Unlock! Sanderson Edition

Kidpen

Hey! I've recently played this game called Unlock, an escape the room game in card form. I thought it would be fun to try and play this game in a Sanderson world. I made a short test version that should take only ten to twenty minutes, so I thought I'd post this here to try it. It's mainly just to see what works and what won't so I can possibly design a full version. The test one backstory is that you were infiltrating a library when you got unexpectedly locked in one of the rooms. Now you have to escape before a librarian shows up! I'm not counting going over the time as a real loss in this one, cause there's plenty that might go wrong. I've only played one Unlock game (soon to be two) so I'm by no means an expert. I'd absolutely encourage other people to make their own version of this if they want to.

It's worth mentioning that I can run multiple of these at the same time, because they will be happening in PMs. Make sure not to give anything away to other people or in a thread. Somewhere around four people per game is reasonable.

The rules that pertain to this one are pretty simple. You have objects, and there are objects in the room. You can combine objects together to make something happen. Sometimes you might combine objects and receive a penalty. A penalty will trim your time down some. At any time, you may attempt to put in a code. A right code does something, a wrong code gives a penalty. You can also ask for a hint, which will tell you something to help you get past your current situation.

Again, my current game is almost certainly broken and either way easier then I expected or way harder. Don't expect it to be an example of a normal Unlock game. 

Oh, and Roleplay is fine and encouraged in this. That's why I put it here.

Edited by Kidpen

I'd love to give this a try, but I would need a week or so before I'm ready (once the Cosmere Rap Battle Tournament #2 and the Deception: Murder in the Cosmere games are both finished). Perhaps I could join in for the 2nd (or 3rd) run-through?

10 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

I'd love to give this a try, but I would need a week or so before I'm ready (once the Cosmere Rap Battle Tournament #2 and the Deception: Murder in the Cosmere games are both finished). Perhaps I could join in for the 2nd (or 3rd) run-through?

Absolutely! The first run-through isn't going as well as I hoped, so I'll probably be making some tweaks anyways.