Call to Adventure: Stormlight

I say, I imagined the chasms much more lush. The picture shows some vegetation, but it's mostly barren.

It's actually fairly realistic there. I was imagining it more akin to the natural gorge depicted at this link, but then I realized it actually has the same amount of vegetation. It's just that green on grey is much more visible than red on red.

17 hours ago, Undead Wookiee said:

Looks like an interesting game, still 9 days remaining on the kickstarter for those looking to get the base game / Name of the Wind expansion. And it will be next year when the SA expansion is released.

What game are you referring to? Link?

Anyway, this is cool and exciting news! And this is in addition to The Way of Kings Boardgame that is supposed to be hitting kickstarter sometime soon. Plus, a year or so ago, Brandon dropped a hint at a signing that a Mistborn card game was in the works. So much Sanderson gamey goodness! :D

7 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

What game are you referring to? Link?

Anyway, this is cool and exciting news! And this is in addition to The Way of Kings Boardgame that is supposed to be hitting kickstarter sometime soon. Plus, a year or so ago, Brandon dropped a hint at a signing that a Mistborn card game was in the works. So much Sanderson gamey goodness! :D

Here is the link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brotherwise/call-to-adventure-featuring-name-of-the-wind - In the project updates they talk about this coming as an expansion next year.

I'm not particularly pleased that I have to buy a $40 game, just so I can later buy a Stormlight expansion if/when it comes out. But I'll take a closer look at the rules; tableau building games travel well and set up quick, which I haven't found House War to do. (Although that's more due to bad box insert design than anything else.) I'll probably get in on the Kickstarter before it ends. (Which, me being me, means I'll go in at the $100 level. Once I commit, I really commit.)

When I research the game, I'll be taking a closer look at the runes, too. Some custom ability runes that match up to Radiant glyphs would be pretty neat...

FYI for anyone interested, they just sent me a PM in response to some questions I asked about the Stormlight expansion. 

Stormlight will likely be shuffle in, not stand alone. 
No KS campaign for it.

So if you’re interested in the Kickstarter exclusive cards for the base game then you’ll probably want to hop on this campaign before it ends. 

16 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

FYI for anyone interested, they just sent me a PM in response to some questions I asked about the Stormlight expansion. 

So if you’re interested in the Kickstarter exclusive cards for the base game then you’ll probably want to hop on this campaign before it ends. 

I'm definitly interested in the answers, as I supported the game after this news came out. It sounds interesting and I like this kind of game. And with a stormlight expansion to come along it was an easy decision.

8 hours ago, PrinceDusty said:

Co-op mode announced, and we'll definitely reach the stretch goal. I wonder if there's any way we could do that online...

Step 1) Webcam

Step 2) Google Hangouts

Step 3) ???

Step 4) Profit

Edit - final Stretch Goal already reached

Edited by Undead Wookiee

• Chaos locked this topic