Q:  For the Dangerous Women story, are you going to write anything again in that world?

A:  That world will show up again.  Silence probably won't, but the world itself, yes.  It's called Threnody, it is one of the Cosmere worlds.  There's not a Shard there but there are interesting things happening.  There's actually been a character in other books who's from Threnody.  It will eventually be clear who that is, but they have shown up in many previous Sanderson novels.

Q:  Would that be Hoid?

A:  Hoid is not from Threnody.  Good question though.  Hoid is from Yolen.

Okay I don't remember seeing this discussed anywhere but I'm going to say this refers to Nazh.  I know someone brought up the fact that he used "shadows" as a swear on the map of the Shattered Plains towards the end of WoR.

Oh!  Thanks, added!

Incidentally, does anyone know if Allomany, Feruchemy. Hemalurgy, Surge, Shard, and their derivative words should be capitalized or not?

I always capitalize all of those. I capitalize all Investitures. Ones I am not sure about are silver and splinter. I have seen both capital and lowercase for those. Listeners should not be capitalized, I know that is a weird one, especially since Parshendi is.

Splinter is almost definitely capitalized, and I believe Sliver should be as well. 

And I agree that not capitalizing the listeners feels weird. It shouldn't - we don't capitalize humans, or orcs, or elves - but it does.

Splinter is almost definitely capitalized, and I believe Sliver should be as well. 

And I agree that not capitalizing the listeners feels weird. It shouldn't - we don't capitalize humans, or orcs, or elves - but it does.

It's always really bothered me that Parshendi is capitalized when parshmen and listeners aren't.

Why do you think Splinter and Sliver should be capitalized? They seem more like general descriptions to me. Though I guess Shard is kind of the same thing.

Parshendi is the nationality, like American, while listener is the name of the race, like human.  So I guess parshmen are considered a different race too :)

I guess Sliver and Shard could be a title, and  Splinter is capitalized because it's Just That Important!

It's always really bothered me that Parshendi is capitalized when parshmen and listeners aren't.

Why do you think Splinter and Sliver should be capitalized? They seem more like general descriptions to me. Though I guess Shard is kind of the same thing.

They are both derived from Shard, so it was obvious to me that they should be capitalized as well. Shard of Adonalsium, Splinter of Honor. 

They are both derived from Shard, so it was obvious to me that they should be capitalized as well. Shard of Adonalsium, Splinter of Honor. 

I guess I think of them as more mundane than they actually are. A Sliver does not have any real great abilities by default; he or she once he'd the majority of a Shard's power but no longer does. Splinters are pretty commonplace; at least on Sel, with the Seons. I'm not making an argument, just explaining my thoughts.  :)

But here, Seons - and Skaze - are capitalized. The Divine Breath is capitalized. Honorspren, for some reason are not, but Cryptics are (though that particular bit might be completely irrelevant). Why wouldn't the category all those fall under also be capitalized? 

Anyway. Not important. Not enough, at least.

I will just capitalize them all now. I am kind of a grammar/spelling/capitalization freak. Proceed with your lives while I agonize over such trivial little things.  :blink:

Why do you think I asked this question in the first place? :unsure:

Small request, RShara. Can you add a link to the thread where the chapter 84 epigraph was solved? You just put [solved] next to the question about the epigraph, and I think it would be useful for there to be a link directing people to the solution.