Things I asked at JordanCon:

I asked Peter about the pattern of highstorms and Weepings, and whether the pattern they followed was possibly palindromic. He replied that it seemed to be. Left some wiggle room in the answer, but there you go.

I also asked Peter about the different meter used in the epigraphs containing bits of the Listener songs, and whether that was because they were supposed to be sung to different Rhythms. He said yes.

Later, I asked Brandon what the Rhythm was for the Listener Song of Listing. He said that it's not one of the emotive Rhythms, and that the Parshendi have certain Rhythms for those chants.

Finally, Isaac taught us how to say Bridge 4 in Alethi, which is "vev gesheh." Vev = 4, Gesheh = bridge.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6777-questions-for-omaha-signing-3-13-2014/page-3

Q:  A couple of days ago, you mentioned some person called Khriss.  Has he actually appeared or been referenced in any of...

A:  She! has appeared and....

Q:  I guessed as much because one of the pictures says "Dear woman!" toward the end of the book.

A:  She has appeared in--if you ask around about Khriss, she has appeared in unpublished books.

Q:  Is Khriss the author of some of the Ars Arcanums?

A:  [Teasing]Oh I dunno.  That's very interesting

Q:  Does Khriss owe Nazh a new coat?

A:  [Long pause]I'll stay closed mouthed on Khriss.

Yeah....that kind of settles Khriss (from White Sand) as the author of the Ars Arcanum in my mind.

@RShara - this is a fantastic resource.  I am delighted to be able to find things that are not in the WoT interview database here easily.  There is relevant information from other signings such as the Steelheart tour that is also not in the WoT database such as the linked post transcribed by Shardlet that I would love to have similar accessibility for.  Does it make sense to incorporate these in your opus?

Added this to the top thread

From Emperor's Soul personalization signing

Ninch

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m104/theninch/sandersonanswerbigger_zps1501bca5.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m104/theninch/sandersonanswer_zps1e0737eb.jpg

Q:  Could a person soulcast more Atium and Lerasium if they had a bead?

A:  No.  Investiture messes things like that up.

Hmm, interesting. Like so many other things, it makes sense in retrospect - because the god metals are so full of Investiture, you can't just create them out of something else, because that something else won't have the required Investiture. I bet you can Soulcast an atium bead into an atium alloy (+ some atium left) though. Might need to be powerful to do so, however, because atium will likely resist external Investiture the same way Shardplate would resist Allomancy.

Hmm, interesting. Like so many other things, it makes sense in retrospect - because the god metals are so full of Investiture, you can't just create them out of something else, because that something else won't have the required Investiture.

I'm not so sure this is right explanation (though I may be misinterpreting you). I imagine you could Soulcast something full of Investiture just fine (though it would be difficult). I think the issue is that atium and lerasium just have different flavors of Investiture, and no matter what you do, you can't convert Stormlight -> Preservation's Investiture or Ruin's Investiture. Soulcasting something like Shardplate is probably possible in theory, assuming Shardplate's Investiture is from the same Shard as Stormlight.

Edited by Moogle

• 4 weeks later...

Vasher/Returned/Nightblood just consume Investiture.  It's apparently fairly easy to interchange what Investiture one of them is feeding off of.  However, changing the type of Investiture completely would be a lot harder.  Like, you can't easily convert Stormlight to Breath, but you can easily convert something that feeds off Breath to feed off Stormlight.

Like ummmm *bad analogy time* you can feed a cat catfood, or dogfood in a pinch, but you can't change a cat into a dog?

I always thought Vasher 'got what he needed' through highstorms which is like pure investiture?

Near the end of the book Kaladin goes to find him to ask advice and he is chilling in his hammock Which is held up by what looked like two lightning rods in the middle of a Highstorm...

That made me think he just leeches of pure investiture from the high storms instead of taking a breath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He did a general Q&A yesterday (8th Aug 2014) at Forbidden Planet in London, answering fan questions while signing books. Most of the ones I overheard while standing in line had already been addressed in previous WoB, though (e.g., when is Darksteel coming out, is there and Elantris sequel planned, what's your favourite character, etc.). Hopefully someone else who was there and asked something 'juicy' will post it soon.

He did read an excerpt from a new chapter of Stormlight Archive #3 (not sure what's the working title of it). It was a very early draft, he said he'd written it like last week.

Hoping this is the right place where to post these, you'll find more details under spoiler.

BEWARE!

Spoiler from Words of Radiance & Stormlight Archive #3.

The excerpt was from Jasnah Kholin's viewpoint, right after her 'death' on the Wind's Pleasure. She had just been 'transported' to Shadesmar by Ivory, and was trying to get her bearings of what had just happened and where she was.

Edited by Olorin