of Duels:

Further information to be edited in.

Edited by BitBitio