Ink

16 years after the War for Alleycity.

Elkanah glanced up, looking at the sign. "DIDGERIDOO, the Delicious Inspired Distinct Great Eating Resturant, and Innovative Developers Of Orders." It was open. He glanced down at his partner, Rilu. The kid was doing good. He was close to his second Ideal. They had built this place from the ground up, and it was finally done. Satisfaction thrummed through Elkanah. 

"So, we're open then?" Rilu asked.

"Yes, yes we are." Elkanah replied.

The menu wasn't very big, only including a few staple items from each world, and of course, TUBA's signature Fortune Cookies. He would expand the menu, as customers and critics ordered unique things. Rilu was a suprisingly good cook. Elkanah was proud of the kid. He was a bit shy, but a good person when you got to know him. His chouta was the best Elkanah had ever tasted. 

Hopefully, this place would last longer than the bar, all those years ago. 

This will be similar to the Bar, but a bit more formal. A place for characters to take a break, wind down, grab a quick snack, or anything else. DIDGERIDOO takes special requests for food and drink. 

Edited by Inklingspren

Two men burst into the room. The first, a short Italian bloke with a large mustache, flashed an ID badge in Elkanah's face. "It's me! The company sent me down, I just need to take a look at your meter."

Without waiting for a reply, the two of them dashed through the kitchen and out the back exit. Through the open door, the sound of them arguing could be heard. "No, not that one, Louis. The other one!" shouted the smaller man.

The taller man, Louis, responded in kind. "Well excuse me if my mustache gets in the way. You try running around with half a muskrat on your lip."

"Mine is just as big as yours! Pass me the hammer."

"Why do you get to use the hammer? It's my turn."

"No it ain't. Hey! This isn't a hammer! It's a spanner!"

"Well, it's my turn! Give me that!"

"Ow!"

This continued for several minutes, until finally the short man reentered the restaurant. He was limping slightly, and his bright red hat was askew. He leaned over the counter to speak with Elkanah once more. "I knew it. Your continuity drive is busted. The meter's readings were much too low. You'll need to get that repaired. I'd recommend upgrading to the Super M model. With installment costs, the price of the dozen or so extra parts you'll need, and the fee to get it inspected by a certified agent, it should cost you between five and five thousand chrysts. That quote was extra by the way. I'll send you the bill. Let's go, bro!"

The other man joined the first, then the two of them left the way they'd came. 

Mack walked in the door, his black and gold robes dirty and wrinkled, he mumbled something about needing a break, then sat down next to Ioc and Called to the waiter.

"I need the strongest non-alcoholic Egg Nog that this place can make. And a plate of spiked cookies, F-bendalloy preferably. Thank you."

As the waiter turned away to make his order, Mack pulled out a windup mouse, that grew wings and started to fly.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:50 AM, Archer said:

Two men burst into the room. The first, a short Italian bloke with a large mustache, flashed an ID badge in Elkanah's face. "It's me! The company sent me down, I just need to take a look at your meter."

Without waiting for a reply, the two of them dashed through the kitchen and out the back exit. Through the open door, the sound of them arguing could be heard. "No, not that one, Louis. The other one!" shouted the smaller man.

The taller man, Louis, responded in kind. "Well excuse me if my mustache gets in the way. You try running around with half a muskrat on your lip."

"Mine is just as big as yours! Pass me the hammer."

"Why do you get to use the hammer? It's my turn."

"No it ain't. Hey! This isn't a hammer! It's a spanner!"

"Well, it's my turn! Give me that!"

"Ow!"

This continued for several minutes, until finally the short man reentered the restaurant. He was limping slightly, and his bright red hat was askew. He leaned over the counter to speak with Elkanah once more. "I knew it. Your continuity drive is busted. The meter's readings were much too low. You'll need to get that repaired. I'd recommend upgrading to the Super M model. With installment costs, the price of the dozen or so extra parts you'll need, and the fee to get it inspected by a certified agent, it should cost you between five and five thousand chrysts. That quote was extra by the way. I'll send you the bill. Let's go, bro!"

The other man joined the first, then the two of them left the way they'd came. 

Elkanah just stares, confused. His continuity drive was perfectly fine! He hummed to annoyance at that.

Someone ordered a drink, but didn't specify the kind, so Elkanah got him water. Another person wanted Egg Nog and spiked cookies. "We don't use spikes, but  we have a Nicrosil alternative" he suggests, telling Rilu to start making the nog.

"Sure, we could use some hands" Elkanah replies to the girl, passing egg nog to the man who ordered it.

Suddenly, the #42 alarm sounded. "Rilu, they need you at Waystop," he says, working on the orders. Rilu Elsecalled out. He was getting better at that surge, though his Cohesion needs work.

Sorry, I thought I had this notifying me, now it will.

"Fine, then drop the spiked cookies. If I'm right, the man I'm meeting later today should have some. Thank you for the Egg Nog though," As he finished saying that, the teenager who prepared his drink disappeared in a flash of light. Hmm, wonder who’s attacking the waystop. TUBA must be under attack. Good riddance. I Wonder what that waystop is. I’ll check it out eventually.  He glanced at the shadow in the corner, seeing if it was who he thought it was.

Edited by MacThorstenson

The shadow shifted again under watching eyes, it remained an intangible patch of darkness, seeming to form a series of shapes that flowed from one to another.

An indistinct cloud became some small rounded object which became a single spike before reforming into the silhouette of a dog, the dog then morphed into a hooded figure which seemed to look right back out of it's shadowy corner, beckoning.

Mack paled when the shadow started morphing. Even though he was expecting him, being in the same room as a being of such power was scary. Very rarely had Mack been in a situation where he was as powerless as this. 

He drained the last of his his egg nog and slowly stood up and made his way through the tables toward the beckoning figure, making sure to stay firmly out of arm reach. Last time he got this close, he was spiked and his mind was taken over. 

“Well hello there voidus. I believe that you have something for me?"

Edited by MacThorstenson

An imposing man who almost looked to be made of stone entered the DIDGERIDOO, muttering to himself. “Late first to the battle.. and then the contest is already on.. bah.”

He saw a variety of strange and unsettling occupants, but saw no server. Resigned to wait, he slumped into a chair and began humming angrily to himself.

Edited by Seneca74
Continuity error

The shadow held out one hand, holding a small gemstone sitting in a metallic housing.

It wordlessly deposited it on a nearby table before collapsing in on itself, becoming a mere patch of shadow once again.

Voidus is having some difficulties communicating still, being trapped in an inescapable bubble and all, but this would contain the requested information.

Alum stepped in, deep in thought. He appeared to be muttering to himself and writing something on the back of his hand. He slid into a booth opposite Seneca (will edit in your character’s name) and began to signal for a drink, but accidentally slapped Seneca in the face.

Nothing like a good barfight to lighten the mood.

Edited by MetaTerminal
Tense change

Acheon blinked at the man who had hit him. The impact of the slap stung on his mostly-unprotected face.

He drew back his fist, and for half a second, asked himself whether it was the right way to approach the situation.

Well, of course it is, he decided.

So, as the rhythm of war began to beat within him, Acheon flung a chitin-clad fist directly towards Alum, fully intending to make that impact count.

Ioc lifted itself on it's pinky finger. This would be impressive, but it was obvious by the stormlight leaking from it that it was currently nearly weightless.

It ignored the fight, but told itself that if anyone, except the waitor, of course, so much at made the air whoosh anywhere near Ioc, there was gonna be trouble.

For them.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

The shadow held out one hand, holding a small gemstone sitting in a metallic housing.

It wordlessly deposited it on a nearby table before collapsing in on itself, becoming a mere patch of shadow once again.

Mack looked at the Gem on the table, stunned at how easy that was. He glanced around the room, and saw nothing but the usual crowd of crazies. Hmm... that was almost too easy, oh well. Maybe Voidus was feeling helpful today. Mack stood up, brushed off some of the dirt from his robe, and walked out the door to return to his work.

Sense when was voidus encased in an inescapable bubble?