Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

@Archer, can you change Atticus's profile in these ways: 

Weaknesses: Has trouble thinking for himself, is overly cruel, and doesn't think highly of himself

Equipment: Large collection of oculators lenses, red power armor with plates of Hellbents old armor (blood red with voidlight vein patterns) fused in on the arms, hands, legs, and feet. Hellgun.

EDIT: WOOP WOOP! 444 posts!!!

Edited by I'm pretty

1 hour ago, Silva said:

I’m going to continue with Mejin @Archer, can you put her on Era 2? I’m also creating a new character - I’ll post the bio here once it’s ready.

I took the liberty of aging her sixteen years. If that's a problem (or you want anything changed), let me know.

Here’s my second character’s profile:

Name: Pry Acute (short for Prism)

Physical characteristics: Around 5’ 2”, tan, and dark-haired, Pry is fairly attractive. She wears a lot of navy blue and dark gray. Typically she’ll stick with peasant tops and baggy pants. Pry also attaches sharp shards of aluminum to her long nails.

Investiture: Brass Ferring 

Abilities: Trained dueling cane expert, but prefers to use her nails (trimmed with

Weakness: Freeze carries over fight instincts when under pressure. Depends too much on people being intimidated by her looks.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Family: Both of her parents are alive and she has eight younger siblings: Light (Female), Precious (F), Freedom (F), Unity (Male), Brethren (M), Dawn (F), Lineage (M), and Compile (F). All of them are two years apart except for Brethren and Dawn who are twins.

History: Pry was taught how to fight during her apprenticeship to an old tailor. He believed it to be as important a skill as sewing and told her he wouldn’t call her education done until she knew. Growing up with so many siblings made her want to have some time away, so when she met Mejin at age 14, she left Scadrial with her and came to the Alleyverse. She’s been there for the past four years.

Can you add her to Era 2?

Edited by Silva

On 7/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, Archer said:

Equipment: Large collection of oculators lenses, red power armor with plates of Hellbents old armor (blood red with voidlight vein patterns) fused in on the arms, hands, legs, and feet. Hellgun.

I would like to change that to:

Equipment: Large collection of oculators lenses:

Spoiler

Educators lenses, Voidstormers lenses, Shokers Lenses, transporters lenses Shamefillers lenses, warriors lenses, torturers lenses, shatterers lenses, oculators lenses, flamebringers lenses, bestowers lenses. Because he only has one eye, he has a spare of each.

, red power armor with plates of Hellbents old armor (blood red with voidlight vein patterns) fused in on the arms, hands, legs, and feet. Hellgun.

@ArcherHere's my Era 2 character. We've settled into our new house in Utah(30 minutes from byu and sandersonland woo) and I now have much better access to a computer, so I should be a lot more active than I was in Era 1.

Name: Third of the Night

Investiture: Dustbringer of the 2nd Ideal

Special skills and weapons: Two Aviar: One Pantheon Aviar that can shield cognitive markings; One Mainland Aviar that reveals the presence of nearby sentient life.
Night is proficient with his blowgun and his war axe.

Weakness: An old injury exploring the Pantheon when he was young causes him to favor his left leg. Is willing to do anything to know more about his past.

Physical characteristics: A tall, lightly tanned man with sandy brown hair, piercing light grey eyes, light freckles. Favors his left leg.

Family: Son of First of the Night(my era 1 character) who is retired. He has two older sisters, both living on First of the Sun.

Home planet: Born on Roshar, treats First of the Sun like his home.

History/Biography: Night does not know his mother, and his father is a despondent old man who lives with Night's two older sisters on First of the Sun, their home planet. He knows nothing of his past except that he was actually born on Roshar. 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:14 AM, Gancho Libre said:

lenses are so fun.

I agree. One of my goals is to collect all known lenses before Atticus dies. Which will hopefully be after Alcatraz 6, so I can have all the lenses that will ever be known!

@Archer Can you add this character for me?

mame: claus
investiture: awakener, fifth elevation
weakness:impulsive, doesn't like planning or thinking of the risks.
special skills and weapons: skilled swordsman, that's why he always carry a single handed sword.
family: he was son of two whealty merchants, both of them are dead out of poison, the gave him 500 breaths each allowing him the forth elevation.
physical characteristics: meddium hight, black hair and blue eyes, he is 25 years old.
Home:nalthis
history: he always wanted to be an adventurer, after his parents were murdered, he decided to run away and wishes to become stronger so no one else he cares about will be killed, ironically, that's why he is now almost lonly, when he heard of the allyverse he enter almost inmediatly in look for adventures.

Name: Mack

Investiture: Elantrian

Personality: An eccentric and dramatic man. Very intelligent, and has a god complex.

Special skills and weapons: He is a craftsman, and engraves Aons into weapons and armor to give them powers. An investiture scholar, inasmuch as it relates to making things.

Weakness: Can't draw aons underpressure. He is able to craft them into things, and if he isn't under pressure he can draw them, but if he is under any pressure he is not able to draw aons. (This will mainly apply in combat)

Appearance: Elantrian, wears black and gold robes most of the time, underneath that he has a aluminum plated steel Cuirass. Also has a black and gold Cape with hood that he wears. May increase the amount of armor he wears.

Physical characteristics: Elantrian, about 6 feet.

Family: Dead centuries ago.

History: Was an extremely successful cosmere aware craftsman on Sel who made his living experimenting on combining weapons and the Dor. One of his favorite inventions is an aluminum wand with a variety of Aons engraved on it that he can thumb in a fight to give him an advantage. He decided to expand his magical weaponry to the cosmere, and is researching how to use breaths, fabrials, and the metallic arts to make better weapons. He is currently in the Alleys because he heard that somehow, they have access to the Dor (In a similar way to how the Iri had it in SH).

His mind was Hijacked by Mac, and he was essentially in the DA for 3 months. During that time, even though he wasn't in charge of his body, he still watched and learned a few things about Baking, and hemalurgy, enough to start trying to incorporate that into his work. After leaving the DA, he retained his iceblade and shardblade from the Newcago court, Mac's Awakened sword, and the spikes that Mac left in Mack. He promptly removed the spikes and put them in jars of blood, while healing himself constantly. He hasn't interacted much with the rest of the Alleyverse in the 16 year gap, preferring to travel to other worlds to learn more. What time he has spent in the Alleyverse has been spent constructing a super ultra well defended base in a hidden location that may or may not be decided yet. Actually wait, it just has. His new hidden base is underwater. Beneath the E in Sel on the Alleyverse Map. Its still ultra well defended and super secret, known only to the members of the craftsmen guild. Now that the base is completed he spends most of his time building stuff in there, having nearly completely separated himself from the alleyverse, 

Seems a lot has happened while I've been away, am I correct in understanding that a pretty good chunk of time has passed? If so let's assume Akrasia is completely feral running around the wilder parts of the Alleyverse. I have taken the liberty of creating a new character if that's cool.   Ima use this one later... maybe. My new charicter is on page 4

Spoiler

Name: KuNud the outsider, formerly Knud Nilsson

History: Trained in Fjorden until he was 15 in public speaking and leadership when he was sent to the Rose empire to apprentice under the Gyorn stationed there, his party was attacked by Mi Pon nationalists, he was spared due to his young age and eventually, he convinced them to teach him forgery. Ten or so years later he was an accomplished forger running from authorities after trying to con several city officials. While on the run he met an insulting white-haired man who dragged him into the cognitive realm only to ditch him. After wandering the strange land for a year and a half he made it to the Alleyverse where he was them elected Major.

Investiture: Several essence marks, and a plethora of small stamps that change minor aspects such as tattoos, hair dyes and a few other things (see below) 

Weakness: he is more than a bit unstable, he suffers from Cyclothymia and mild drug addictions (see lower).

Character Quirks: Using minor soul stamping he can induce hypomanic and depressive episodes, as well as manipulate his cognitive functions as if on drugs.

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

@Archer here's my second character(This one ain't a Ghostblood, for the record)

Name: Arden Kadar

Investiture: Well, he’s a Rithmatist, actually; thank you very much

Physical: 5’11”, Blue-green eyes, wavy blond hair, favors a brown trenchcoat with tons of pockets for chalk of all colors and thicknesses.

Weaknesses: Extremely wary of all Investiture and Cosmere magic, will not accept help from anyone, can’t draw Lines of Forbiddance very well.

Backstory: Arden came to the Alleyverse through the discovery of a new Rithmatic Line: The Line of Teleportation. His instructor, noting that Arden was terrible at drawing Chalklings, offhandedly told him to go home and practice drawing extremely intricate patterns inside of his lines of Warding; which led to the discovery of the Line of Teleportation. The Line of Teleportation is extremely complicated to draw and takes on average five minutes to complete [see I told you it’s not OP (I’ll draw the basics up later)]. The first time, he didn’t know how to use the portal or insert the correct lines and modifiers (think Aons) and ended up in the Central Alleyverse.

Edited by PrinceDusty

1 minute ago, Sazedezas said:

Hey, so I would kinda like to join this. Is there any reason I should know about for the Epic population of zero on those lists? Still not sure what my character should be, is why I ask, because Epics can be pretty cool.

I think that we have stayed away from Epics because of partially tradition, partially the fact that the reckoners RP started back up and they use epics there. To my knowledge, there is no rule against making epics so long as they aren't op. I do know that one character has a few epic powers granted via hemalurgy.

@Voidus @Mraize @Archer @Kidpen am I right in that?

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

I think that we have stayed away from Epics because of partially tradition, partially the fact that the reckoners RP started back up and they use epics there. To my knowledge, there is no rule against making epics so long as they aren't op. I do know that one character has a few epic powers granted via hemalurgy.

@Voidus @Mraize @Archer @Kidpen am I right in that?

I couldn't have said it better myself. The one thing I'd add is that most of the participants seem to prefer cosmere magic systems because they're more refined and theorized about. But there's nothing stopping you from using stuff from any of Brandon's publicly available works.