16 Year Peace

Nohadon

Good.

Silas, Year Thirteen

"I, first and foremost, am a doctor. A doctor cures the patient of sicknesses and tumors.  The doctor protects the patient. The patient rewards the doctor. Sometimes, the doctor has to do a little something to get the patient coming back for more and more treatments, thus rewarding the doctor more. You," Silas said to the cowering gangster, "Are the tumor in my patient. I am a doctor, and I will cure the world of one thing: people like you. I might get rewarded, but there is no reward like continuing the work of my childhood." Silas pulled out two knives, one in each hand, and stabbed the criminal in the heart and jugular. A few minutes later, Silas was seen walking the streets with a smile on his face, humming Killer Queen under his breath.

Silas, Year Two (Pre-adoption)

The thugs were closing in on Silas, blocking off his only ways of escape. 

"Runt! Pay up, or we'll get you hurted! Give us what we want, and you'll get hurted less!" the tallest thug, Blurk, cried. The other thugs, Lurt and Walp echoed him with "Yeah!"

"Hurted? Sons, I'm going to lay a hurt on you like you've never felt. In fact, you'll never feel it, because you'll be dead before you even notice. In fact, I don't know why I'm still talking to you, due to the fact that I already ripped out your hearts," Silas said to the three corpses lying on the ground. Silas dropped a small note to the gang head to find along with the corpses. It read:

I am a doctor. A doctor cures the patient of sicknesses and tumors. This city is my patient. You're next.

Edited by JacobClaessen

Mack, During the 7 day war.

Mack stumbled into the craftsmen base, and collapsed on the floor, He was free! For the first time in months he was able to do what he wanted instead of that insane maniac. He could get back to his work, but only after he rebuilt.

His acolytes were gone, they all worked for the DA, storm them and all they sta- no. He wouldn't hate the DA. They were the most powerful people(?) around, and had access to thousands and thousands of gemstones of data, science and research, which he may need. And Mac made sure that Mack would have a clean slate after Mac died. There was no need to sully that. Regardless, without any assistants or funding, he would need to leave the alleyverse for a time. Visit the schools, find more inventors, builders, and thinkers. Thankfully, this place was well enough defended that he didn't have to worry about it. All he needed to do was grab his armor, robes, and his savings and leave the alleyverse. He slowly got up and moved throughout the base. It was weird, without Mac in his head, he felt so much slower. That Man had perfected his mind, and had a goal. Mack needed to do that, partially to protect himself, but mostly because of what he could accomplish with a drive like that. But before he picked his mission he needed to heighten his mind, and get back on his feet. He walked to the Teleportation room, and moved to the Aon Tia tied to his house in elantris. He would start where he was born, and work his way out from there.

Mack, Year 4. Somewhere in the Cognitive realm.

Journal entry

4 years into my journey around the multiverse, Finally made it off of taladin. Never going there again. Complete waste of time. Their investiture is the most useless thing I'v ever learned about. You can't use it outside of the system due to its need to be recharged. Maybe if you managed to make a self sustaining miniature star? but that would be nearly impossible. Actually, that might be an interesting problem. But there is no way I'm going to be able to get some of a shard's power. Especially that slontze.

Places I've visited: I went to everything after scadrial in the last 4 years, and studied at them learning their magic systems.

Roshar - Could be useful, though the oaths and intent are pesky. May need it for the armor though
Sel - by far the most useful, I can use Aons and the Dor to power nearly everything
Silverlight - bunch of stuck up idiots. Nobody wants to help me invent. I'll look for people once I get back into the alleyverse
Scadrial - The Metallic arts are interesting. Thank goodness Leras and Ati made sure that they made sense. Allomancy is really only useful in terms of fighting though. My machines cant use it, at least, not without ettmetal. Same with feruchemy, though copperminds could provide good memory banks if I can hack them to work. Hemalurgy, not sure how much I like it, but I will need it to get most of the systems to work together, so I guess I'll have to be used to it by then.
Nalthis - The variability in commands with breath is intriguing. I'm wondering how conditional I can make them, and if they can work in programs. I'll need to find someone experienced in their use on another world.
Randland - I am staying away from the One Power. Even when I see it being used, I get flashbacks to Mac. There is no way I can use it safely.
Taladin -  see above.

Still need to get to:

Earth. Macs had memories from there, and the technology is so advances
Threnody - need to see shades.
First of the sun - aviar could be cool? I guess? I need to finish my tour though.

Edited by MacThorstenson

• 2 weeks later...

Ioc rubbed it's hands together. It was almost done. It was working.

Not 'it' as in, well, Ioc. But 'it' as in the thing it was making.

'You're making this two confusing,' Prefrontal Cortex said.

'I think you meant 'too' not 'two',' Subconscious said smugly.

'Now that's not fair,' Prefrontal Cortex said. 'You can't just imagine me saying 'two' then say I'm wrong!'

'I didn't!' Subconscious replied. 'I can hear spelling!'

'Yeah, you can hear mine!' Prefrontal replied. 'Because we don't exist, and you choose how we spell stuff!'

'Would I lie to you?' Subconscious asked.

There was a pause.

'YES, YOU WOULD!' Prefrontal Cortex screamed. 'ALL THE TIME!'

'Someone shut him up,' Subconscious ordered.

'Why don't you just do it?" Association Cortex asked. 'I mean, you're in charge of us, right?'

'Good point," Subconscious said as it muted Prefrontal Cortex. 'Now, hush, I have work to do,'

Ioc finished, then stepped back, rubbing its hands again. It was done. The object and the being.

Ioc gathered up all of the little spheres in its hands, then teleported to the Alleyverse Post Office.

"Hello," it said. "I'd like one of these delivered to every Alleyverse character. it will allow them to call upon my presence at any time. All they have to do is rub it a bit. Thanks!"

Ioc left.

Directly after the war

Gaan smiled as they came for him. He wasn’t sure if the whispers he heard were from the acolytes in the corners of the room, or the figures who stood in the shadows. He didn’t resist as the two DA bruisers picked him up and put his arms in chains, nor when the hefted the warhammers. He let out a scream when the first blow came. As more fell, crushing his bones, Gaan let his sanity lapse, and just felt the pain. When the strikes stopped, there were no bones left in his body, just splinters. He knew what happened next. A third acolyte approaches bearing an empty box with a pink heart embossed on the side. Gaan felt his mass being lifted up, and then shoved in the box, being compressed and compressed until there was no space remaining. He felt the motion of air as the lid was put on, and he warmed with the heat of the sealing. He knew what happened next. There was an alley were failures like him went. It was unamed, for one would not dare to name a place such as this. In it were simply shelves. Shelves and shelves of cubes just like the one he was in. As he was lifted up and placed, he heard the silence of his companions. The silence of an eternity spent in a cube.

Mac walked through the cognitive realm, defeated and annoyed. He had been trying to find the way to earth for months now. And nothing was working. He knew the CR like the back of his hand, and couldn't find anyway out. What was worse, was that he was running low on supplies, and didn't have enough money to pay an elsecaller to take him back to the alleyverse's PR. This was turning out to be a mess.

He had made it all the way to threnody, but the shades weren't all that interesting. Neither were the Aviar in the dromidad system. Then he had tried to find the way to earth, but it hadn't worked. Maybe if he stopped and tried to think? No, if he stopped moving he was dead. He barely slept anymore because of the memories. Storm Mac and what he did. I used to be a kind guy, but now whenever I see a person I nearly run away in fear that they will spike me. And now I'm running low on supplies, Gah, what am I going to do? 

Then, without warning, one of the Abominations that resided in this area screeched and flew toward Mack. 

"Gah!" Mack, turned and tripped on a rock. Usually, he could handle them, but with out his Aonic weaponry, he was almost screwed. That stuff didn't work inside of the CR. Thankfully he still had his shard blade and Iceblade from Queen Elsa, and he also had Mac's blade, but he didn't know anything about that one, so he wasn't going to touch it.

Rolling across the ground, he dodged the abomination's first sweep. He stood up and summoned the iceblade. He shot ice out of the end of it, right into the wing of the abomination. With a screech, it fell to the ground, collapsing due to the weight of the block of ice on its wing. Mack, walked over to finish it off. Standing over it though, he didn't notice its clawed leg creeping out behind him. Right before Mack swung the blade, the leg swiped out, cutting him across the leg, and throwing him backward.

The abomination turned to breaking the ice off, while Mack tried to stand up and get out. Unfortunately, Mack couldn't walk. As he crawled behind a tree, the abomination finally broke the ice off and started running toward Mack with its broken wing dragging behind it. Right before the thing reached him, a stream of Balefire shot from over the ridge, wiping it out of existence, and Mack's wound as well.

Mack turned to see what Aes sedai had saved him, but he was greeted with a Man in a Cream Suit. The Man grinned at Mack from behind his sunglasses, and took of his panama hat and bowed like an actor after the show. Mack wasn't interested in his theatrics though. He was interested in what he could see coming out of the mans head when he bowed. Metal spikes.

Mack's eyes widened , A hemalurgist? Hes going to come for me, hes from the DA , they've found me, I gotta, I gotta run. Mack Turned around and sprinted the opposite way, dismissing the iceblade as he went. The Man just sighed and began following Mack.

"C'mon, I save this guys life and this is how he treats me? Ungrateful scum, He was saved by a great hemalurgist! Heck, he was saved by me! I've saved like 6 people in my life. Only two of which I wasn't contractually obliged to," He muttered.

Meanwhile, Mack was growing tried, he couldn't keep up this pace much longer, but he had to get away from that man. There was no way he was heading back to the DA. Ever. He decided to stop for a quick breather at the next tree. When he reached it, he fell over backward in fear.

"How, How did you get here?" He stuttered at the Man in the Cream suit, who simply raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a cognitive shadow and a hemalurgist, the question you should be asking, is why are you surprised I'm here?" With out answering, Mack stood up and ran away. Groaning, the Man said, "What are you so afraid of?" 

Mack yelled over his shoulder, "I'm not going back there! Not to the DA!"

Internally, the Man groaned. What happened to our amazing PR department? Its like they were fired and used for spikes. Someone needs to get them back in shape.

He starts walking after Mack. "C'mon! I'm retired! Why would I spike you?"

Wait crap. was the one who killed them and used their souls for spikes. They need to hire a new department.

"Ugh, your fast. I don't want to chase after you." The man stopped, and drew on the saidin to weave a gateway, right in front of Mack. Mack, stumbled through the gateway, and fell back to where the Man in the Cream suit was. 

"Ungrateful scum, I save your life and you thank me like this? Pitiful," The Man used the One Power to trap Mack and keep him there. "Listen, all I wanted to do was talk. Retirement gets boring occasionally. But you had to run away."

"Hey, I've already been captured by the DA once. Mac took over my mind! There is no way that I'm letting that happen again," The Mans eyebrows rose. 

"Mac you say. I thought he had died yelling something about long live the DA? How could he take over your mind?"

"They tricked me into withdrawing all of his memories from a coppermind. He took over then. Not really sure how it happened," Mack struggled against the bonds of air, trying to summon his sword.

"Huh, so it actually worked, I didn't expect that. I mean, I knew it was a last ditch, but dang. So Mac stuck around for quite a bit longer then expected huh? Also, stop trying to summon your sword, I temporarily cut your bond with it." 

"Yeah, everyone was tired of him though. He's gone now. Good riddance."

"You so sure about that?" The Man grinned. Macks eyes widened.

"Yes I'm sure about it! There's no way," Mack trailed off, looking at the Man in the Cream Suit. "No... Mac is dead! I stored him in a coppermind! You guys do sound similar, but there is no way."

The Man in the Cream Suit rolled his eye's. Thinking for a moment, he began to change his clothes. They turned from Cream, to a Deep black. His face grew a mustache, and his glasses turned to a monocle. Finally, his panama hat turned into a black Bowler hat. Mac grinned.

"No," Mack paled in fear.

"Im back, but retired"

"But, But, how?"

"Simple really, I was invested with the power of over 9000 adonalsium's before I died. I just anchored my CS to this realm, and have been retired ever sense. Its been good, but I can't let anyone know that I exist, cuz technically the DA owns my soul. I will renegotiate that when I return though. It was a close call when I snagged these spike, but its been good."

"No, no no no no no. HOW?! You were dead! We killed you!" Mac broke down sobbing. The memories from his time at the DA coming back, flooding back. 

Mac looked concerned. Wonder what happened, ooh. His mind wasn't equipped to handle infinity. The void happened to him.

"Here, take this," Mac reached inside of his suit and pulled out a spike. Using the one power, he made Mack spread Eagle, and shoved the spike in him. "F-Gold will help you." Mac handed Mack a gold coin. His map of the alleys. It should have enough stored in it to help him.

Through the Haze of insanity, Mack felt the spike, and felt the coin. He started drawing in health, healing the mental wounds and scars he had. 

"Thank you." He muttered to his once captor.

"You are welcome. I can help you so that doesn't happen again."

"Please. Anything so that doesn't happen again."

"It for sure won't happen again. I'm going to expand your mind, so nothing will be able to drive you insane. You will need to become a member of the DA though for it to work."

This is a work in progress. Unless someone else posts, I will keep adding onto the end of this.

Edited by MacThorstenson