Quick Fix Game 33 - Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

Herowannabe

9 minutes ago, phattemer said:

In the style of Kidpen and Droughtbringer, I'll sign up as Robert `); DROP TABLE Students;--, or Bobby Tables for short.

*gets reference*

*cannot give upvote*

Edited by Kidpen

2 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Good memory! I think I played in L35, too. But yeah, it's been a while.

My brother recommended this, and I've played the board game, so it seemed like a good time to come back.

Good to have you back. Although don't count on me botching everything quite as bad as I did back then :P

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Ah, nothing can be as embarrassing as LG34. Besides maybe AG4. 

Ohhh, was that the game where I got role-blocked on the turn the elims forgot to kill anyone? And then it turned out I was the seeker? That was hilarious. What happened in AG4?

1 hour ago, Paranoid King said:

Ohhh, was that the game where I got role-blocked on the turn the elims forgot to kill anyone? And then it turned out I was the seeker? That was hilarious. What happened in AG4?

Oh yeah. I managed to make a trust group of villagers that half of which were not villagers. That was... great. 

Just now, Steeldancer said:

Oh yeah. I managed to make a trust group of villagers that half of which were not villagers. That was... great. 

It could have been worse. The entire village could have been following your lead.

oh wait. :P

3 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

It could have been worse. The entire village could have been following your lead.

oh wait. :P

The odd thing is after single handedly managing to cripple the village, only a few games later I pulled off my greatest victory. 

And that is why I’m still playing. Each game presents a new opportunity. And thank goodness for that. 

I made a lot of progress on the spreadsheet tonight. Now I can easily just randomize the Method and Evidence lists and it will autofill everything in for each player, including a format that's relatively easy to c/p into the thread. When the game begins, the player list will look something like this:

Spoiler
  Player Name Means of Murder Pieces of Evidence
  Steeldancer
Squid of Steel
Aon Tia (Transportation), Smoke, The Bands of Mourning , Sandling,  Firemoss, Blue Skin Scraps, Contract, Orange Blood Droplets, 
  A Joe In the Bush
Various Divide
Blackbane Leaf, Shardblade, Aimian, Bloodsealing,  Fashion Magazine, False Beard, Artisan’s Script, Jeskeri Pendant, 
  Droughtbringer
In
Birchbane, Backbreaker Powder, Highstorm, Stone,  Bridgeman's Vest, Pet Monkey, Aluminum Bullets, Bright Green Hat, 
  Devotary of Spontaneity
Fourth of the Twilight
Cut-away vines, Acid, Blood Loss, Lost Divine Breath,  Singed Cloak, Horseshoes, MaiPon Sticks, Lifeless Squirrel, 
  MetaTerminal
Selksi
Atium, Torture, Nightblood, Nightmaw,  Ancient Text, Grey Patch, Writing Board, Straw Man, 
  Rathmaskal
Larry
Hook, Aon Ehe (Fire), Beheading, Bow & Arrow,  Portrait, Wetleek Sap Trail, Aonic Dictionary, Red Sphere, 
  Elandera
Oyh
Glass Dagger, Hammer, Firesnap Lizards, Swampvine,  Grand Robe, Child's Toy, Dun Spheres, Potted Grass, 
  Wiritos
<name pending>
Poisonous Sting, Duel, Toxic Fungus, Enhanced Strength,  Mastrell Sash, Chicken, Bones, Blood, 
  Madagasar
Mad
Poisoned Wine, Explosion, Booby Trap, Lashing,  A'kar's Symbol, Embalming Tools, Bullet Casings, Elantrian Robes, 
  Snipexe
Snip
Dakhor Ritual, Midnight Essence, Poisoned Needle, Chasmfiend,  Cup, Skaze, Purple Blood Droplets, Black Sphere, 
  Araris Valerian
Aralis
Betrayal, Aon Daa (Power), Dreok's Axe, Sword,  Stick, Fabrial, Hemalurgic Earring, Hoid’s flute, 
  Kidpen
<Name Pending>
Fenweed Poison, Scarf, Silver Knife, Rope,  Lamp, Jam & Bread, Hog, Tattoo, 
  Phattemer
Bobby Tables
Obsidian Axe, Shardplate, Sacrificial Altar, Bare Hands,  Hairpin, Gum, Halfshard shield, Sunglasses, 
  Paranoid King
John 'Not-A-Murderer-At-All' Smith
Dehydration, Aon Sheo (Death), Drowning, Rathbore Monk,  Uniform, Metallurgy Equipment, White Clothing, Boots, 

The next step is to get the randomizer worked out for the Scene Tiles.

It looks like the checkboxes to mark who has/hasn't made their accusation yet aren't pasting to the thread right, so I'll have to tweak that. That won't be hard though. 

If anyone sees anything funky or has any suggestions for the spreadsheet, please let me know! :)

Edited by Herowannabe

Reprehensible reprobates, the lot of you. I have no doubt you have all done something illegal in the past, even if we are for some reason focusing only on one case. If I were the Oracle, I'd have you all tied to spits and slowly fed to pigs until the truth came out. Some people might say that's why I've been banned from Oracling on over six worlds. I say that the people saying that are the reason crime still exists.

15 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

if it's alright, I'd like to change from pinch hitter to player. I might not be the most active, but I should still be able to play.

Do you want to keep the same name: Rettih Chnip?

PSA everyone:

I was just looking at the countdown timer and realized that I had my timing wrong for my schedule this week. I have extended signups by 24 hours from what was originally posted and updated the countdown timer in the first post. Signups will end and the game will begin in roughly 2 days from this post. 

red_1535511600.png

EDIT: PSA part 2:

So tomorrow evening I will be taking my daughter to her school carnival. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but the start of the game may be delayed by a couple hours because of it. Regardless of when the game actually begins, sign-ups will be closed once the countdown timer ends. 

Edited by Herowannabe

50 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Look who's back! Me! 

Should I sign up for this game?

Hmm... hmmm... Joe signed for this game. Can I kill him? Probably. Okay I undoubtedly should sign up for this game. Sign up me as Niar.

Welcome back!

If you can kill Joe, I'll give you a prize! I doubt you'll be able to because reasons.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder