Ask Axelius Anything* (AKA Sanderson vs. Tolkien Duel)

Sherlock Holmes

31 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

I'm going to have to go with vanilla, all the cheap chocolate ice cream I buy tastes awful.

Though I disagree about Tolkien vs. Brandon, 100% agree on this.  Vanilla tastes great!

What's your favorite tabletop game?

What is a creative question that you don't want to be asked?

: P

On 8/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, AxeliustheGreat said:

TLR was beaten by a Mistborn with the help of Fuzz. A wizard could destroy him. 

A Balrog could simply wave his whip through the chasmfiend's neck. It's the fire of death itself. 

Meeting adjourned. 

Gandalf does make fireworks. 

Fuzz is, by your terminology, worth a Valar in terms of power. 

Fire of death or not, it is like poking a needle into a rock. It doesn't work.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:06 AM, AxeliustheGreat said:

*laughs maniacally* 

Odium, eh? You know what what Odium does? He creates spren that can control people's emotions. You know what Melkor can do? Literally anything he feels like. He can overpower the LotR Adonalsium. Something special about this world is that the Valar aren't little bits of Ea; they're copies of parts of his power. The Shards are bits of Adonalsium, not copies. This leaves LotR with a great advantage. Also, Melkor has planning and betrayal experience as well as armies that greatly surpass the numbers of Odium's. 

Kaladin was a normal dude with a Shardblade when he beat the chasmfiend. Balrogs could walk up and chop a chasmfiend's head off, then mount it on their cave wall as a hunting trophy. The whips of fire are more powerful than a wild animal's scales. 

Allow me to remind you that we are talking about only named characters. That would leave you with a few Elantrians, some Allomancers/Feruchemists/Hemalurgists, a couple of Awakeners, and about twenty Voidbinders/Surgebinders. 

Let me note that Sauron is a Maiar, and he created many Rings of Power. But, Celebrimbor created three non-corrupt Rings by himself, with magical essence in them. If a mere elf has that much power, think about how much a wizard would have. 

I can see that arguing further is pointless, as your beliefs are obviously set in stone and you won't even consider some of the very true things I write, so I adjourn this debate. 

Any questions? 

Kaladin was a lucky guy with a Shardblade who was fortunate enough to beat a Chasmfiend. Balrogs MIGHT be able to beat a Chasmfiend with a lucky strike.

Named characters. For starters, that is all of Bridge Four, Nale's Skybreakers, all of the Heralds, 100ish Shardbearers, 2 or 3 Lightweavers, and the same number for the rest of the orders. There is also a bunch of Fused, 9 Unmade, a massive parshman army, all of the High Aedin armies, all of the Forgotten (Aether of Night), all of the other Forgotten (Rithmatist) All of the Rithmatists, Epics, Knights of Crystallia, Smedries, Oculators, thousands of koloss, dozens of Inquisitors, some Mistborn, some Twinborn (such as Miles, who is literally immortal) all of the Synod, all of the Returned, Nightblood, the other Awakeners, the Lifeless, the Aimians, Kalad's Phantoms, the Chasmfiends, the Dakhor Monastery, all of Elantris, some ChayShan warriors, the armies of Wyrn, all of the Shades, the Kerztian armies, the whole Diem, and some hundred nightmaws.

And that's just for starters. There is also Ironeyes, Kelsier, and Rashek. And the God King. And Hoid. And the Stormfather and the Nightwatcher. And all of the Yolish Dragons. And the Shards.

*does a headcount* 

Twenty?

Um, no.

*realizes this could be taken as rude* 

You said 20ish Surgebinders or Voidbinders. It's actually 100 at least. 

• 1 month later...

Primarily, reading the Hobbit when I was six. After that, I watched all the Middle-earth movies, and then read all of the Lord of the Rings. I also read MOST of the Silmarillion. I admit my current obsession with it is mostly because of a friend of mine at my school who is absolutely obsessed with it. Actually, we've completely outlawed saying 'hello' to each other. Now, we both raise our right arms like we're carrying swords and yell, "For Gondor!" We also wrote a menu for a LotR restaurant. 

1 hour ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Primarily, reading the Hobbit when I was six. After that, I watched all the Middle-earth movies, and then read all of the Lord of the Rings. I also read MOST of the Silmarillion. I admit my current obsession with it is mostly because of a friend of mine at my school who is absolutely obsessed with it. Actually, we've completely outlawed saying 'hello' to each other. Now, we both raise our right arms like we're carrying swords and yell, "For Gondor!" We also wrote a menu for a LotR restaurant. 

Reading the Silmarillion isn't worth the pain. 

55 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

That's very true. It's just not worth it. I look on the Wiki whenever I need something. 

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's soul crushing. About halfway through the book I wasn't even fully reading anymore. I started getting happy when characters died because I didn't have to remember them

Is Turin not the most weep-over-able character from the Silmarillion, or am I out of the loop.

But then again, he was involved in some strange things.

Also, a suggestion. 

For the Brandon vs. Tolkien war, you specifically look at different sections. Valar + Eru + other Ainur and whatnot vs. Shards +Adonalsium + (God Beyond?) and whatnot. Then more magical beings such as Dragons, Balrogs, OP elves, Wizards, Maiar, etc. vs Chasmfiends, sandworms, Mistborn, Knights Radiant, Elantrians, etc. Further on, you could look at more mundane armies, orcs, dwarves, not quite as OP elves, humans, etc. vs humans, koloss, and various armies (Selish armies, armies of the Final Empire, armies of the highprinces, etc).

Edited by Secrets