Fan-Made Mistborn Soundtrack

Borio Singaldi

8 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

If there ever is a mistborn movie, I hope they use these songs. After re-listening, how much of the atmosphere and feeling you captured, I think it would be hard to rival any of this in what mistborn is supposed to be.

Edit: upload this to youtube if you can. Then mobile users can access it easier.

First of all, that is such an honor to hear. I quite honestly want to be the soundtrack composer for the Mistborn movies, which is why I'm hoping they won't be made while I'm on my mission and not until after I've gained a better musical understanding and skill with instrumentation. (These are currently all just recorded on the same electric piano.)

Second, there are actually multiple other people I've found on Soundcloud and YouTube who have made their own terrific Mistborn songs, so before you toot my horn too much (which I'm already flattered by, thanks, heh heh [I can't take compliments, ugh, why am I awkward]), I think you should check them out too.

Third, I do plan on recording all of these on video and putting them out on my YouTube channel at some point. Though so doing will publicly reveal my name and face, but whatever. I've hidden in the shadows long enough.

Fourth... sorry, but I don't have any new rough recordings of songs to release here yet as I was hoping for the next time I posted, so you'll have to wait a bit longer to hear the Vin vs Shan song, the Battle of Hathsin song, or the Kredik Shaw sneak-in fiasco song. They're kind of harder to play than most others I've made, simply because of their complexity and my poor memory.

Fifth... I wanted to put a fifth thing here because I like five more than four. Uh, who else likes wearing ties?

1 minute ago, Firerust said:

[I can't take compliments, ugh, why am I awkward]

a daily quiz in the life of Ink

4 minutes ago, Firerust said:

I quite honestly want to be the soundtrack composer for the Mistborn movies, which is why I'm hoping they won't be made while I'm on my mission and not until after I've gained a better musical understanding and skill with instrumentation.

I think it'll be a while until they make the movies, if they ever do.

SANDERSON PLEASE MISTBORN, STORMLIGHT, WHITE SAND, ELANTRIS, BASICALLY ALL YOUR BOOKS. I WANT MOVIES

at least they are probably doing Legion. and Snapshot. Dark One too.

1 minute ago, Firerust said:

Though so doing will publicly reveal my name and face, but whatever. I've hidden in the shadows long enough.

I do know your name, I think. miiverse kinda shows it, and the your cosmere name thread. and hair color, thanks to ene.

2 minutes ago, Firerust said:

Fourth... sorry, but I don't have any new rough recordings of songs to release here yet as I was hoping for the next time I posted, so you'll have to wait a bit longer to hear the Vin vs Shan song, the Battle of Hathsin song, or the Kredik Shaw sneak-in fiasco song. They're kind of harder to play than most others I've made, simply because of their complexity and my poor memory.

aww... dang. Well, I'll be waiting.

2 minutes ago, Firerust said:

Fifth... I wanted to put a fifth thing here because I like five more than four. Uh, who else likes wearing ties?

I like ties. Speaking of which, i should probably go get in my concert dress... I've got a band concert tonight.

Maybe when you have finished MB, you could try SA. I feel like there is a lot you could do with that.

1 minute ago, Inklingspren said:

Maybe when you have finished MB, you could try SA. I feel like there is a lot you could do with that.

Ooh. Ah. About that. I've made like, one Stormlight based-song (possibly two, not sure whether or not to count one of them or let it be standalone), but I'm staying more out of the way of that because the Black Piper group has been working on the official SA soundtrack. I'm thinking I'll leave Stormlight to them, so that I can hopefully do with the Mistborn series what they've been doing with that series. Black Piper's got it covered, and if anyone hasn't listened to their Way of Kings soundtrack yet, repent and do so, please. :P

Oh, and I've made a couple Elantris-based songs, one for Sarene and one for the Fjordell Empire, but hey, that's a different story completely.

13 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Storms Rust, man! These are amazing!

Rusts instead of storms because Mistborn? :P  But THANK YOU!

6 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Holy crap @Firerust, these are so good!

I love the Mistborn suite! The tone and atmosphere is perfect for Mistborn.

Thanks, you guys! Thank you all for listening.

You know, I keep hearing that the Mistborn Suite is people's favorite, which I find funny because I personally don't find it as memorable or stirring as some of my others, mostly because it's the one song that isn't keyed to a scene. But to each their own, lol.

Actually, confession time. Parts of the song were heavily influenced by the song Ashfall by The Darkeyed Musician as a result of me listening to it a lot. So if you hear similarities between the two at all, blame me. She made her song first, and it was inspiration for mine. So while I've been recommending Black Piper and their Kaladin album, let me also wholeheartedly recommend the Darkeyed Musician!

@Firerust, I don't know if you can compose for a full symphony, but you should start a kickstarter campaign to get these fully orchestrated.

I am listening to Kelsier VS. Inquisitor, and it would sound so good fully orchestrated. It's epic in a Carmina Burana O Fortuna kind of way, but the synthesized instruments keep it from being blow your socks out to Jupiter level good (they sadly only get blown out to the asteroid belt between mars and Jupiter).

Maybe even talk to the people that did the Kaladin album and see about producing these songs with them, these are freaking amazing. I read in an earlier post that you are going to be starting your mission, why not find out the best place to record this with a symphony and then do your mission there? I'm not LDS so I don't know how all of this works, but it seems like this is a compelling reason to have a VERY specific spot to be sent on mission.

I just have to let you know, I am converting these to MP3 so I can listen to them on my phone, holy crap, so good. I would be willing to host a zip download of these as MP3 on my oneDrive, so that people that are having trouble listening to these on their phones would no longer have that trouble.

Ok, so I finally listened through the whole track collection.
I am going to double post, I know this is :( upon, but c'est la vie.
Also, I am going to be dispensing unsolicited advice, I know this can also be :( upon, but again c'est la vie.
Also, additionally, I am not a musician, so treat my advice like Michaelangelo would treat the advice of a fishmonger's wife about the best way to carve the Pieta.

First off, the melody line for every song is great, the atmosphere for the scene is spot on, but some songs work better than others. I think this is really only a problem because these songs aren't fully orchestrated (there are times when the synthesizer sounds too much like a synthesizer, and if you had a full orchestra playing this, it would just sound AWESOME).

This is totally information to do with as you wish, but as a sentient awakened sword, err I mean human listening to your work, here is the list of songs that I thought were best (from strongest to least strong):

1. Mistborn Suite: This includes a lot of possibly pull-out-able refrains that would be nice to hear in other songs.
  2. Kelsier vs. Inquisitor: This song is amazing, sounds like it is already keyed to music, one suggestion would be to read the battle scene and transcribe the scene into musical notation based on key moments of the scene as full stops (this is just a theoretical exercise, but should be interesting I think) and then look back at the song as you have it written, and try and fully imagine the scene with the music behind it. The tone and atmosphere are spot on, but I think that you should possibly record a video of yourself playing this and then add captions or subtitles that explains the action of the scene.
  3. Meet Zane: This song is so moodily creepy, it's so good it almost beat out the Mistborn Suite, except that the Mistborn Suite does a great job of capturing the tone and movement of Mistborn. @Chaos really should listen to your Meet Zane song (added a link and a tag so it's easier for him to do it), this will give him a soundtrack for his hatred of Zane.
  4. Sazed. So good. Again, this is a song that sounds great, but full orchestration on this one would be AMAZING! There are some depths of the human soul that this song should be reaching, that it can't because the instruments aren't bass-ey enough.
  5. The Lord Ruler's Arrival. I don't know if you are familiar with Geinoh Yamashirogumi's soundtrack for Akira the movie, but your composition is just as powerful and moving as his composition "Battle against the Clowns", which I think is one of the best compositions for film ever. Your opening dischord and the minor response is SO GOOD, but I think that this is another one where full orchestration would make this WAY better.
  6. They Shall Fear Us Intro: I am totally into this, but there's a musical change that happens 32 seconds in that totally undercuts the tone of all of the proceeding music. Maybe there's a better way to shift this to major? Up to 17 seconds in, this is my favorite of your compositions, but the shift (though it is gradual) doesn't really work for me.
  7. Koloss Breach: This is probably the most cinema ready song that you have composed, I can totally see Doxson dying in slow motion with this song playing. So good.

I'm going to stop there (you have to stop sometime, right). I think these songs are SO GOOD, you really have to do something with them (whether it's using them to get a full ride scholarship to Juliard, or starting a kickstarter campaign where you actually get them made and they possibly end up as the soundtrack to Mistborn) is totally up to you.

*EDIT*: I'm working right now with the Mistborn Suite on repeat, it's an incredibly nice soundtrack to work to.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
typos, it's raining typos all over the world, typos no need to ask why

Whew, this is a lot to read, and I will react with awe and sheepishness one post at a time. (And you know what? It may not be up to me, but I'm okay with double-posting on this particular thread because I've done it multiple times.)

3 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I don't know if you can compose for a full symphony, but you should start a kickstarter campaign to get these fully orchestrated.

Yes, I do indeed plan on orchestrating this for a full symphony, they are only electric piano voice tracks because that is the best I can do with available resources and my limited musical knowledge. Yes, I have software that allows for orchestration, but I am still in the process of learning such things instrument by instrument. Kickstarter... *shrug* I dunno if I wanna go that route. We'll see about that.

I am listening to Kelsier VS. Inquisitor, and it would sound so good fully orchestrated. It's epic in a Carmina Burana O Fortuna kind of way, but the synthesized instruments keep it from being blow your socks out to Jupiter level good (they sadly only get blown out to the asteroid belt between mars and Jupiter).

Hmmm. Peculiar choice of description, I must say, but apt nonetheless. Yes, it would sound better orchestrated, I agree.

Maybe even talk to the people that did the Kaladin album and see about producing these songs with them, these are freaking amazing. I read in an earlier post that you are going to be starting your mission, why not find out the best place to record this with a symphony and then do your mission there? I'm not LDS so I don't know how all of this works, but it seems like this is a compelling reason to have a VERY specific spot to be sent on mission.

Okaaay, there is some explaining to do here. I'm afraid that you are suggesting is not possible. To clarify one thing, I am not starting my mission anytime soon, but I am working on preparing for it, perhaps at some point next year. The way missions work for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I do not choose where I will go. My belief is that God will make the choice for me, and I will gladly go wherever He wishes. Which is why I've never given where I'll go any thought. And while on a mission, I would not be able to work on orchestrations at all, for it would take time away from doing my missionary duties, and such things just ought not to be done on missions. So... I would have to complete orchestration and such beforehand.

I just have to let you know, I am converting these to MP3 so I can listen to them on my phone, holy crap, so good. I would be willing to host a zip download of these as MP3 on my oneDrive, so that people that are having trouble listening to these on their phones would no longer have that trouble.

Aw, thank you! As I've said before, hearing that someone would put these songs on their phones to listen to is a great honor. And if you are willing to help others with hearing them, please do, that would be helpful to me and to them, thank you so much. I have yet to put these songs on YouTube and that would take a while.

2 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Ok, so I finally listened through the whole track collection.
I am going to double post, I know this is :( upon, but c'est la vie.
Also, I am going to be dispensing unsolicited advice, I know this can also be :( upon, but again c'est la vie.
Also, additionally, I am not a musician, so treat my advice like Michaelangelo would treat the advice of a fishmonger's wife about the best way to carve the Pieta.

Like I said, double-posting doesn't matter to me personally, and I'm good for advice, even though it's a long list. Aaaaand, uhhhh... I know nothing about fishing, so my understanding of that is like a piano student trying to learn accidentals on their first day of lessons.

Mistborn Suite: This includes a lot of possibly pull-out-able refrains that would be nice to hear in other songs.

My good man, that is exactly the point of it. A collection of themes, an overall theme for the entire series that incorporates the primary motif.

Kelsier vs. Inquisitor: This song is amazing, sounds like it is already keyed to music, one suggestion would be to read the battle scene and transcribe the scene into musical notation based on key moments of the scene as full stops (this is just a theoretical exercise, but should be interesting I think) and then look back at the song as you have it written, and try and fully imagine the scene with the music behind it. The tone and atmosphere are spot on, but I think that you should possibly record a video of yourself playing this and then add captions or subtitles that explains the action of the scene.

Oh, yes, I should. I will confess to the silly and slightly embarrassing fact that I haven't re-read any of those parts of the books to the songs I made for them. And I didn't re-read the scenes before making the songs. I created the songs out of memory of the events of the scene instead, so yes, the compositions are often not queued directly to the exact moments in the books in "real time", so to speak.

Meet Zane: This song is so moodily creepy, it's so good it almost beat out the Mistborn Suite, except that the Mistborn Suite does a great job of capturing the tone and movement of Mistborn. @Chaos really should listen to your Meet Zane song (added a link and a tag so it's easier for him to do it), this will give him a soundtrack for his hatred of Zane.

I was not of the memory that Chaos hates Zane. Good, we have something in common. Fun fact for everybody: the theme used in Zane's song is actually a reused one from an old song I made years ago as a fanfic Transformers song (a theme for Megatronus the Fallen, for anyone who cares). But since Transformers stuff already has it's own music, that would be pointless, so I used the same theme for another character it would fit.

Sazed. So good. Again, this is a song that sounds great, but full orchestration on this one would be AMAZING! There are some depths of the human soul that this song should be reaching, that it can't because the instruments aren't bass-ey enough.

You may have said your non-musician-ness would hamper your advice, but I whole heartedly agree with everything you just said there. I really want to make a song that fits Sazed, and yes, it definitely needs more bass-iness to reach new heights of emotion.

The Lord Ruler's Arrival. I don't know if you are familiar with Geinoh Yamashirogumi's soundtrack for Akira the movie, but your composition is just as powerful and moving as his composition "Battle against the Clowns", which I think is one of the best compositions for film ever. Your opening dischord and the minor response is SO GOOD, but I think that this is another one where full orchestration would make this WAY better.

I've never heard of this Akira movie, but thank you very much nonetheless. This song actually was queued to precise moments in the book, as you would hopefully be able to distinguish (thought it's not done perfectly). I must orchestrate this as well, obviously.

They Shall Fear Us Intro: I am totally into this, but there's a musical change that happens 32 seconds in that totally undercuts the tone of all of the proceeding music. Maybe there's a better way to shift this to major? Up to 17 seconds in, this is my favorite of your compositions, but the shift (though it is gradual) doesn't really work for me.

I'm... actually not sure what you mean here. The change from minor to major was meant to be sudden, with an unexpected chord progression meant to accompany the unexpectedness of what Elend does in this scene to surprise Vin.

Koloss Breach: This is probably the most cinema ready song that you have composed, I can totally see Doxson dying in slow motion with this song playing. So good.

Oof, thank you bunches. It sure was meant to be emotional foreground music to a silent and chaotic scene. Seeing Dockson and Clubs die in quick succession over the course of this song is meant to get feelsy.

I'm going to stop there (you have to stop sometime, right). I think these songs are SO GOOD, you really have to do something with them (whether it's using them to get a full ride scholarship to Juliard, or starting a kickstarter campaign where you actually get them made and they possibly end up as the soundtrack to Mistborn) is totally up to you.

I don't ever plan on going to Juliard (I'm not good enough for that), haha, I just want to be a stay-at-home-in-Utah composer dude (unless my future requires otherwise). But the Kickstarter thing... I've said before that I want to do to Mistborn what Black Piper has done to Stormlight Archive, so that's definitely an option I'm considering. It would be a dream come true if Brandon Sanderson himself were to hear these.

*EDIT*: I'm working right now with the Mistborn Suite on repeat, it's an incredibly nice soundtrack to work to.

I am honored.  Thank you SO MUCH for all your input. Wow, that was a lot to respond to.

9 minutes ago, Firerust said:

a theme for Megatronus the Fallen, for anyone who cares

Oh, I care— A LOT. You should totally post this, This would be an instance of the very infrequently sighted mathematical conundrum of the Radical of Radical,i.e. what is the square root of Rad? I can only say that it will be definitely proven after firerust posts the theme for Megatronus the Fallen.

17 minutes ago, Firerust said:

i'm... actually not sure what you mean here. The change from minor to major was meant to be sudden, with an unexpected chord progression meant to accompany the unexpectedness of what Elend does in this scene to surprise Vin.

I've actually listened to this track a number of times again, and what I am talking about is totally valid. The opening of the song promises a certain mood, and I am totally ok with the change form major to minor, but there is a point, specifically at 14 seconds in where a dissonance that is incongruous with this change occurs, and it throws off the otherwise powerful movement. This seems to be the hinge moment where the change from minor to major occurs, but there has to be another way to do this, right?

Like I said, I am a fan of this song (I truly think this is one of your best), and I think this is something that you should give another listen to. I think this one of those instances where you can (using your inimitable, god given musical gifts) figure out how to square the circle, it is so close to being perfect that I think I would be remiss in my duties of encouragement if I didn't try and push you towards perfecting it (how you go about that, I have no idea, but I get the intuitive sense that you are SO close and you can do it).

31 minutes ago, Firerust said:

My belief is that God will make the choice for me, and I will gladly go wherever He wishes.

Your compositions are amazing Firerust, totally don't want to be discouraging in the least, all I am trying to do is provide some constructive criticism. Your work is amazing, don't discount Julliard, your's is a talent that should be fostered and shared. Maybe my posting this is part of god's plan (I had deja vu while I was typing this, is this because I am sleep deprived or is this because God works in mysterious ways?)

You have a God given gift, you do yourself or the world no favors by not exploring/honing it to the finest. For real.

8 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Oh, I care— A LOT. You should totally post this, This would be an instance of the very infrequently sighted mathematical conundrum of the Radical of Radical,i.e. what is the square root of Rad? I can only say that it will be definitely proven after firerust posts the theme for Megatronus the Fallen.

Well, I already did. It's practically the same as Zane's theme. Only changes are the key and the instrument sounds used. But basically the same songs completely. I mean, there was a bit more to the Fallen's theme originally, but it was just reusing the same things from existing Transformers music mainly. One thing to keep in mind is the fact that I don't just make Mistborn songs. They account for maybe about a third of all the songs I've made on record. So there's plenty more where these come from, but I won't post them on this thread, because this is a Mistborn topic thread only. And because I haven't recorded them.

I've actually listened to this track a number of times again, and what I am talking about is totally valid. The opening of the song promises a certain mood, and I am totally ok with the change form major to minor, but there is a point, specifically at 14 seconds in where a dissonance that is incongruous with this change occurs, and it throws off the otherwise powerful movement. This seems to be the hinge moment where the change from minor to major occurs, but there has to be another way to do this, right?

Like I said, I am a fan of this song (I truly think this is one of your best), and I think this is something that you should give another listen to. I think this one of those instances where you can (using your inimitable, god given musical gifts) figure out how to square the circle, it is so close to being perfect that I think I would be remiss in my duties of encouragement if I didn't try and push you towards perfecting it (how you go about that, I have no idea, but I get the intuitive sense that you are SO close and you can do it).

Speaking quite honestly, I still don't get your point. Whatever you're hearing that's wrong with it, I don't hear it, and I'm often rather critical of my songs. I think the song gets the point across as it should.

You have a God given gift, you do yourself or the world no favors by not exploring/honing it to the finest. For real.

Agreed, but there is more to my life than music, as much as I may hate to think so, lul. :P

Aaanyway, I still don't have more songs recorded to share, everybody, sorry about that. Hopefully more to come soon. I really look forward to sharing that Kredik Shaw break-in song...

• 3 weeks later...

Another double post on my own thread, urgh. My bad, but I wanted to make this announcement! I don't know if I'll keep this thread up and stuff, because I plan on putting these songs on YouTube on video eventually. I've done so with just a few. So I don't know if I'll keep putting stuff on this thread. With the exception of this one more song I've been working on over the past couple days:

This is a song called "Trust" for that scene in book two where Vin went off alone after killing that army and hid away in her old hideout and Elend finds her. She talks about how she feels bad for killing so many people and doesn’t trust her judgment, then Elend responds by telling her he will trust her decisions no matter what because he’s awesome that way. So, yeah. This song is for that.

Trust.m4a

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:43 PM, Ookla the Vocal One said:

I NEED MORE

I will likely post more here when I am ready, which I am not as of yet. But thank you for staying with me through this!

On 11/20/2018 at 11:07 PM, VedenTruthwatcher said:

What is your Youtube called? I'd love to see a link to some of these songs if you get them up, and also check out other stuff you've done.

My YouTube channel is my actual name...

Spoiler

Shardic name reveal...

Spoiler

Ian Larsen.

Though there are many YouTubers who have that same name, I've found, so it's safer if you specify by searching my name with "Fanmade Mistborn Soundtrack". And I have a few other non-cosmere songs posted on my channel as well. It's a half-and-half split. And thank you for your interest!

• 1 month later...

I am back (rushing in with a necro and double-post on my own topic) with a few more songs! Just a few for now, sorry. Many are hard to record.

Cornered.m4a

Tiny little song for book one for when that Inquisitor guy Bendal has Vin cornered and is about to take her when someone attacks him from behind...

Saved by Sazed.m4a

And for the follow-up. I quite enjoyed making this one. It's the song for when Kelsier and his crew hear pounding on the door and think they’re done for, but then Sazed barges in, holding the wounded Vin he just saved from an Inquitor. End of Part 2!

Wax-Steris Wedding.m4a

And now for something completely different. :P It's a song for when Wax and Steris are about to get married at the beginning of Bands or Mourning. Right before, you know, a water tower falls down on the chapel they’re in.

***READ AFTER LISTENING***
Yeah, I get it, it sounds like a funeral song, not a wedding song. But whatever. I’m sure the Survivorist religion (that their wedding ceremony is in a chapel of) is focused enough on death and stuff that it would fit them. Plus, the melody is a major-key variation on the theme I use for Kelsier, just to allude to his religion. ;)

Nice @Firerust!

I love the Inquisitors' sinister theme, Cornered was probably my favorite.

Wax and Steris's wedding theme was really nice too, totally fits how Wax is thinking about that first wedding, would love to hear the theme for their second wedding.

I was just re-listening to your other songs, they are so good. Looking forward to more updates!

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Could you send me that Dropbox link?

Umm, I haven't converted these to MP3 yet, I can do this later and PM you with the link.

I'll wait and see what the order is that Firerust suggests, and append the track number to the file name so they play in the right order.

15 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Umm, I haven't converted these to MP3 yet, I can do this later and PM you with the link.

I'll wait and see what the order is that Firerust suggests, and append the track number to the file name so they play in the right order.

Okay, thank you!

Ooh, putting them in order! I will gladly do so! Keep in mind that this is only the songs I've made so far, not a full list. This will eventually need to be updated as I make more. I'll even leave a few names of songs I made that I haven't recorded yet just to hype you up! :D

Also keep in mind this is only the chronological order.

Final Empire:

1. Mistborn Suite (Maybe just 'cause it's an overall main theme and the like)

Edit: 1.5: First Waltz (it's from HoA, but it's the second one I ever made and is the root song for Vin and Elend's theme, so it would work to listen to it early on.)

2. Sazed

3. Noble Life

4. Vin and Elend Meet

5. Sneaking In And Breaking Out (yet to be released on here)

6. Cornered

7. Saved by Sazed

8. Confrontation in the Square

9. The Lord Ruler Arrives

10. Lament for Kelsier

11. Shattered Glass (yet to be released on here)

12. Lord Ruler's Fall (yet to be released on here)

13. You Read Too Much

13.5: Mistborn Suite (it could also be placed here on the list to serve as end credits music of sorts)

Well of Ascension

14. Meet Zane

15. Mist Spirit (yet to be released on here)

16. Trust

17. Koloss Breach

18. Frozen in the Ash and Snow

Hero of Ages

19. First Waltz (my personal favorite)

20. They Shall Fear Us (full song not yet released)

21. Ruin's Downfall; Vin's Sacrifice

22. Catacendre (yet to be released on here)

23. Epilogue (yet to be released on here)

Alloy of Law

24. Alloy Suite (unfinished, yet to be released on here)

25. Wayne

Shadows of Self

NOTHING YET

Bands of Mourning

26. Wax/Steris Wedding (needs a better name)

27. The Last Breath (both versions)

Edited by Firerust

On 1/9/2019 at 10:46 PM, AonEne said:

Speaking of weddings...is there any chance you'd let me use some of this music in the Ap/me wedding? When that happens?

Feel free, it's not like I've structured copyright claims or monetization for it. So you're good. Go ahead. And I corrected your post.

Oh yeah, I got a couple more for you! Plus, I figured out a way to filter the sound of my fingers hitting keys, at the cost of a couple tiny recording setbacks that hopefully aren't noticeable.

First is the current iteration of the theme I made for the mist spirit.

Mist Spirit.m4a

Next is the song for the end of book one, in which the Lord Ruler is dying and warns Vin of the world's fate, and then she stabs him and kills him. Hooray for climaxes!

He Is Hope.m4a

More are to come! :D