New to forum

MrsMolly

Hi.  I was telling a co-worker that I hadn't read any fantasy in a long time because I was starting to feel like everything was the same and nothing surprised me.  He recommended Brandon Sanderson.  I checked "Way of Kings" out of the public library and next think I know I'm using "storming" as a cuss word and seeing spren everywhere.  I decided to look for fan forums because I really want to talk about the books with someone.  My husband isn't into fiction (he's all about "true crime") and I switched jobs and no longer get to eat lunch with my Sanderson-loving co-worker.  I've read the Stormlight Archive Books, Elantris, The Original Mistborn Trilogy and Alloy of Law.  I've also read The Rithmatist and the Legion stories.  What should I look for next?

Welcome to the forums!

The rest of Misborn era 2 is definitely a good place to start. If you enjoyed the Rithmatist and Legion then I'd definitely recommend the Reckoners trilogy. The Emperor's soul is a really nice Novella, definitely recommend that if you enjoyed the world of Elantris.

Can I interest you in a welcome-to-the-forum cookie?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 0:30 AM, I think I am here. said:

Maybe try some of the novellas, and the rest of Mistborn Era 2. Warbreaker and the Reckoners Trilogy are also pretty good books to read.

Also, welcome! Who's your favourite character?

Just finished Mistborn Era 2 and my favorite character is Wayne.  

Welcome to the forum!

If you've just finished MB Era 2, then I would recommend you to read Warbreaker or The Emperor's Soul. Although the last one is rather short, it is a great piece of art.
And afterwards just read everything else he wrote. It's all fantastic.

Which of Brandon's books you've read so far did you like best?