3 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Update for Phytomagnet: I'm going to have the scouts he left behind reporting in, they found a trail but missed the van heading into the refinery. Phyto will call Epoch, giving a final report (did Epoch respond to his last one?) and ask for any further directions other than securing the food production.

Also!!!!!: How do cell signals work through the time zones?

If they're the mobiles from the Knighthawk Foundry I'd chalk it up as the same reason they work through miles of solid steel. Pretty sure there's no actual EM radiation being used to carry the message.

26 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Um, hello, Reckoners people. I've been thinking of joining your ranks. How many actual RP threads are there, and what order are they in so I can read all of them?

It'll probably make me go insane, but I pretty much am already.

Yeah the 'What Happened in Edmonton' thread is the only active RP, but if you want to read the other RPs then they were all pretty much concurrent. But the only ones with much crossover were Portland and the Dalles so you could probably read them in whatever order you wanted.

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

If they're the mobiles from the Knighthawk Foundry I'd chalk it up as the same reason they work through miles of solid steel. Pretty sure there's no actual EM radiation being used to carry the message.

But how would people hear it? I could get the audio being slower or faster to sound normal, but would there be time delays?

Just now, Weirdpersonx said:

But how would people hear it? I could get the audio being slower or faster to sound normal, but would there be time delays?

Oh you mean if someone was inside one? Or just the signal was going through an area of it?

If you were inside I'd say that it records your voice accurately so you'd seem to be speaking faster or slower depending on which zone you're in. But if it's just that in between you and the receiver of the call there is a timezone I don't think it would affect the message.

6 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Oh you mean if someone was inside one? Or just the signal was going through an area of it?

If you were inside I'd say that it records your voice accurately so you'd seem to be speaking faster or slower depending on which zone you're in. But if it's just that in between you and the receiver of the call there is a timezone I don't think it would affect the message.

If someone inside a fast zone was taking to someone outside of it, they would have a delay between the outside person talking? Like interstellar communication without FTL coms, but with the delay only one way.

1 minute ago, Weirdpersonx said:

If someone inside a fast zone was taking to someone outside of it, they would have a delay between the outside person talking? Like interstellar communication without FTL coms, but with the delay only one way.

I don't think there'd be a delay, they'd just seem to be talking super fast, and to them the other person would sound super slow. Just like if someone was close enough to hear them but not inside the fast zone.

27 minutes ago, Voidus said:

On Enhanced characters:
Enhanced Neverthere I actually have trouble thinking about, she's pretty much as strong as an astral projector can be, she just has no other powers to make much use of it.
Enhanced Impact = The Metal from Astoria.
Enhanced Scribbler = god pretty much, she's a straight up reality definer, if her restrictions of needing to write things down were removed then she could pretty much just do whatever she wants.
Enhanced MV = I'm really not sure on this one, maybe expand her powerset into being able to freely manipulate momentum instead of just transfer it from one thing to another.
Enhanced Iva = Anti-Calamity. Could instantly cancel any Epics abilities permanently. Unfortunately he's also straight up immune to powers as a passive so this could never happen :P

For Neverthere, she could remove any distance limits. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

For Neverthere, she could remove any distance limits. 

Yeah, well she has them but they're not really a practical limitation. She's got a pretty insane range already so other than just being able to spy on people in other countries if she wants to there's really not much of a benefit. But yeah that's probably what would happen, just not particularly interesting or devastating.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

With triple enhance probably true astral projection, as in her projection is physical.

She would probably not enjoy that at all :P
One of her favorite ruses is to pretend that she's an Intangible Epic instead of a projector.

Enhanced Phytomagnet: His enhanced plants are basically indestructible. He can stick plants without contact--only sight. He can pull plants from below him in a way that allows him to fly. Plants he has pulled towards him retain momentum longer than they should.

Enhanced Ironwood: No limit on his gifted armor. He can subtly manipulate the armor around someone to control their movements, albiet only gross motor control.

Actually, full Circuit!Kokichi would probably be even more powerful than Discord. Like, if we’re talking full on three way exponential growth, they would probably ascend to become a full on god. Like. Seriously. They’d be OP. 

Red would be able to track anyone anywhere and her blood control would be able to affect other people’s. 

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Maybe what the Circuit can do is a major perma-boost, but not crazy.  Then we could have it actually happen, because it's conceivable that the Newcago Reckoners haven't gotten word of it by the time that they lose Tia.

Personally I'd prefer we didn't start mixing Meta-Epics or things are going to escalate pretty quickly, I'm pretty sure every Epic in the country would be trying to seize control of them.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Personally I'd prefer we didn't start mixing Meta-Epics or things are going to escalate pretty quickly, I'm pretty sure every Epic in the country would be trying to seize control of them.

My understanding of what had been discussed was we'd have people trying to get them together to form the Circuit, but the other half of the city would be trying to stop them. I think that would work really well, and give us a nice end-goal plot to work towards.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

But then we could have the S9!

We would have the S9999

But yeah also kind of my concern, that would be a very notable thing in the world, kind of hard for it to not be mentioned at all in the books.

3 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Yeah, we should probably keep the Circuit from actually forming at any cost. Actually, if we were still in Oregon, that might’ve been a pretty good way to end it all. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 

Edit: In what chapter is the S9 introduced in? How many are there? I’m on 5.

Edited by winter devotion