2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

These vanishings usually last a few seconds, yeah? Or do they vary in duration? 

I am now picturing Regalia about to flood the city, lowering her hand, and saying, in a voice filled with awe, that she has realized this would be a lot of work and she would rather giggle at pictures of llamas instead. :P

And now I'm thinking about what would happen if Obliteration tried to destroy the city.

Spend a week glowing, storing energy and then just when he's about to explode, suddenly realizes that he'd rather take up wedding planning and forget this whole destruction of the world thing.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

There's a universe in the reckoners multiverse where the corruption makes people's personality like funtimes. Huh. 

This could either be hilarious (Steelheart demanding all his citizens wear party hats and greet each other with “May the party be with you” “And also with you”) or horrific (imagine Fortuity, still disembowling people every Saturday night....as a high-spirited party.)

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

This is the first time this has happened.  Blank did this by accident, because Kokichi made a really scary face.

So it’s still going on or what? 

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

And now I'm thinking about what would happen if Obliteration tried to destroy the city.

Spend a week glowing, storing energy and then just when he's about to explode, suddenly realizes that he'd rather take up wedding planning and forget this whole destruction of the world thing.

“Houston is actually a pretty crappy city. I’m going to go someplace that doesn’t suck, and grill burgers on my chest there. Imagine what an asset that will be for my clients!”

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Funtimes probably wouldn't be affected by it at all, simply because that idea is hillarious. 

She’s easily distracted enough that it would just be business as usual. :P

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So it’s still going on or what? 

Areas of the city fixed quicker than others, but everything was fixed within 5 minutes or so.

The only places that were spared were places that were cut off from outside light completely.  If there was even a tiny bit, not only would that light go out, all other lights in the room would go out.  An Epic with enhanced perception might still be able to see, but that is only because not all light was cut off, only the vast majority.  Seeing a complete void would be really hard for people, as the human mind is unable to imagine a completely Blank slate.  Or at least I think so.  The part about being unimaginable makes it really hard to guess what it would do to people.  I went off of a saying I read in a book somewhere, quoted from somewhere else;

"If you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss gazes into you."

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Areas of the city fixed quicker than others, but everything was fixed within 5 minutes or so.

The only places that were spared were places that were cut off from outside light completely.  If there was even a tiny bit, not only would that light go out, all other lights in the room would go out.  An Epic with enhanced perception might still be able to see, but that is only because not all light was cut off, only the vast majority.  Seeing a complete void would be really hard for people, as the human mind is unable to imagine a completely Blank slate.  Or at least I think so.  The part about being unimaginable makes it really hard to guess what it would do to people.  I went off of a saying I read in a book somewhere, quoted from somewhere else;

I prefer

"If you gaze into the Void, the Voidus gazes back and suggests a few thousand Epic profiles you might want for cannon fodder."

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

21 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I prefer

"If you gaze into the Void, the Voidus gazes back and suggests a few thousand Epic profiles you might want for cannon fodder."

I don't know why this seems so relevant.

They'll probably arrive after the disruption, then. I'm sure people will still be talking about it, though. 

12 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Speaking of that, what's the plan there? I assumed we were going to have Taya, Kokichi, and Liam team up to kill Karabiner and have her take the tech after his death, but I'm not sure if that's still the plan. 

That was how I understood it, too. The way I see that working - and Hema's on board with most of this but I probably left out some details before - is this:

Spoiler

Liam and Kokichi - and Taya, though I don't know how they would meet up - will hear about the Epic conference and figure out that Karabiner will probably be there. That being their only solid lead, they determine to go there so as to at least catch his trail or learn how he moves around so quickly (the Scottie is not common knowledge, as he generally ducks around a corner before summoning it). Kokichi, however, jumps the gun and attacks Karabiner on the spot, possibly because of something he does or says. In fact, it could even be Conn tipping them off by creating a hallucinatory flashback of his crimes for only them to see (don't ask how he would know to target them specifically. He has access to quite a bit of information, which he gets through his namesake. And yes, he does want to see Karabiner fall, for unknown reasons).

During Kokichi's scuffle with Karabiner, Karabiner tries to use the Scottie to escape, but Kokichi - least - is too close, and is taken with him to the Picket, where they - Kokichi, not both of them (that pronoun family is annoying) - will wreak havoc on basically everything. Those not beamed to the Picket will track whoever is to find it, then join that part of the fight. Karabiner will call in reinforcements, but someone will either Haywire or Kokichify the Scottie, and some of Karabiner's minions will be sent to an area just outside of Newcago, where Polarity and Grenadier are creating a strong enough magnetic pull to attract the Scottie. They are subsequently beamed to the Picket (more explanation for that later), and ensure the destruction of the entire Picket.

Karabiner and his enemies - now including two third-party metal Epics - escape with their lives and some of the tech, including Karabiner's Iron-Man-type suit and Haywire, Taya's Nighthound Motivator, and whatever toys Kokichi and Liam grab (these don't need to be on the current Link list. As long as the question thread passes them I can fabricate or ignore their origins).

After that, Karabiner will go and fail his attempt to make a Link of Bloodlight's powers. However, instead of adding the Stalemate to his suit, he will accidentally turn Amanda into a human Stalemate. She and Bloodlight will then proceed to kill him repeatedly, as justice for his crimes. However, she will not stop when he does, and so Bloodlight will consider  that its own crime, and will attempt to bring justice to her, too. This ends up being a long and drawn out fight, lasting into the Dreamstorm before Bloodlight... Doesn't exactly face his weakness, but has an epiphany about justice and mercy. And so they end up being Team Bloodlight.

I don't care what happens to Karabiner after that. He can get killed however you like.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Really, I like the mental image of the entire town going poof, except for the one patch with the rocksitter. Eric patts his rock in graditude, as Obliteration teleports in, baffeled how he's still alive. He starts monologuing and bible quoting, but Eric remains stone cold at Obliteration's attempts to burn him. Ultimately, Obliteration just throws his hands in the air and tries to kill Steelheart instead, that one has to be easier. :P

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

How long after Oregon’s destruction does this RP start? 

It's a few weeks after Steelheart ends, so two years I think. We don't have a specific date, though i've been imagining it taking place sometime during October for a while now. 

5 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

It's a few weeks after Steelheart ends, so two years I think. We don't have a specific date, though i've been imagining it taking place sometime during October for a while now. 

So a couple years after the Oregon RP started. How long ago was Oregon destroyed? A few days, a couple weeks, a few months? 

51 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So a couple years after the Oregon RP started. How long ago was Oregon destroyed? A few days, a couple weeks, a few months? 

I wrote this down on my notes

September 2023: What happened in Portland

2025: Steelheart is killed 

2025: What happened in Edmonton begins 

Actually, it can't be October, i was confused-- it's gotta be anytime before September 12 or I'll have to edit my entire timeline. 

12 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I wrote this down on my notes

September 2023: What happened in Portland

2025: Steelheart is killed 

2025: What happened in Edmonton begins 

Actually, it can't be October, i was confused-- it's gotta be anytime before September 12 or I'll have to edit my entire timeline. 

Cool. I'll edit my in-progress post accordingly and leave the timeline kinda wibbly to avoid getting any specific dates wrong. :P 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well, they’ll be in another state, so it probably won’t complicate the Edmonton timeline too much. I hope. :P 

I'm referring to my personal timeline. since you brought it up, I was reminded that I needed to clarify some things about Red's background. Cuz currently I have literally no idea how old she is, which is sort of a problem.

22 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Can I write him into Edmonton?

Sorry, missed this one.
I'm tempted to suggest that we make him an NPC so people can use him if they need a random, unkillable bystander. :P

10 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Sorry, missed this one.
I'm tempted to suggest that we make him an NPC so people can use him if they need a random, unkillable bystander. :P

All of a sudden, the trope of the bystander who has an eyewitness account of everything the murderous villain does and is miraculously never killed himself can be justified. :P

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

All of a sudden, the trope of the bystander who has an eyewitness account of everything the murderous villain does and is miraculously never killed himself can be justified. :P

The Reckoners RPG: Providing supernatural justification for writing tropes since 2014

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

This is also something that happens whenever Kokichi loses it a little and goes on a murderous rampage.