Death of Mac

MacThorstenson

Nothing works, there is no solution. My CS has passed into the beyond, and as of now, there is no known method to return it to existence. I guess that this is the end. I don't know why I'm writing this down. I've never kept journals, or anything similar. And my last words are already recorded somewhere, because they were said by my original body during the trial. I am writing this as a husk, a collection of experiences speaking through the mouth of Mack. So maybe this gets shown? I don't know. Never really planned on dying, so I didn't plan a funeral, or write a will or anything. Which I should probably do.

Mac stood up from his desk and grabbed another piece of paper, his will was going to be simple, but it still needed to be written down. The memory decay was happening quicker now, and he didn't have much time. He didn't want to drain another metalmind, because that would be delaying the inevitable. He rung the bell to have a few acolytes come in to witness it. 

To whom it may concern,

I Mac*, do affirm* that I* am of sound mind* and that this is my will*.

Any chrysts that I own, or any chrysts in guild accounts that I run, should be put into one account and available to anyone who has the password.

Any property that I own should be given to the DA as well.

My 4 awakened blades are to be distributed as followed, one to @Grey Knight. Another to Mack, a third to @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian, and a fourth to @Kidpen.

Because technically Mack swore the oath to Queen Elsa Steelheart, He will retain possession of the Iceblade and the shardblade granted to him as a privilege of membership.

Also, as noted in my contract of employment with the DA, the DA has any rights to any cognitive entity that I may leave behind, pieces of my spirit web, any hemalurgic constructs or blueprints I have made, any hemalurgic spikes I have, full catering rights at my funeral, if there is one, and any baked goods I have in my possession. Note that this does not include my body. Not sure what happened with that, but the DA has no rights to my corpse. So if someone manages to find it, yay for them. That's about it, I don't think I have much else. Anything that I didn't mention I want to have launched into the sun. The DA Rocket science department can handle that.

He waited for the acolytes to come in to witness it. When they arrived, he wrote the last three lines.

Signed,

Mac*

*DA Disclaimer applies.

After he folded up his will, Mac stood and looked out the window into the endless abyss of the alleys. It was beautiful, but sadly he couldn't stay. This is it Mack, thank you for being mny host for a while, but now I'm done.
By the way the password to the bank account is v01dusr0x
Finally! You've taken like the last three months of my life. Get out of my storming head and stay dead already!

Screw you Mack, screw you. I'm dying here and all you think about is your self? Utterly selfish. With that, he walked over to a coppermind and stored Mac into it. Never to be drawn again.

"Frickin hated that guy, Glad he's out."

Mack walked over to the wall and grabbed his blade, then proceeded out the door. With the number of spikes that Mac stuck in him, he should still be recognized as a member of the DA. Just long enough to get out at least. As he made it to the nearest alley to the Craftsmen base, he pulled over a acolyte and told him what had happened, then sprinted out of the alleys before they got mad at him trespassing.

Sorry for the lame death scene guys, I was going to have a sidequest similar to ready player one, where mac left a trail of clues to find his fortune, but i didn't have enough time to make it as difficult as I hoped, so you get this scene.

The sign read:

Mac's Funeral. Free cookies after the ceremony.

It hung over the door of a modest looking stone church. The location had chosen because the fourth wall was weak there. The head usher was beginning to regret that decision, because every few minutes on of his assistants would start to babble about breadmunks. It was frustrating. 

But it wasn't a problem. The building was filling up nicely. People sat patiently waiting, facing the front. A few of them had ventured up to look at the closed casket, but none dared touch it. It was made of solid iron, inscribed with Mac's name. It seemed to ooze darkness, but that was probably just a trick of the light. 

He munched a cookie as he waited for the ceremony to begin. 

Tena was solemn for once. Apparently, Mac had died. She hadn't known him, but she did know that he'd been beloved as a member of the DA. Rest in peace, she thought, standing outside the Alleycity, looking to where his funeral was being held. She went there, and noted the DA serving cookies. Like that was a surprise. 

14 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Sorry for the lame death scene guys, I was going to have a sidequest similar to ready player one, where mac left a trail of clues to find his fortune, but i didn't have enough time to make it as difficult as I hoped, so you get this scene.

Hey! I'm already doing that!

Devaan stood in front of the casket. Mac was dead. He was really dead.

He remembered the times of the Department of Counter intelligence, the light alley and of days before.

"So long Mac. They may take our lives, but they will never take our cookies" He said solemnly, turning and walking out the door. He couldn't stay for the funeral.

He didn't want to.

A man in a DA robe enters, carrying a clear glass bowl with red punch in it and sets it on a table near the back of the room. As he moves the bowl, there is a soft clinking sound from spikes in the punch* creating a haunting and almost melodious sound.

*DA Disclaimer applies

Edited by ElephantEarwax