Fel's Sketchbook [spoilers]

FelCandy

@FelCandy, Those Are Really Nice sketches. I'm an artist too and it's fun to see the stages from pencil sketch, to inked, to finished watercwatercolor ed sketch.

Your Parshendi sketches are pretty much exactly how I visualized them, they look really good. I especially like the carapace details on the parshendi's spine in the profile view.

Also, how you drew Gaza is perfect too.

Really nice work, excited to see more of your sketches! 

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

@FelCandy, Those Are Really Nice sketches. I'm an artist too and it's fun to see the stages from pencil sketch, to inked, to finished watercwatercolor ed sketch.

Your Parshendi sketches are pretty much exactly how I visualized them, they look really good. I especially like the carapace details on the parshendi's spine in the profile view.

Also, how you drew Gaza is perfect too.

Really nice work, excited to see more of your sketches! 

Thank you very much, I'll try to post more "steps" for my drawings!

30 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

This looks awesome, but who's dreamier?

Renarin?
Adolin?
or Surblood??

Adolin, so dreamy!

1 minute ago, FelCandy said:

Adolin, so dreamy!

I don't know, I think Sureblood has nicer hair! And look at those lashes. I can totally see music spren swirling around him.

I really like the pen and ink stage of your work, the lines are super clean and they look great.

13 hours ago, FelCandy said:

Here is the line art for my Jasnah Painting that can be found here:

Yeah, I actually saw this one in the gallery. I saw all of the steps and my personal favorite was the line drawing stage. It's really nice and starkly beautiful.

The watercolor looks nice too, but it seemed to me like it lost a little of the dimensionality it had in the ink stage when the color was applied. The color was really nice, nice split complimentary palette with the yellow playing off the purple and skin tones.

Kaladin looks awesome! The color looks great on that one (nice color harmony too, by the way).

The Inquisitor drawing is great too! I never thought that eyespikes could look fashionable, but man that guy is rockin' em. I like how you handled the background in that sketch too.

Pretty hi-lar-ious that the Cryptic spren is sayin "Sup".

Nice work all around.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, FelCandy said:

Adolin, so dreamy!

AGREED. Why do all the best men have to be fictional?! 

Also, I love your work, Fel! You’re such an amazing artist— I literally just ran out of upvotes, but I’ll go back through and give you one for every post later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...