Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Most Epics would be considered pretty OP compared to other cosmere magics but that's the only issue I'd say.
I'm definitely not one to judge people liking creating Epic characters.

*Gestures towards binders full of Epic ideas for the Reckoners RP*

Name: Raoni Koris

Investiture: Second Ideal Lighweaver (strong: soulcasting)

Special skills and weapons: She has prodigious writing speed

Weakness: Not physically capable at all, socially inept

Physical characteristics: A tall woman, long black hair, green eyes and a traditional Havah

Family: The Koris family, a father, mother, and two brothers. 

Home planet: Roshar 

History/Biography: Lived a comfortable life as a budding scholar, and met her Cryptic, and used it to help her family. In a soulcasting accident involving an angerspren, she was sent flying into the Alleyverse where she is now

@Archer

YES. FINALLY. A FANSITE OF A BOOK I LIKE THAT ACTUALLY HAS A DEVELOPED PARAGRAPH RP PLACE.

P.S. this character's gonna be pretty weird.

Spoiler

Name: Anna

Investiture: Surgebinder (Progression and Transportation, with a Timespren; see below), Hemalurgy (2 Pewter Spike: Allows her to store physical strength and speed, and they also somehow interfere with her Surgebinding, making it so that she doesn't need Stormlight to operate her powers)

Weakness: Unstable Investiture - the Hemalurgy negated her need of Stormlight for Surgebinding, but it made it a little bit fickle at times. Slightly insane.

Special skills and Weapons: Carries no weapon, but can turn her Timespren, Turner, into a Shardgun. This Shardgun can take the form of any type of gun (mainly the ones seen in Mistborn Era 2), but it's really all up to the power of her imagination. The bullets still act like a Shardblade would (instant-kills person on hit, shrivels eyes, etc.)

Physical characteristics: Anna is a young female human in her early twenties. She has fair skin, strawberry blonde hair, and emerald green eyes. She typically wears a flowing, white blouse with a leather vest covering the chest, tight pants, and leather boots.

Family: Anna's mother was a Veden noble (with some Horneater blood) from Roshar, and her father was an adventurous Worldhopper from Scadrial. He met Anna's mother while on a quest to find a gemheart, and he left her with a young child in her womb (one which the mother did not know about until 3 months later).

Home: Born on Roshar, but doesn't really call any place her home.

History/Biography: Anna's mother was a Veden noble (with some Horneater blood) from Roshar, and her father was an adventurous Worldhopper from Scadrial. He met Anna's mother while on a quest to find a gemheart, and he left her with a young child in her womb (one which the mother did not know about until 3 months later). And so it was that Anna was brought into the pampered life of nobility. She was taught about politics, mathematics, writing, reading and history. However, none of these things really interested her, for she had inherited her father's bravery and curiosity. She got into all sorts of trouble, which eventually got her chased out of her town as an 18-year old. She wandered the land for many years before she ended up at the Nightwatcher's lair. She asked to be able to find her father and the land he'd come from, and that became her boon. But the bane came in a way she did not expect.

Somewhere along the way, Anna somehow swore to the oaths of a Knight Radiant. However, the interference of the Nightwatcher gave her an Investiture anomaly; instead of swearing to one of the normal pacts of the Knights, she somehow managed to gain two different Surges that normally did not combine with each other; the Surges of Progression and Transportation. She also gained a type of spren known as a Timespren, who represented the passage of time. She named him Turner, as he appeared in the Physical Realm as an ever-turning wheel of light and darkness. She found that she could use the Surge of Transportation not only to travel great distances across space, but across time as well. Ecstatic, she realized she could finally go find her father. However, she rushed a little and was too wild with her power. She did teleport to Scadrial, her father's land, but she'd accidentally traveled back in time, to the Pre-Harmony era.

There, she was abducted by Inquisitors. Once they found that she could travel through time, they thought this was some new kind of Allomancy. Thus, they tried to turn her into an Inquisitor. She managed to teleport forwards in time before they completed the process, but the two pewter spikes they'd given her had interfered not only with her mind, making her slightly insane, but also her Surgebinding - the Hemalurgy interfered with it, negating her need of Stormlight to operate her powers, but also making them a bit fickle and unreliable at certain times, if she isn't careful.

She had time-traveled to 2nd Era Scadrial, in the City of Elendel. She did end up meeting her father, but when she talked to him he got all frightened and denied that she was her daughter. This sparked her insanity, and she slew him in a fit of rage. Afterwards, she felt extremely guilty, and has, for the most part, left behind most civilizations all together, wandering through the Cosmere. Turner kept her company, telling her that it was all going to be okay. Eventually, she stumbled upon the Alleyverse. Her natural curiosity sparking up once again, she set out to go see what this place was.

9 minutes ago, Cyanic said:

@Archer

so he can see the new character application

*follows the thread, but appreciates your thinking of me*

23 minutes ago, Le Sigh said:

[Shardblade] instant-kills person on hit

Just be aware that in practice, killing people's characters tends to be harder than that. It's the nature of the RP. Go ahead and blast all the NPC's you want to though. 

And I'm sorry, but this character is OP for Era 2. The stormlight thing is fine (in practice, other people carry an endless supply of it, which has the same effect as what you've proposed). We use the Nightwatcher-helped-me-break-the-rules excuse a lot, so it's okay. I would like to see it better explained though.

And the time travel thing could cause issues. Time travel is a dangerous element to introduce to an RP (yes, I know we've used it before, but that had little impact). Especially as it's non-cannon, so it has very few restrictions. The impression I got was that Anna can use her powers relatively easily, which gives her way too much power. As cool as this character is, it pushes the limit of plausibility too much, and is significantly more powerful than other characters, so I'd like to see it reworked. 

Welcome to the Alleyverse, by the way. I look forward to RPing with you in the future.

Just now, Archer said:

*follows the thread, but appreciates your thinking of me*

*thumbs up*

Just now, Archer said:

The impression I got was that Anna can use her powers relatively easily, which gives her way too much power. As cool as this character is, it pushes the limit of plausibility too much, and is significantly more powerful than other characters, so I'd like to see it reworked.

I read her time travel as something unstable and not easily controllable because of her spikes (though ye, time travel is still problematic in RP settings)

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

The impression I got was that Anna can use her powers relatively easily, which gives her way too much power.

Actually, I did note that Anna has a bit of a... loose grasp on her powers, so they can be a bit fickle. But I get what ur saying

@Archer

I updated Damaya's character sheet. Could you please change it in the op? Somehow she ended up more broken than planed. ;)

Spoiler

Name: Damaya

Investiture:  Lightweaver of the 1st ideal

Weakness: superstitious, has nightmares, too curious for her own good, has a tendency to trust those who show her kindness, her illusions are tied to her memories so she isn’t able to really do anything with that surge (atm, may change due to character development)

Character: very loyal to her friends, goodhearted, but finds it hard to really trust/ love someone

Special skills and Weapons: good general knowledge (sewing, embroidery, writing/reading, cooking/baking, basic calculation), weapon: staff (but she tries to avoid a fight if possible)

Physical characteristics: young woman 23 years old, green eyes, long blond hair (usually open or in a low pony tail), frail and small build, with an open face

Family: her family was killed in the Seven Day War when she was 7, grew up with forster parents who abused her for several years, she considers Araha (narrator Cyanic) family - although Araha doesn’t know about this

Home: Alleycity

History/Biography: After the war Damaya grew up on the streets, stealing food whenever possible. One day she was caught by a woman and forced to live with her. It wasn’t a bad life, and Damaya learned everything she would need to find a good husband. She ignored her spren, Coru, whom she bonded while living on the street, and pretended to be a normal girl. That worked until the woman married again. Her husband saw the spren and decided to make use of Damaya’s abilities. He abused her for several years, sending her now and then to the Waystop to learn to control her powers. It left Damaya almost unable to control any illusions and a deep hatred for her spren.

6 hours ago, Life&Death said:

I'm planning on adding some info to Mr Amber's character, but I want to hear how you guys think of this. Would anyone be against him having a collection of epic technology and a few blood forged lenses, among other things?

I think that would probably be fine.

11 hours ago, Life&Death said:

I'm planning on adding some info to Mr Amber's character, but I want to hear how you guys think of this. Would anyone be against him having a collection of epic technology and a few blood forged lenses, among other things?

I'm fine with it, as long as it's in not too op...

43 minutes ago, Cyanic said:

I'm ok with that, I have a feeling it's just like the Epic tech we actually see in the trilogy, all of which are strong and versatile, but not op

Are you including the city-levelling bomb in that?

Just now, Voidus said:

Are you including the city-levelling bomb in that?

I have forgotten about that. wups

I meant the personal techs like the spyril, or that mercury thing that Abe used near the end of Calamity

Edited by Cyanic

Name: stik

Investiture: A Knight Stickquident, made by stickalurgy.

Special skills and weapons: He can transmute dead sticks into fire that can burn other dead sticks in an honorable death. Through their ashes, new sticks are born.

Weakness: FIRE, and the matchendi.

Physical characteristics: A man in his 20's, with stickalurgic sticks shoved in his body, giving him his stick bond, and warped soulcasting.

Family: Burned in a house fire. (Or killed by the matchendi, whichever you prefer.)

Home planet: Stick

History/Biography: He is the member of a split off group of the Church of the stick who were being persecuted long ago. They left and worshiped in peace in the boundless realms. Now they have decided to come back and purge the alleyverse of heretics. The Stickquisition will consume everything.

Once he officially became a member of the order of the stick, he immediately was given his soul casting powers and sword through stickalurgy where he practiced his powers to perfection. Now he has come back to kill those who build with sticks.

@Archer how does it look?

Edited by MacThorstenson