The rules say that a limited number of actions will go through in a given night. So it seems like if everyone in the village sends in a non-kill action, the chances of a second kill going through are slim. If we assume that there are 4 elims, then they would get 3 generic action orders after the kill. If X actions go through in a given night, and there are V village actions sent in and E elim actions, then the odds of at least one elim action succeeding are: 1 - (V!/(V - X)!)/((V + E)!/((V + E) - X)!). So if X=1, then there is a 1/6 chance of a second kill going through. At X=4 it's just over 50% odds. If X goes past 8 then the second kill is basically guaranteed. But if X is large then the village could send in a lot of protection actions or something. So we might want to stay away from the kill initially, and then start using it once we both have more information, and there are higher odds of it going through for the elims.

Squid/Steel.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

The rules say that a limited number of actions will go through in a given night. So it seems like if everyone in the village sends in a non-kill action, the chances of a second kill going through are slim. If we assume that there are 4 elims, then they would get 3 generic action orders after the kill. If X actions go through in a given night, and there are V village actions sent in and E elim actions, then the odds of at least one elim action succeeding are: 1 - (V!/(V - X)!)/((V + E)!/((V + E) - X)!). So if X=1, then there is a 1/6 chance of a second kill going through. At X=4 it's just over 50% odds. If X goes past 8 then the second kill is basically guaranteed. But if X is large then the village could send in a lot of protection actions or something. So we might want to stay away from the kill initially, and then start using it once we both have more information, and there are higher odds of it going through for the elims.

Squid/Steel.

From how I read the rules, several orders can go through in one night, with a restricted number on each one (1 kill, 2 roleblock, 3 protect). So it would be good for at least a few villagers to send in each kind of order, with the hope that it will help village and block elims from gaining the advantage.

Back with a full set of rules clarifications. They have been paraphrased, condensed, and spread out as necessary, to obscure the identity of the original questioner. 

For the purposes of Pewter, Bronze and Tin Ferrings, does “acting” at Night include posting in-thread? What about Steel? How broad is its prohibition on posting?

No, it does not. No metalmind restricts your ability to post in-thread, other than Copper, which simply disallows quoting/linking previous posts. Steel Ferrings, while filling, may talk as much as they please in-thread; they simply may not use docs or PMs. 

Does an Iron Ferring require a vote on them to negate, in order to fill their metalmind?

No, it does not. Similarly, a Steel Ferring may fill even when they are not in any PMs or docs.

Are there secret roles, rules, alignments, or abilities?

PAFO. :) 

Does Olaf have an in-game effect? What about Marne or Leidene? 

These are, as stated earlier, older characters of mine and Devotary’s, and have no in-game effect other than being fun to use in writeups. 

Can a Copper Ferring quote from PMs while filling, or use them? 

Nobody should be quoting anything from a PM, GM or otherwise. Copper Ferrings may still use PMs while filling, and paraphrase them the same way they can paraphrase a post in-thread. 

Does my role restrict what I can RP as?

Definitely not. Feel free to RP however you wish, with whatever abilities you wish your character to have. You are not constrained by your official role when RPing, and might not want to reveal that to the thread anyway. :P 

Do Steel Ferring PMs continue after the Ferring’s death? 

Yes, they do.

What’s the policy for fill conditions—will you forgive initial slip-ups? How hard-line of a stance will be taken against those who violate them? 

I’m going to be enforcing a fairly hard line, as the point is to impose a restriction that somewhat reveals you and/or limits you, while at the same time giving later access to powerful effects, and an allowed slip somewhat ruins both of the effects. That said, I will try to remind people when they fill, and answer any questions aired about their role, so they fully understand what is expected of them when they fill. Issues have mostly been prevented by the clause that asks you to fill metalminds before you post something that could block your filling, and then once people fill they understand and apply the restriction. If you have further questions about your metalmind fill (or tap) conditions, do not hesitate to ask. 

The fill conditions for Zinc, Tin, and Copper negate and/or randomly redirect a Feruchemist’s vote. Do they still have to vote for their metalmind to fill and gain the Feruchemical charge? 

Yes. In order for the metalmind fill conditions to be satisfied, the Ferrings in question must vote so their votes can be modified accordingly. 

@Elandera

Each night, a player may take one of these generic actions, unless the fill condition for their metalmind specifies otherwise, or they’re a Spiked putting in a group kill. However, only a certain number of orders will go through per round, chosen randomly. To prevent abuse, the Elims can only send 3 people in per action. Choose wisely!

Emphasis mine.

I'd guess that one or two of the Synod are elims, which would allow them to potentially gain control of the one-shot kill. I think it's dangerous to think of it as a village doc. I think the Synod is more like a place where an elim could anonymously spread discord. Kinda like a PM that is even better for any elims inside.

5 hours ago, Alvron said:

Talk, talk, talk.  That's all that was happening and it was driving Izzy insane.  Talking was not going to unearth the Spiked.  Only action!  And so action needed to be taken.  Izzy stalked over to the Kandra that was plain for all to see.

"You there. HanTor is it?  You claim to be a Kandra and that means you work for the supposed Lord Ruler!  Why shouldn't we just kill you now?"

HanTor looked up as someone mentioned his name. "Simple. I'm here on a contract. If the Lord Ruler were to find out, he could take me to him, and I'd be forced to answer all of his questions. As long as he doesn't know I'm here, he can't question me. Which is why I need to locate the spiked, not only for my contract, but for my own sake as well. Because the Lord Ruler would not take kindly to me accepting a contract from Terrisman."

Hey! Checking in, mainly. I find WFY's questions to be very NAI. Even if I didn't, there's no reason that would make her elim. Probably just confusion on the general game, or maybe a misunderstanding of zinc ferring. Eother way, no reason to think it's pointing towards elim.

Edited by Kidpen
Fixing gender

Era squinted up toward the red sun, and made a rude gesture toward it. Yes, she knew the way the sun used to be was often too bright, but the colors under the red sun were all wrong. The world was wrong.

The people around her blabbed on about Spiked nonsense. Her dislike of pretty much anything came in handy this time, as she didn't like or trust really anyone.

Era mostly distrusted those who hadn't even arrived. Like Ereheman Tresni. Who's to say they weren't off getting Spiked as these people rambled?

@xinoehp512

Coop ( @Coop772), you jumped on a 'slip' that could have meant any number of non-elim things rather quickly and put WfY in the lead doing so. Can you explain to me why you thought her comment was suspicious? Its odd, and really quite telling, but I really don't see how it would be indicative of her being an elim.

Edited by randuir
syntax

Yeah. I pointed out that the fact that WfY felt she had to vote may have been indicative of a fill condition or something, but I'm not quite sure how Coop has gotten to the conclusion that that makes her a suspicious target for any reason. Thinking that you need to vote on someone (especially on your first SE playthrough) doesn't seem like something that's ever been linked to the elims. I'd like to hear Coop's reasoning, though, before I commit a vote. Hopefully Rand's should be enough incentive.

42 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Elandera Did you see Fifth's clarification? My interpretation of the rules was incorrect, and it seems we very much should encourage villagers to use the generic kill action.

Yes, thanks! I'm thinking I need more sleep because I'm struggling this game with following details :P

Anyways, Xino since they've posted.