Challenge of Champions, Era Two

BitBitio

Will you participate in CoC Era Two?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate?

Long ago, brave warriors trained. They trained tirelessly, prepping themselves for duels. These duels would form the basis of the ultimate battle, the Challenge of Champions. Warriors of the likes of Rhazien Montague (@Mraize), Rashan Caer (@I think I am here.), Nei'an (@Gancho Libre), and Kalmar Beowulf (@Kidpen).

These brave fighters battled overcoming odds. 

Their goal: Win for chrysts, honor, and valor.

(Please note that this is an incomplete topic. More details will be edited in.)

16 Years Later

Sir Cobalt stood triumphantly, another defeated foe laying before him. He turned and lifted his sword. He held up his microphone.

"WHO IS NEXT!?!?!? I SHALL DEFEAT ALL CHALLENGERS WHO APPROACH!"

Spoiler

Name: Lord Cobalt

Investiture: Pewter Misting, Cadmium Ferring (A Pewterarm and a Gasper)

Skilled swordsman. 

Beat him and open up the arena for everyone to participate. Then, the Challenge of Champions will be born anew.

Afterwards I will make a far more detailed post on the topic with the rules and such.

Aforementioned post.

Edited by BitBitio

18 hours ago, BitBitio said:

Warriors of the likes of Rhazien Montague (@Mraize), Rashan Caer (@I think I am here.), Nei'an (@Gancho Libre), and Kalmar Beowulf (@Kidpen).

*isn't on the list* *is technically still on a winning streak (2 for 2)*

: ^)

Silphio flew in after he heard sir cobalt's proclamation

"don't get too cocky" He told him.

"I'll duel you, but can I ask. Am I allowed to use my pets? They are technically living weapons"

Dori-dori, his Laarkin chirped in annoyance about being called a weapon

2 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Silphio flew in after he heard sir cobalt's proclamation

"don't get too cocky" He told him.

"I'll duel you, but can I ask. Am I allowed to use my pets? They are technically living weapons"

Dori-dori, his Laarkin chirped in annoyance about being called a weapon

"Sure you can, if you don't mind pitting them against Fred and Tom." Right on cue, two large Koloss stepped forward. 

"Your move first."

A few housekeeping details:

Do we need a mediator?

Are we playing ffrp or HP based duels? In the Era 1 CoC, we used HP based combat with a mediator.

Is there going to be an immortality field? so we can go for lethal attacks but everyone can be healed in the end of it?

More to come if we decide on those three.

Silphio grinned and let out a sharp whistle, drawing a card, he elsecalled fluffy, his whitespine in from the cognitive realm, it leapt towards Tom while Dori-Dori Jumped on Fred and began to eat away at the spikes. Silphio drew his weapon. A shortsword with a hooked blade and an ettmetal core so when he used allomancy, the blade mimicked the affect. Silphio assumed a guard stance, blade crossing his chest, hooked point facing Sir Cobalt.

@BitBitio

Edited by Nohadon

Silphio let the slice hit his arm, hardening his skin at the last second. Whitespine bone rose to block the attack, the blade bounced off of the carapace-like bone. Silphio grinned, and flew up and over his opponent, landing behind him. He attuned focus and darted in and out, trying to slice at the arms, then the calf and then one slice to the neck.

2 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

For PvP duels, I think a mediator might be necessary in most cases. I like the HP system as well, but I’m happy to use the FFRP system.

We should definitely use an immortality field. 

I agree with that. But for this duel my character is going up against an NPC, so ffrp is fine here

Silphio smiled and drew a card from his deck. Given to him by Devaan, one of the items from his vault. It was six of boots, feruchemical steel. He tapped it all, then burned chromium and tapped Sir Cobalt, leeching him of his pewter.

10 hours ago, BitBitio said:

Nooooooooooo

Wait. Isn't that kinda godmoddy? Deciding what happens?

It's fine though.

If I overstep here let me know. Sorry about last post.

Silphio felt the blood run down his chin and drip to the floor. He smiled. Cobalt seemed to had lost track of Silphio's sword, sitting at his hip. He took it out and lunged at Cobalt, he went for the upper left section of the torso.

@BitBitio

Edited by Nohadon

@PrinceDusty basically you challenge other characters to a fight, and then you fight them. 

It'll go like this:

one player posts an attack

The second player posts a reation and an attack

Mediator posts the damage done to each

Fist player reacts and attacks

Second player reacts and attacks

Mediator posts damage done

It'll usually go something like that.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:42 PM, Nohadon said:

Silphio felt the blood run down his chin and drip to the floor. He smiled. Cobalt seemed to had lost track of Silphio's sword, sitting at his hip. He took it out and lunged at Cobalt, he went for the upper left section of the torso.

@BitBitio

Surprised, Cobalt dodhed as well as he could, but he got a nasty wound on the left arm. Angrily, he thrusted his blade right at Silphio's heart.

Silphio let the white bone armour stop the sword from penetrating his chest. If Cobalt still had his pewter that would have done some damage. Cobalt was skilled with the sword, but Silphio got the impression that he isn't as experienced as he claimed to be. Case in point, Silphio meant for Cobalt to dodge that, because he forgot that Silphio's blade had a hooked point.

A point that was now pointing directly at Cobalt's back.

Silphio pulled the sword inward and simultaneously had his right hand form a white dagger-like serrated point on his other. He went for Cobalt's kneecap with the blade.

Cobalt leapt sideways, intending to dodge the knee strike, but as he leapt, his left arm was stabbed through, by the blade behind him. Where had that come from? He groaned and stood up. He consumed a vial of pewter, began burning it, and leapt in for another strike.

@Nohadon

Edited by BitBitio

On 07/09/2018 at 2:31 PM, Nohadon said:

Silphio smiled and drew a card from his deck. Given to him by Devaan, one of the items from his vault. It was six of boots, feruchemical steel. He tapped it all, then burned chromium and tapped Sir Cobalt, leeching him of his pewter.

Ah, the old Steelrunning/Chromium trick. Wonder where I saw that before ;)

12 hours ago, BitBitio said:

Cobalt leapt sideways, intending to dodge the knee strike, but as he leapt, his left arm was stabbed through, by the blade behind him. Where had that come from? He groaned and stood up. He consumed a vial of pewter, began burning it, and leapt in for another strike.

Silphio smiled.

"Ok. let's start fighting for real now"

Silphio flew up into the air

Ten heartbeats

A shard blade formed in his hand.

He kept flying upwards.

Then let himself drop, covering himself head to toe in bone armour, Shardblade ready to land on Cobalt.

He'll probably try to dodge

"I know"

A sharp whistle followed, and a card fell to the floor in front of cobalt, it was glittering with stormlight, it had an incredibly strong gravitational attraction, Cobalt was being dragged towards it, while at the same time Dori Dori began sucking out the pewter allomancy from sir cobalt, and fluffy the whitespine doggedly tried to block Cobalt from running out of the impact zone silphio was about to cause. It was a practiced manoeuvre, pinning the enemy down while Silphio, clad in heavy armour that would lessen the damage of the fall as much as possible landed on the opponent, shard blade driven down point first.