¿How does one forum?

Johhny_Eastland

Hello! I've been browsing the Coppermind for the last couple of months and I'm nearly caught up on the Cosmere. My roommate got me into the Cosmere but I already passed him xD. I have just White Sand 2 left. This is a super weird format to me, I'm use to website's like Imgur and reddit. But I'm excited to talk with everyone about the cosmere! Mostly to theorize on new shards, Ive spent a lot of time thinking about it lol.

33 minutes ago, Zellyia said:

Welcome!  We love a good theory (and usually even a crazy one)! We also have a Discord that has quite a bit of discussion.

What's your favorite series from the cosmere so far?

I've got one major theory I'm working on but I need to do more research first :). Favorite series... hmmmmmm. That's tough but I would say Mistborn Era 1, but that's probably because it was what I read first plus Allomancy is my favorite ❤. I was kicking around the idea of joining the discord but wasn't really sure. (Also I'm pretty sure this is how your supposed to reply to replies?)

If you've read everything but WS2 you can safely use the forums :) spoilers will abound but very little for White Sand. 

Two ways to do it, one is to just regularly look at the entire site feed which includes all book topics as well as role playing and non-Brandon discussion, the other is to click on the forums link and browse each book forum, or cosmere discussion for Cosmere-wide spoilers, and engage when you want. 

Never be afraid to post a theory, question or idea, people are very friendly here, and don't be embarrassed if you get corrected, we're all about the search for fictional truth here :)

The other big key if you haven't used it is wob.coppermind.net, our glorious database of Words of Brandon (Arcanum). If you have any questions or theories you can always post but you can also search Arcanum for times Brandon may have given the answer. 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

1 hour ago, Extesian said:

Two ways to do it, one is to just regularly look at the entire site feed which includes all book topics as well as role playing and non-Brandon discussion, the other is to click on the forums link and browse each book forum, or cosmere discussion for Cosmere-wide spoilers, and engage when you want. 

Never be afraid to post a theory, question or idea, people are very friendly here, and don't be embarrassed if you get corrected, we're all about the search for fictional truth here :)

The other big key if you haven't used it is wob.coppermind.net, our glorious database of Words of Brandon (Arcanum). If you have any questions or theories you can always post but you can also search Arcanum for times Brandon may have given the answer. 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

I dunno if I'm ready for roleplaying yet lol. But that's a lot of great info on where to go,  thanks :)! I've read some WoBs but have been kicking around the idea of just going through all of them to get a fuller picture since I'm so new to the fandom. But I dunno I'd that would be recommended.

45 minutes ago, goody153 said:

Welcome !

I think Ingenuity was the new shard but not confirmed

Thanks!! I heard about that one on the shardcast. While I have more complex thoughts on the subject ;), I agree with the idea behind the "intent" if the shard but not the name specifically. Modestly because I think that function is missing from Adonalsium. But I'm still working on my thesis and evidence for why lol.

42 minutes ago, Johhny_Eastland said:

I dunno if I'm ready for roleplaying yet lol. But that's a lot of great info on where to go,  thanks :)! I've read some WoBs but have been kicking around the idea of just going through all of them to get a fuller picture since I'm so new to the fandom. But I dunno I'd that would be recommended.

I can shamelessly say I put together a pretty comprehensive list of the best WoBs from the last 14 months, so doesn't capture older ones but you may find it more useful than browsing through events or searching. It was exactly the purpose for me making it. Enjoy :)

28 minutes ago, Extesian said:

I can shamelessly say I put together a pretty comprehensive list of the best WoBs from the last 14 months, so doesn't capture older ones but you may find it more useful than browsing through events or searching. It was exactly the purpose for me making it. Enjoy :)

Omg this is amazing! That's so  awesome, I bet that took forever to make. This will help do much with my research. I just finished so many of these books and I already feel like I need to re-read them and it's only been like 7 months xD. There's too much to absorb

8 minutes ago, Johhny_Eastland said:

Omg this is amazing! That's so  awesome, I bet that took forever to make. This will help do much with my research. I just finished so many of these books and I already feel like I need to re-read them and it's only been like 7 months xD. There's too much to absorb

I'm glad to hear it :) I put stuff like that together when reviewing WoBs but try to post it in case others can benefit. I'm delighted you can. I put together another in the past specifically on Roshar but WAY more detailed if you want to check it out. (Ignore the terrible theory which was totally wrong :D but the WoB archive is useful)

Happy researching mate :)

38 minutes ago, Extesian said:

I'm glad to hear it :) I put stuff like that together when reviewing WoBs but try to post it in case others can benefit. I'm delighted you can. I put together another in the past specifically on Roshar but WAY more detailed if you want to check it out. (Ignore the terrible theory which was totally wrong :D but the WoB archive is useful)

Happy researching mate :)

Wow this is so much too go through its great! I'll probably  dive into a lot of it during work xD.