I think therefore I am a stick

Spaceferring

Hey guys, I've been ghost browsing the 17th Shard for some time now and I finally decided to join. I'm really excited to meet all of you Cosmere experts, and I hope we'll all have a good time. 

Personal info: 

My favorite Sanderson book so far would probs be Mistborn, because it has a really creative magic system, with Steelpushing and Ironpulling, set in a classical dystopia.

I would probably be an Edgedancer

I hate Moash (who doesn't)

My favorite character is Tien

By the way, could someone explain to me how guilds work on this forum? I read a few posts but I don't really understand...

So that's it from me! Bye!

@Spacefaring Ferring Hey, welcome to the Shard! Have a free upvote and a spiked delicious cookie!

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

I'll agree that Mistborn is definitely my favorite series. The magic system is really cool, I'll admit, but the plot, foreshadowing, and the characters of that series are just so good. Those things are what really make the series so good to me.

As for guilds, I don't really understand them much myself. From the little I understand, they're just groups of people who get together and act like a group. @Archer would probably know more than me (or would know someone who would).

Anyway, glad to have you here, and I look forward to seeing you join the community! 

22 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

So welcome. Have a cookie.

What do you think about hemalurgy?

I'll pass for now, because I don't wanna join anything until someone explains guilds better (sorry @StrikerEZ) but I have thought up some really twisted uses for Hemalurgy...

Anyway, thanks @StrikerEZ for the nice welcome! I also really like Stormlight, since I've been rereading it and the hinting I've found is amazing.

While you say it, make sure to be very passionate. It will help you get in a guild. It's called "the drab only club". You can only get it if you give someone like me a warm welcome with the aforementioned greeting, very passionately. Also, try the cookies.

Totally unbiased guild information:

1. Dark Alley: The DA is a group who started the alleyverse, an important RP on the shard. They give people free cookies.
  2. Ghostbloods: A group of assassins and spies. Named after the group in SA (stormlight archive)
  3. The Underground Bakers Association (TUBA): A group of bakers. As there name suggest, they were once an underground organization. They act friendly, and will try and persuade you to not join other groups, calling hemalurgy evil, and portraying them as villians.

THose are the main guilds, but there are many. These guilds are mostly alleyverse.

Edited by Ark1002

1 hour ago, Spacefaring Ferring said:

I'll pass for now, because I don't wanna join anything until someone explains guilds better (sorry @StrikerEZ) but I have thought up some really twisted uses for hemalurgy.

I have actually dreamed about spiking people. You can't get more twisted than Some of us.

So it appears. I once dreamed that I was either Kelsier or Vin, and I was in a large subway station...? Maybe? It's hard to remember some dreams. Also, the Lord Ruler's palace looked a lot like Lego Barad Dur. 

Edited by Storming Lighteyes

14 hours ago, Snorkel said:

Are you a good stick or a bad stick?

I am a stick.

23 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

I have actually dreamed about spiking people. You can't get more twisted than Some of us.

I once dreamed I was Marsh and I was killing Cap'n Goradel and just before he asked me if I liked spaghetti and then I woke up

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Spacefaring Ferring said:

I hate Moash (who doesn't)

I liked Moash… Until Oathbringer anyway (this is a no spoiler board I assume? : )   )

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, Spacefaring Ferring said:

I'll pass for now, because I don't wanna join anything until someone explains guilds better

Just be apprehensive, I have been told the cookies usually contain Hemalurgic spikes, and that some people will try to steal your breath.

9 hours ago, Snorkel said:

Are you not a good stick or not a bad stick?

Ha! clever. I must say, I am pretty bad at being a stick so... I am not a good stick...

14 minutes ago, Unlicensed Hemalurgist said:

@Spacefaring Ferring it really bothers me to an irrational level that you didn't go with the name "Spaceferring." You were *this* close! 

Nice to meet you, though.

I thought of a rhyme: "A ferry ferrying a fair spacefaring Ferring faring fairly well in a fairing" but it was too long a username so I just called myself Spacefaring Ferring. 

By the way, can't you change your username? 

Edited by Spacefaring Ferring