[OB] Jasnah's future

I mean...she had enough stress in her life before she decided to take the most wearisome occupation in Alethkar.

(But really, I saw softness in Oathbringer when she saves Renarin, shows Dalinar respect and honesty to Shallan. I imagine queenship will harden her. How will being Radiant affect her position politically? And isn't the whole of Roshar pissing their pants the second she enters the room? I mean, I don't see the Alethi taking it well that a heretic will rule them.)

Hey can you change your topic to be more generic and put OB in the title? Hopefully a mod will be along soon to move it into the OB spoilers forum. Spoilers are still in effect for another couple of weeks.

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] How do you imagine Jasnah's reign as queen going down?

I think she has the possibilty to really change something, because she is very determinated and tries to question given standards.
But I also see the possibilty that she looses herself to detail, or thinks too far, so that her reign ends, before her desicions were able to fullfill their effect.

Edited by Sorana

Yes, i'm very interested to see how the Jasnah and the Vorin church will deal with each other, and what kind of spiritual upheaval that might inspire. i agree with Calderis, Vorinism is screwed. i think that organised religion in Roshar needs a complete overhaul, now that the Knights Radiant are back, some of the Heralds have been found, and new information about the spiritual realm is being revealed. 

Jasnah recognizes the rules of authoritative power (aka fake power). A large part of Jasnah's mode of operations is maintaining a certain image in people eyes to elicit respect. So I think she'll know when to push and when not to. Also keep in mind while people would most likely throw a fit if Jasnah was queen during peace time, during an emergency on the scale of a Desolation people are going to hold hard and fast to Jasnah's strength/effectiveness. 

Yeah Vorinism as it currently exists is pretty much hosed anyway, due to all the revelations that are happening. t'll probably take a while for people to figure it out but it's gonna happen.

I think Jasnah will be a good queen, she's intelligent, decisive , and understands how power works and how to make it work for her.

Even though Alethkar has to be in large measure reconquered, they still have a heretic as queen and Dalinar is a lesser god and high king I think. People will rally around Jasnah because enough of them will see that having a civil war in the middle of invasion, occupation and a desolation is a tad bit unwise. They may not like it but they'll do it

• Chaos locked this topic