Long Game 49/Anonymous Game 3: Window to the Past

little wilson

I apologize greatly for not having been on at all yesterday, and I have a really, really bad excuse if anyone would like to hear it XD
The night before I had a dream that the LG had ended, and that 'The Skybreakers had won by killing all of the Sons of Bondsmiths' 
Which, looking back upon, is stupid, but I had kind of just assumed that the game had actually ended... Yeah, sorry about that. 

Oh, also Liss was Little Wilson which really should have told me that something was not right.

@SE_Aesudan_Kholin I forgot :P

Dalinar groggily looked around the room, thinking through the past events. There was a lot of reveals, and... people dying? The shady man, went by Darkness or something had killed a bunch of people or... no that wasn't right. The memory was already slightly fading and Dalinar quickly realized it as a dream and moved to his feet, looking for food and something to drink to help him forget about that weird dream.

"Eshonai, is it? How are you this evening?" Jasnah said as she approached the first of the Parshendi. 

"The reason i've come over here is actually to ask if any of the Parshendi have good enough eyes with their different forms to see whatever was up in the rafters? But I'd also like to apologize for all that has gone on here. Alethkar really is a united kingdom, United just recently under Gavilar himself, and we've had no issues of subterfuge up until now. While I do partially blame myself for inviting Liss, At the time I believed that I needed her expertise for a personal reason. However, it seems that someone has found out who Liss was, and is now using her to play some political game.

"But, I sidetrack. Did you or anyone else happen to see what was in the rafters?"

3 minutes ago, SE_Liss said:

Amaram, That is the exact same post you posted before... I believe I addressed your issues.  Please either explain yourself or retract your vote to ostracize me.

This is your post in response to my vote last hour.

I think you misunderstand me.  Let me rephrase what I said in my previous post:

"Hm, I believe you exaggerate." -this is me responding to Wit. As I believe, he exaggerated this issue.

"I told 2 people in Gavilar's court." -These to people are Wit and Adolin.  What I told them was the Lie. (I am getting a bit tired of talking about this : )  )

"If something was to be done about it, the proper way of going about it would be to have Gavilar order her thrown out.  This could be done discreetly enough not to startle anyone." - This is me RPing what they should have done in world.  Nothing to do with game mechanics

"We get people trying to escalate the issue to get their own agendas across." -This is me insulting Wit

"I am so glad that you are helping to calm down the guests Wit. " - This is me insulting Wit again

"Honestly, we are both escalating this issue at the moment... Would you accept a white flag? " - This is me, trying to admit my own fault, and trying to calm down the situation?

If any of this does not resolve whatever misunderstanding there was, I will be quite surprised...

I don’t really understand how this addresses my problems in any way. I don’t feel that you can be trusted. You appear to be trying play everyone to reach your own ends. No matter how much you protest I still view you as a threat to the king.

also, blue text is reserved for IRL stuff.

I apologize greatly for not having been on at all yesterday, and I have a really, really bad excuse if anyone would like to hear it XD
The night before I had a dream that the LG had ended, and that 'The Skybreakers had won by killing all of the Sons of Bondsmiths' 
Which, looking back upon, is stupid, but I had kind of just assumed that the game had actually ended... Yeah, sorry about that. 

Oh, also Liss was Little Wilson which reallyshould have told me that something was not right.

@SE_Aesudan_Kholin I forgot :P

You know, you did make posts after I cleared my name, responding as if you had read the thread...

Whatever. I feel like the Honorable thing to do is give your intentions the benefit of the doubt, Dalinar.

But understand that your actions directly resulted in postponing the achievement of my first win condition by another 4 turns. Regardless of your reasons, you have dealt a significant blow to my ability to succeed in this game.

Well, it looks like Liss is getting lynched at this point, regardless of whatever else happens.

5 hours ago, SE_Ash said:

Ash sighed. "What more can you do to me, Nale? You of all people should know that death is not an option."

"I can follow the protocols of law." Nale paused. "It's the only thing I have left to hold onto."

It certainly appeared that Liss was going to be ostracized, unable to return to the feast until Hour 6.5 at the earliest. A harsh blow, for sure. Surviving an ostracism attempt the previous hour had not done her any favors. Beggar was more interested in the intruder spotted in the rafters. All his best wine was stored up there, and a dedicated search party could potentially stumble upon it. To Beggar's knowledge, the king's guards had yet to discover how he managed to keep himself supplied with aged wine, and this would be a poor time for them to find out. He would have to ascend to the rafters himself and hide as many bottles of wine as he could in a more secure location. Beggar sighed. Once, this would have been easy. These days, the trip to the rafters was long and tedious, with a constant chance of a severe fall. Climbing was easier when he wasn't drunk, so Beggar slipped his current bottle of wine into the folds of his ragged cloak and started to walk over to the passage that could, if one was not particularly concerned for their safety, lead to delicious, delicious wine..

2 hours ago, SE_Ash said:

"And what does the law say in this case?"

"It says that the deliberate destruction of property is a crime for which the penalty is a fine equal to the destroyed object, plus between 1 and 1000 days in prison, dependant upon the price of the object."

Nale's voice grew softer as he spoke.

"However, it adds that repeated infractions of such crimes shall result in a more severe punishment. Specifically, the penalty of more than three repeat infractions, with damages equal to or exceeding 1000 Emerald Broams, is death."

"Well, this is rather dull," Aesudan remarked, sipping away at her third glass of yellow for the night. "You know you've taken a wrong turn when the major attraction is one of Wit's escapades."

She picked at a plate of shellfish. Like everything else at the feast, it was painstakingly and perfectly prepared, with exotic ingredients like those small Shin fruits with a bunch of little seeds in them. Idly, she wondered if the Parshendi were able to appreciate the finer details of Gavilar's hospitality. Probably not.
As she observed the Parshendi, Aesudan had started to form a theory for why Gavilar was making such a show of pursuing peace. For an undeveloped people, alliance and conquest would achieve more or less the same outcome: assimilation. This arrangement just allowed Alethkar to take whatever they wanted with the Parshendi's consent. It was a clever plan. Even an extravagent feast like this would be far less costly than months of campaigning to properly conquer the Parshendi.
It makes a lot of sense, actually. She would have to share the idea with the others.

"Is anyone able and willing to search the rafters with me? I plan to lead a search to discover who is up there."

Aesudan stirred from her reverie, noticing Gavilar's request. Go up on the raftersNo thank you. Her dress was not well suited to such acrobatics, and it would be highly improper. She remained silent.

4 minutes ago, SE_Aesudan_Kholin said:

"Is anyone able and willing to search the rafters with me? I plan to lead a search to discover who is up there."

Aesudan stirred from her reverie, noticing Gavilar's request. Go up on the raftersNo thank you. Her dress was not well suited to such acrobatics, and it would be highly improper. She remained silent.

Liss noticed Aesudan shift uncomfortably in her seat after hearing the kings question.  She is Alethi nobility after all.  Liss was surprised that Gavilar was willing to search the rafters himself anyway.  He was the king.  He must have meant he wonders who would be willing to search the rafters for him.,,

Liss intentionally coughs loudly.  But doesn't say anything. Searching the rafters is not beneath her dignity after all...

Edited by SE_Liss

Beggar had discovered the hidden passage by accident. Wandering around the main feast hall late at night, he had stumbled into a wall in a drunken stupor. The wall had given under his weight, revealing a set of stairs. With absolutely no regards for his safety, Beggar had climbed up the stairs and discovered the rafters. After that day, Beggar had climbed into the rafters many times during the night, finding the cramped space to be an excellent place to drink wine in peace. It had been months before he had decided to store his wine here, after discovering the perfect storage place. It was this location that Beggar headed towards now.

Waiting until nobody was looking, Beggar headed towards the secret passageway. Walking through the fake wall, he climbed the stairs and himself up into the rafter. Beggar looked around for any sign of the eavesdropper. Seeing nobody, he headed towards his secret stash of alcohol. The visibility was poor; very little illumination from the stormlight lanterns reached the rafters. That didn't hinder Beggar unduly, as he'd made this particular trip many times. He'd never been under such a strict time limit though, nor had he needed to move so many bottles of wine. Coming to the loose stone block that hid his supply, Beggar began to shake the stone back and forth in an effort to dislodge it. Finally succeeding, Beggar placed the three stone weight block onto the ground, trying to be as quiet as possible. Dozens of bottles were revealed, far too many to carry by hand. Instead, Beggar took off his cloak and placed it on the floor. Into its folds, Beggar began to place bottles of wine, hoping that they would all fit, and that he would be able to smuggle the cloak out of the rafters.

8 hours ago, SE_Gavilar_Kholin said:

"Is anyone able and willing to search the rafters with me? I plan to lead a search ti discover who is up there."

"If it means that I'll be able to actually do something, then sure." Dalinar said gruffly, "This feast has been full of talk, but very little of anything else."

LG49/AN3: Hour 3.5 - Cycles of Anger and Forgiveness

Gavilar smiled. “Shall we do this one democratically, perhaps? Whoever has the most votes leaves my presence. Stand if you wish to send Liss away.”

One person stood. Then another. And another, and another, and... Thava winced, standing as still as she possibly could against the back wall. If one servant could get kicked out, any could. 

Gavilar looked at Liss. “Out of my sight.”

She bowed, with an indecipherable look on her face, and left. 

Just as the guards at the entrance were about to close the door behind her, a jaunty figure strolled through. 

Adolin grinned. “Did you miss me?”

As everyone blinked at him, he waved a piece of paper in his hand. “Found this right outside. Anyone have any idea what it means?”

Once for ev’ry Parshman slain, 

Twice for ev’ry shattered plain, 

Thrice for all Alethi gains, 

Beat thus the Parshendi refrains.

Though in anguish we would fain

Have our people thus remain,

Forged of iron are our chains, 

Rise now to Parshendi refrains. 

The downtrodden who have lain

Down and accepted human reign,

And toiled for these years in vain, 

Shall come to Parshendi refrains. 

All will then hear cries of pain, 

As the human power wanes,

And the pride of men is stained,

When beat the Parshendi refrains. 

Come! let blood from heaven rain, 

Shatter glass and windowpane,

Armed, now as the human’s bane,

Parshmen sing Parshendi refrains.

All Alethi arise, abandoning asinine aspirations as any assault against an ally angers all. Affronted at all attacks, Adolin argues against an alien as Amaram arms all anguished Alethi, attempting an attack at any adversaries. Arrayed at attention, all Alethi are aggressive, and any audacious aliens are afraid and abscond, angered and anxious, anticipating an attack afterward, again.

Liss was ostracised. Adolin has returned from ostracisation. 

Vote Count
Liss (12): Wit, Navani, Amaram, Jasnah, Ash, Restares, Tearim, Ialai, Klade, Elhokar, Drunk Beggar, Thaidakar

Hour 3.5 has begun. It will end on Tuesday the 18th of September at 8:30am BST. 

bla_1537255800.png 

Note: In future, please do not vote inside a quote box. 

Player List
1. Gavilar Kholin (Amber Vulture)
2. Dalinar Kholin (Amethyst Scorpion)
3. Torol Sadeas (Azure Mouse)
4. Meridas Amaram (Charcoal Hyena)
5. Restares (Chartreuse Penguin)
6. Tearim (Coral Swan)
7. Navani Kholin (Cream Tuatara)
8. Ialai Sadeas (Emerald Falcon)
9. Jasnah Kholin (Fuchsia Ostrich)
10. Ivory (Indigo Weasel)
11. Elhokar Kholin (Ivory Dragonfly)
12. Aesudan Kholin (Magenta Albatross)
13. Adolin Kholin (Mauve Crocodile)
14. Renarin Kholin (Melon Dingo)
15. Wit (Mint Heron)
16. Liss (Onyx Flamingo)
17. Drunk Beggar (Opal Lion)
18. Ash (Oxblood Beagle)
19. Darkness (Pearl Chameleon)
20. Kelek (Plum Rhinoceros)
21. Eshonai (Quartz Zebra)
22. Venli (Saffron Iguana)
23. Klade (Sage Kangaroo)
24. Thaidakar (Salmon Meerkat)
25. Szeth (Sapphire Elephant)

"Adolin, welcome back." Sadeas smiled as he watched the boy enter. "I do hope we can get over the unpleasantness of earlier. For your father's sake."

Though he'd helped remove Adolin, Sadeas no longer considered him a danger. Those concerns of a possible plot were quelled, though a little late to avoid throwing the boy out.

The paper Adolin brought in was curious. The women of the party were buzzing about what it said. It was just interesting enough to spark his curiosity, so he approached his wife.

"Ialai, what do you make of it?"