UVU Cosmere Club

Hey, so I'm coming in as a freshman to UVU, and I want to know if anyone else here is also a UVU student, so we can start a little Sanderfan club of our own! I saw there's one for BYU, but none for this terrific university! So I say let's start it! Who's with me on this?

Update: By no means do I intend to be the head or founder of this group or anything. I mean, I'm a freshman. I'm currently just trying to instigate this.

Because my access to the Shard is limited (almost nonexistent these days), I won't be able to respond to feedback or further discussion, even if I'll be able to read them via gmail. Like I said, I'm trying to be an instigator here. So I ask my fellow UVU students on here to come together and work to make this a reality! (Frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't been done already.)

Edited by Firerust

Well, then... how 'bout an "Orem area Cosmere Club"? Anyone else on here going to UVU or lives close by? I say let's make this a thing! Maybe we should meet up or something at some point. I just want to make this a reality. I want to know people on the Shard both online and in person (so far, I only personally know Wyndlerunner and Box Turtle).

What I mean is that the one at BYU is more for Utah County in general. One of the regulars started coming when he was a high school student in American Fork. We had a Sharder visit the area from England and he came to a meeting. I don't even think there's any particular reason for it to always meet at BYU, outside of it having been the most convenient location for some members (since they haven't had a car). We could meet elsewhere in Provo/Orem. Since it looks like your goal is less about having an official UVU Cosmere Club and more just meeting Sharders/Sanderfans in real life, there's already a group formed where you can do exactly that and you're completely welcome. :)

@Sunbird @Taliax @Slowswift Would you guys be okay if we met somewhere other than BYU? Tag anyone else I may have forgotten (I know there are a few).

8 hours ago, little wilson said:

What I mean is that the one at BYU is more for Utah County in general. One of the regulars started coming when he was a high school student in American Fork. We had a Sharder visit the area from England and he came to a meeting. I don't even think there's any particular reason for it to always meet at BYU, outside of it having been the most convenient location for some members (since they haven't had a car). We could meet elsewhere in Provo/Orem. Since it looks like your goal is less about having an official UVU Cosmere Club and more just meeting Sharders/Sanderfans in real life, there's already a group formed where you can do exactly that and you're completely welcome. :)

@Sunbird @Taliax @Slowswift Would you guys be okay if we met somewhere other than BYU? Tag anyone else I may have forgotten (I know there are a few).

I'd be down with that. I have a special fondness for BYU, but most anywhere (reputable) is fine. :) 

I attend UVU, But this semester I'm pretty busy, so I might be able to pop in if there is a time when people are meeting, but probably wouldn't be able to stay long. 

I am working full time in South Jordan and live up in that area too, then I come down for classes from 4-7 each day, at which time, I usually try to head home as quick as possible. But let me know when you are planning a meeting, and I could pop in, if there ever is one at UVU. 

Times that could work for me to make an appearance are 3-4 PM mon-thurs

I finish classes at 6:45, so I could also stop by on my way out for a few minutes also mon-thurs. 

This semester, BYU will most likely be too far out of my way to meet, but in future semesters, that might not be such a problem. Don't try to plan for me alone. 

On 8/22/2018 at 2:05 PM, little wilson said:

I'm fine meeting elsewhere. @RippleGylf @CarolaDavar What about y'all? Would you be all right meeting somewhere other than BYU campus?

On 8/28/2018 at 2:30 PM, RippleGylf said:

@Sunbird I'm actually not at BYU right now. Planning on heading on a mission this fall, so probably won't be back at Cosmere Club for a while.

Ah, ok. I tagged you because I remembered you had come to meetings in the past. Best of luck with your mission!!

• 3 weeks later...