16 Year Peace

Nohadon

If Silas had a theme song it would be Funky Cold Medina, Stayin' AliveI Hate Myself For Loving YouSeptember, or basically any Bee Gees song.

Silas had been crying for a while now. He decided to go outside. Then run away. He knew that his new guardian would find him again, but he simply couldn't bear it, to think about that spike in his heart. And he was also afraid of what might happen if Tena found out that he had that spike.

Don't let Silas run away. He's a Steelrunner too.

12 minutes ago, JacobClaessen said:

Silas had been crying for a while now. He decided to go outside. Then run away. He knew that his new guardian would find him again, but he simply couldn't bear it, to think about that spike in his heart. And he was also afraid of what might happen if Tena found out that he had that spike.

Deathwatch Captain Augusta carefully climbed the wooden stairs, wincing with every creak.

The walkways of this canyon-complex had been built to support a Shardbearer, just in case the city was invaded again. But Augusta doubted it was meant to support 4 at the same time- space marines, no less, who were taller and more dense than normal humans.

Basically, one wrong move would send Augusta and her kill-team hurtling towards the canyon floor.

Augusta took another careful step. The wood didn’t break, thank the Emperor. She was finally on the entrance platform for the house, after a whole frakking hour of climbing these steps. Now, she got to do the fun part of her job.

Augusta knocked on the door.

@AxeliustheGreat

Ioc was thinking. It didn't allow it's thought to become known to the public ( which is why they are not recorded here) but let's just say Ioc was thinking hard. There was a terrible debate going on between Amygdala and Prefrontal Cortex, so the Subconscious just ignored it.

"Ya know," Ioc said the patch of air beside it, "I could go for a Mechanical Hound. Those things are lit,"

The patch of air, being a patch of air, didn't respond.

Ioc sighed. "I was hoping you'd be an invisible person or something. But it seems you're just a patch of air,'

=======

Nei'an vibrated with rage from where he sat next to Ioc in the Cognitive Realm. "I AM HERE, YOU MORON! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE CALLED A PATCH OF AIR?"

It is official. Silas' theme song would be Stayin' Alive.

Look! The fire chicken phoenix from SDW!

Spoiler

E58B91DB-16E1-4A27-8267-72154CF43D85.jpeg

Silas heard a noise, a creaking of wood. He looked along the side of the AlleyCanyon's wall, and saw four Space Marines in Shardplate walking down the steps. Super-tapping steel, Silas ran in through the back door before Tena could even get up to answer the door.

"Space Marines! Specifically, Deathwatch Captain Augusta and a kill-squad. Run!" Silas warned.

Yo. It's supposed to be 16 Year PEACE, not Murderfest 9,000.

@Grey Knight

Edited by JacobClaessen

This part is pre-Space Invasion, okay? 

Tena saw Silas crying. That was disturbing. 

"What's wrong, Silas?" she asked him gently. He didn't answer, which made her more nervous. His body just wracked with more sobs, and she gathered him into a hug, softly pressing his face into her shoulder, waiting for him to quiet down. As she did, she noticed something odd. 

He had a spike in him. 

She burned steel (she always had metal in her), and traced a blue line to him, one that wasn't his metalmind. She waited until his crying dampened (her shirt), then held him slightly away, and said, "Is the reason you are crying because you are spiked, and you think that I'll be angry?" He burst out back into tears, but she continued, "I'm not bothered by Hemalurgy that way others in this city, that aren't the Dark Alley, are. Bud was a Dark Alley Hemalurgical construct that is called a Seekrador. I planted a different spike in him, one that TUBA helped me create, that counteracts that first spike and drives it null, so he cannot receive orders from the Dark Alley. I myself have spiked Fangblade personally twice now, one for intelligence, and one for Feruchemical physical Investitures. I don't know why he can talk." 

Tena pushed Silas away and looked at him in the eyes. "Just because you have a spike doesn't mean that I don't love you. It never will." Silas's tears stopped slowly, and he hugged her again. 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

"What do those sons of grizzly bears want now?" Tena said exasperatedly to her son. She then walked to the door of her balcony, and looked down at the stairways that were shaking from far below. The idiot space marines were knocking on someone's door. There were no stairways to her house; you had to have either the Surge of Gravitation or Steelpushing to get to her house. Fangblade or Tena would have to help them up if they wanted to get to the house. Tena calmly dropped a coin and vaulted over the rail on the side of her balcony, weakly Pushing on the coin to slow her descent. Iffina formed into a Shardstaff as Tena willed her to, Tena landing on the walkway next to the marines, inquiring calmly, "What are y'all in the neighborhood for on this fine day?" 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Augusta did a double-take between Tena and the door. 

"I'm going to murder that informant," she growled. Taking a deep breath, she said, "Tena, could you spare a moment? I need to ask you some questions about a Homeless you killed sixteen years ago. A woman by the name of Naermen."

@AxeliustheGreat

Edited by Grey Knight

"That's great! Thank you..." she trailed off, watching Tena fly into the air. "...lovely."

Augusta turned around, looking hopefully at Irae, the team's Inceptor. She nodded once, activating her jump pack and soaring to the top of the crater. Augusta turned back towards the long set of stairs that led up to the top.

"Lovely," she repeated.

Just continue towards the spot. Irae will follow, and the others will catch up eventually.

Edited by Grey Knight

About 4 years after the war.

Elkanah was out in the city. The reconstruction efforts were coming along very well. Strangely, after the war, many young people had moved in. There was one in particular that had caught his attention. The one called Rilu. If the rumors were true, he was from Threnody. It would explain his jumpy, reclusive nature. Elkanah had been caring for Rilu for a while, feeding him and making sure he was alright. It was probably time. Elkanah had his gift from the Guardians at the Gate, but he had no use for it. Rilu, hopefully, would make the right choice. 

Rilu was sitting in an alley, near the rebuilt TUBA building. The strange, red and white person, a Singer, is what he had been told, seemed to be trying to take care of him. Rilu appreciated the gesture, but was fine on his own. Speak of the Voidus... He thought, as the singer came to him again. “I have something you may find useful” the singer said, as he held out his hand. Ten strange... things hovered there. One like a vine, another like an inky stature, a third like a tear into space, and... huh... that comet one somehow felt familiar, like Rilu had seen it before. That was impossible, he hadn’t ever... suddenly, he saw that place with the distant sun. He wasn’t there, but he saw it. The strange things looked much different here. The comet... it was that bronze figure he had followed, four years ago. As normal sight came back, he reached his hand for the comet being. “do you know the Words, Rilu?” the singer asked. 

As he touched the comet/bronze person, Words did come to his mind. “Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination.” 

These Words are accepted a voice said in his mind. I am Oberon. I was the one who lead you away from the Evil. You are special, Ferrilus, you are one of the new generation of those who will lead the alleycity.  

will write more later

2 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

Kinda? Like a god thats also a semi devil? I wanted an alleyverse equivilent of speak of the devil. I mean, i guess I could do an eldritch horror.

Mostly just pretend indignation, I'm actually kind of proud.

During year fourteen

Damaya walked back towards the city, a slight smile on her face. That few weeks that she had spent away from the city had been like a warm sumer day, blowing away the darkness in her mind. Her step was slow, but firm. She knew she had to return, but she could stretch that a bit and the thought, that he had no reason to hurt her anymore felt like honey calming a sore throat.

With a smile she sat down next to the road and searched through her pack for something to eat. Coru settled down next to her, quietly. And although she still didn't want these powers it felt good not to be alone. She took her time, watched some butterflies, and finally lay back, looking at the sky. It was a beautiful day, warm but not to hot, a slight wind blowing over the fields of gras. Birds were flying far above, dancing with a wind she could only feel but would never see. Damaya felt light, almost like a bird herself, soaring off to unknown places, leaving her past behind. If she closed her eyes she could imagine the wind moving the grass, was instead blowing over water, moving a boat carrying her away. She heard the cries of seagulls arguing over fish, something she hadn't heard in over fourteen years. Something that had been part of her daily life, like the smell of the sea, like the sound of water against the wooden hull of a boat. They had even travelled a part of their journey to the Alleycity in a boat, the first part. She had been so excited by then, so happy that her parents decided to take her on her first long journey. Damaya felt tears well up in her eyes and she sat up, put her face on her knees. Taking a deep breath to calm herself she tasted her salty tears, like seawater when she was swimming with the waves. Sorrow welt up in her, cut off her throat, choking her. She started crying fully, her body shaking with her sobs. She never had the time to grieve, to let them go. She wished, she wished that she could see her mother again, that her mother could take her in her arms and hold her tight. She wished to let go for a moment, to be safe with someone she loved from the bottom of her heart, someone who would look after her no matter what. The scent of lilies made her open her eyes, lift her head and through her tears she could see her, she heard her kneel down next to her, pull her over into her warm embrace. Damaya let go, followed the movement and after a while her sobs subsided. Her mothers hair was like a soft blanket on her cheek and she looked up, looking at her like her seven year old self that had lost her so long ago.
"What should I do?"
she asked, her voice raw from crying.
"Be strong, my little one."
She felt a soft kiss on her head.
"I love you."
Damaya felt her go away, saw her vanishing like a silver glow in the golden light of sun.
"I love you, too."
she answered, staring longingly at the space where her mother had been.
"Illusions can be a powerfull lie."
she heard Coru's voice next to her and she turned. Her sorrow turned into fury in the blink of an eye, deep dark black starting to glow a scorching hot red.
"How can you dare?"
her voice was strange, seething with anger.
She grabbed her bag and threw it at him, but he evaded and so she followed him, ran after him, trying to hit him, trying to hurt him with everything she had. She ran, until she couldn't move forward anymore, until she stumbled and fell down, her knees hitting the ground with a wet sound, pain shooting up her thigs. She had started crying again, her hands balled into fists, hitting the earth in front of her again and again and again.
"How can you say that?"
she whispered, to exhausted to even spead loudly.
"How can you say that."
she repeated, feeling empty after all the sorrow, all the anger. Like everything had left her, like she was only a shell left behind on the beach. Coru didn't answer and she didn't need him to. Somewhere hidden deep inside herself she knew, that the spheres in her pocket would be dull, that her mother was dead and the dead didn't come back to hug their daughters. She had lost her, unchangeable lost her during the war fourteen years ago.

And I really wanted to write one scene in which she was happy. But then the daydreaming reminded me so much of an illusion I simply had to use that... Oh well. At least she's happy baking hot cakes with Pallas ;)

Edited by Sorana

Can I retcon one of my past decisions... again? Silas is naturally an A-cadmium F-duralumin doubleborn. Still got spike with F-steel, though.

Silas, now that his mother was gone, decided to take a leisurely stroll while storing speed. It was going to take a long time, especially since he couldn't leave the house.

40 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

It's an urban fantasy series about a druid who survived into modern days. He has a dog named Oberon that he has a mental connection with, and the dog can speak to him. The dog also has a rather... weird personality.

Edited by kenod

Ioc started to run through a list of places where it could obtain a Mechanical Hound.

'Maybe... earth?' said Hippocampus. 'I mean, they're the ones who made them,'

'I know, but if I teleport that far, then go through dimensions until I find a Mechanical Hound, it may come across as overpowered,' said Subconscious.

'Darn. Maybe with fabrials?' said Hippocampus.

'Perhaps,' said Association.

"Darn," Ioc said aloud. "This might be hard,"