Dishardic Pronunciation - Arcanum Unbounded Audiobook

Arcanum Unbounded is full of, what I believe, to be mispronounciations (although others can speak with more knowledge than I can on the subject) . I noticed Kramer pronounced several things differently than Jack Garrett for the Elantris short story. Even the very best of narrators sometimes just guess with names they are unfamiliar with or things unique to a particular fantasy world. I noticed Simon Vance, while reading the complete Sherlock Holmes stories referred to the angel Moroni, but he pronounced it like Moroney (rhymes with money).

Could be as simple as Kramer being a professional who does his job well, but doesn't actually care entirely to much about the things he's paid to read. 

Him pronouncing it in the seemingly obvious dual shard/dishardic meaning would mean him caring to remember the references to Shards. And seeing as this was Arcanum Unbounded, in which the essays actually do reference the Shards... 

Yeah, unfortunately Kramer got a lot of things wrong, especially in the Elantris short story. Pronouncing ‘Sarene’ as ‘Sar-ene’ rather than the correct ‘Sar-ee-nee’ and ‘Raoden’ as ‘Row-den’ rather than the correct ‘Ray-oh-den’. But yeah, ‘dishardic’ was facepalm-worthy.

• Chaos locked this topic