Hello! ^_^

chortlespren

I’m a long time fan of Sanderson. I was working my way through the Wheel of Time series and suddenly the next book was by Brandon Sanderson! I felt he breathed fresh air into the WoT series, so I looked him up and quickly made my way through his then-available bibliography and have been with him ever since.

I tend to lurk a lot, but I’ll chime in if I’ve got something to add. 

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you ^_^.

Edited by chortlespren

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Welcome to the Shard! We’d (like in the community way, not in the hivemind ONE OF US way) also like to know you!

What two books do you wish Brandon would write next?

Thanks for the welcome!

I’m a huge fan of the Rithmatist, so I really want to see the next book soon! Aside from that, I’m very interested in the mythos of any fantasy world. I’d love to see the beginning of a magic system, like the real first pioneers of something totally new. “Sixth of Dusk” was such a tease in this area. I’d love to see more of that world. 

41 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Welcome to the Shard, Chortlespren, and have an upvote!
Find the dragonet. 

Thank you ^_^

4 hours ago, Thurin said:

A Fawful profile picture: YOU HAVE FURY! ;)

Haha, yes! I have chortles!

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Welcome to the shard!

Who is your favourite character of Brandon's Books?

Thanks Sorana! 

I’d have to say that Raoden really sticks out for me. He’s the kind of leader I aspire to be!

6 hours ago, chortlespren said:

I’d have to say that Raoden really sticks out for me. He’s the kind of leader I aspire to be!

That's an interessting choice. Not many name Raoden. I personally like Shai a lot. She doesn't give up, especially when the world is against her.
Which was your first book of Brandon you'vre read?

32 minutes ago, Sorana said:

That's an interessting choice. Not many name Raoden. I personally like Shai a lot. She doesn't give up, especially when the world is against her.
Which was your first book of Brandon you'vre read?

Ah Shai's a great choice! That book was way too short.

Well, technically my first Sanderson book was Wheel of Time's "The Gathering Storm", since that's where I first ran into him. I really enjoyed that book, so I looked up Sanderson's Wiki and saw that Elantris was his first novel, so I picked that one up and read it right away. It was definitely a bonus for me to see that he was endorsed by Orson Scott Card!

What is your favourite Sanderson book or series?

Just now, chortlespren said:

What is your favourite Sanderson book or series?

Now that's a hard question. My first book was Elantris, so it has a special meaning for me. My favourite one is The Emperor's Soul, if it counts as a book.

If I had to choose from one his longer works it's something close between Warbreaker/ Oathbringer. I can't really decide. I like them all.

I have to admit that I stopped WoT somewhere around the sixth book. It didn't realy work for me.

16 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Now that's a hard question. My first book was Elantris, so it has a special meaning for me. My favourite one is The Emperor's Soul, if it counts as a book.

If I had to choose from one his longer works it's something close between Warbreaker/ Oathbringer. I can't really decide. I like them all.

I have to admit that I stopped WoT somewhere around the sixth book. It didn't realy work for me.

Haha, I hear ya. Lots of great books to choose from.

Yeah, Wheel of Time isn't for everyone. It was definitely a slog through some parts, but every so often I'd get this glimmer of some amazing worldbuilding, or some insane plot point, and I'd have to keep reading to learn more. Just before Sanderson's first entry in the series, I was pretty worn out. The style of writing changed with Sanderson, and it supplied the change of pace and cohesiveness needed to get me through the rest of the series.

5 minutes ago, chortlespren said:

Yeah, Wheel of Time isn't for everyone. It was definitely a slog through some parts, but every so often I'd get this glimmer of some amazing worldbuilding, or some insane plot point, and I'd have to keep reading to learn more. Just before Sanderson's first entry in the series, I was pretty worn out. The style of writing changed with Sanderson, and it supplied the change of pace and cohesiveness needed to get me through the rest of the series.

I can see what you mean. But tha would mean that I'd have to read alle the books up to this point to understand what's going on. And I have a lot of books lying next to bed that really interest me, so I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

What other authors do you like, next to Brandon?

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

I can see what you mean. But tha would mean that I'd have to read alle the books up to this point to understand what's going on. And I have a lot of books lying next to bed that really interest me, so I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

What other authors do you like, next to Brandon?

Oh man, I like a lot! My top few would have to be Anne McCaffrey, Kevin J. Anderson, Timothy Zahn, Karen Traviss, and John Grisham. Yours?

7 hours ago, Ahriman said:

Solid name, solid avatar, joining on the same day and pretty much the same origin story as me. Either you're cool or you're a secret clone of me which would also be cool.

We are definitely cool. 

I meant “I”! *I* am cool!

Definitely not a clone!

1 hour ago, chortlespren said:

We are definitely cool. 

I meant “I”! *I* am cool!

Definitely not a clone!

So you say, but you also list Timothy Zahn, whose books I have read approximately all of, as a favourite. 

Nah, any clone of mine would be a better liar.