storming hello!

Hello everyone! 

Sorry for my bad English in advance!

I found out about Brandon Sanderson around 3 years ago (don't remember the exact date) because I was looking for epic fantasy books after reading everything of ASOIAF and stumbled into a reddit post about Stormlight Archive and how does it compare to other epics of the same genre (the post was about KKC and ASOIAF I believe). I saw a comment there stating that (for the person) the climax of WoR is the best climax EVER seen in a fantasy series. I don't remember the exact phrasing, of course, but something along the lines. I was very intrigued by it and started reading about the series (SA) and found out real soon there's a bigger universe - the Cosmere. I immediately bought The Final Empire on Kindle because I found out on reddit that it's a good starting point. I DEVOURED TFE but I REALLY REALLY wanted to read SA and I went ahead and bought that (WoK) as a birthday gift for myself (January 26th 2016). It arrived in early February and, once again I devoured the book. Then I ordered WoR (should've done it before finishing WoK, silly me) and while waiting for it I found out on Reddit that it would be cool to read Warbreaker before SA, and I did just that, because I was waiting for my order to arrive. I DO NOT REGRET READING WB BEFORE WOR ONE BIT. It's amazing. I can't imagine NOT having read it for the end of WoR. So, during the wait for OB I thought I should go deeper. I finished all of Mistborn there was at the time, got the Arcanum Unbounded and read almost everything there. After reading reviews about OB, saying that it's even better than WoR, I could'nt believe it. How can 1000000000/10 can be surpassed? Well, it was better for me too. I can't say I don't love stuff going on on Scadrial, I really dig it! But even now, seeing quotes from any of the 3 SA books makes my insides feel funny (the goosebumpy and happy feelin-gy kinda funny) and I can state that SA is my favorite fictional story ever. I didn't want to get into Elantris for a long time, hearing that there's a bunch of politics and stuff like that, but now I've ordered it a week and a half back from Book Depository and even though it says it should arrive in 4-8 days, I'm not getting it yet. I hope I get it by the end of the week and I can finish my last stories left (some in the Arcanum Unbounded, supposed to be read AFTER Elantris, don't remember the names of the Novels) in the Cosmere and I can start re-reading ant noticing the small details, so I decided finally to come here to see what you guys think about this Cosmere thingy that I love SO MUCH!

If you love the books as much as you say, you have come to the right place!! We are all just as obsessed. I would strongly recommend Elantris. It is slower but still amazing.

What non-cosmere books have you read?

Who is your favorite character?

Do you Role Play?

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Beware of cookies (They are usually containing hemalurgic spikes.) And beware of people trying to steal your breath. The 17thShard is not without its dangers. Enjoy the forum!!!

2 minutes ago, Life&Death said:

If you love the books as much as you say, you have come to the right place!! We are all just as obsessed. I would strongly recommend Elantris. It is slower but still amazing.

What non-cosmere books have you read?

Who is your favorite character?

Do you Role Play?

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Beware of cookies (They are usually containing hemalurgic spikes.) And beware of people trying to steal your breath. The 17thShard is not without its dangers. Enjoy the forum!!!

I will read it and I'm completely sure I will love it!

Are we talking other Brandon non-Cosmere books or are you asking in general?

It is very difficult to say. Out of entire Cosmere - Sazed/Wayne takes the first place. Talking SA, since it's my favorite series so far - honestly all of the main characters in here are my favourite, but after reading OB I'd have to say Dalinar.

I do not Role Play, as I am a poor student in 2018. I'm happy when I manage to get money for the books I want to read.

Didn't quite understand the last question.

I honestly hope no one will have to live with my breath, because OH BOY it stinks

3 minutes ago, kaladinbutwithanaxe said:

Are we talking other Brandon non-Cosmere books or are you asking in general?

Both

3 minutes ago, kaladinbutwithanaxe said:

I do not Role Play, as I am a poor student in 2018. I'm happy when I manage to get money for the books I want to read.

There is a role playing section in this forum if you are interested.

4 minutes ago, kaladinbutwithanaxe said:

Didn't quite understand the last question.

Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?

1 minute ago, Life&Death said:

Both

There is a role playing section in this forum if you are interested.

Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?

I should really make a list of books I've read sometime soon, because I won't be able to say them all off the top of my head

I usually don't want to ruin the images of characters in my head, but I will check it out.

Oh, that's what you mean! First thought in my head was that there's some kind of chocolate version (dark mode) for the 17th shard forum, since I was expecting questions about books and stuff like that. Chocolate all the way! 

4 minutes ago, kaladinbutwithanaxe said:

I usually don't want to ruin the images of characters in my head, but I will check it out.

We create our own, so no need to worry about favorite characters being changed.

5 minutes ago, kaladinbutwithanaxe said:

Chocolate all the way! 

Yay!!

By the way, your English is flawless.

7 minutes ago, Life&Death said:

We create our own, so no need to worry about favorite characters being changed.

Yay!!

By the way, your English is flawless.

so you like chocolate too?!

Well, my sentence structure isn't the best and I don't really know how to make my point in English sometimes. But thank you!

2 hours ago, kaladinbutwithanaxe said:

Well, my sentence structure isn't the best and I don't really know how to make my point in English sometimes. But thank you!

Don't worry. Your english is really good. And you aren't the only non-native speaker around. It will be fine.