First of the Sun

Iredomi

I wonder what the Yolish people called this planet (if they were even aware of it). I thought the names we had for the other planets (Scadrial, Sel, etc.) were their Yolish names, so I'm surprised Brandon decided to give the First-of-the-Sunners' name for their own planet instead.

• 1 month later...

I think there might be a shorter name that we discover later, as 'First of the Sun' seems a bit long winded for a planet.

I am guessing that there is some sort of hierarchy in this story, and someone who is the 'First of the Sun' is leader. The main character I think would be the sixth in rank, or the 'Sixth of the Dusk'. And the First of the Sun named the planet after his title because he is extremely egotistical.

Please note, this is just a theory, and none of it is confirmed.

Edited by TenSoon

I'd guess that they've got some kind of sun-worship going on, with humans being 'of the dusk', 'of the dawn', etc. The brighter your rank the greater. The sun is the greatest, and has no need for title beside his own, and the planet is his son - the First of the Sun.

Err, is it possible that he simply gave you a short story name (First of the Sun) and its planet (Threnody)?  We previously were told Threnody for both Shadows for Silence and A Silence Divine and were able to determine that one of them was probably an error on his part (check the very early WoR signing threads for some confusion amongst us) and we also know that he has stopped referring to the story as A Silence Divine.  So maybe it's First of the Sun now.

Edited by Pechvarry

Err, is it possible that he simply gave you a short story name (First of the Sun) and its planet (Threnody)?  We previously were told Threnody for both Shadows for Silence and A Silence Divine and were able to determine that one of them was probably an error on his part (check the very early WoR signing threads for some confusion amongst us) and we also know that he has stopped referring to the story as A Silence Divine.  So maybe it's First of the Sun now.

No it is not.  Threnody is the planet of Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, Ashyn is the planet for The Silence Divine, and First of the Sun is the planet of Sixth of the Dusk.

• 3 weeks later...

Roshar: This is stormlight archive

Braize: this is the planet which Odium is on (go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong guys)

Ashyn: This is Silence Divine

White Sand is not in the Rosharan system. I think Sixth is in its own system.

• Chaos locked this topic