Zombie Survival Guide: Investiture Edition

So the day has finally come--the dead walk the Earth, devouring any living thing they come across. Who knows how it happened. Maybe an Awakener went a bit overboard with his Lifeless army, or maybe the guy from "Death by Pizza" finally went nuts. However this came about, you're a single mistake away from becoming a zombie's meal.

Fortunately, you have an edge over the average survivor--you're from the Cosmere. You have access to Investiture,and the fantastic powers that come with it will hopefully allow you to survive. But what powers are best suited to surviving this apocalypse? Well, that's what this thread is here to find out.

Myself, I'm a Twinborn Coinshot/Bloodmaker. I use my Allomantic steel to fly over the heads of disappointed Zeds, occasionally dispatching one with a well-aimed coin. And if the worst come to worst and a Zed takes a bite out of me... my Feruchemical gold heals the wound, and if I tap enough of it, cleanses me of the disease.

But enough about me. How do your powers of Investiture serve you during the Zombie Apocalypse?

Me? I'm a Dustbringer with Nightblood... I use my fearsome combat abilities powered by Stormlight to heal myself and lay waste to the armies of Zed, each dusted by a single touch of Nightblood... 

Hook me up to a direct Stormlight feed and we can go all day long, or maybe add in some Feruchemical nicrosil and some compounding to generate huge reservoirs of Investiture... :)

I am Harmony. I wave a proverbial hand and transform all the zombies into naturaly reproducing, peaceful, quasi-hemalurgic creatures. So there.

Perhaps we should have some more limits on what powers we can choose from...

Yeah, divine powers and Twinawesomeness may be a bit over-the-top for this thread. :P

I have a shardplate. hammers and swords can crack it over time, but what chances human teeths and hands have? I ddon't even need a blade, I can just walk into the middle of the horde and crush their skulls with my hands, one by one. It's like being a one-man tank.

Having a tank would be my option if investiture was not a factor.

Alternatively, I can be a gold twinborn and just walk into the middle of the horde, letting the zombies feed on me until their sthomacs explode, while I am unharmed because i keep regenerating. But I doubt that could be achieved with reasonable amounts of gold.

I have a shardplate. hammers and swords can crack it over time, but what chances human teeths and hands have? I ddon't even need a blade, I can just walk into the middle of the horde and crush their skulls with my hands, one by one. It's like being a one-man tank.

Having a tank would be my option if investiture was not a factor.

Alternatively, I can be a gold twinborn and just walk into the middle of the horde, letting the zombies feed on me until their sthomacs explode, while I am unharmed because i keep regenerating. But I doubt that could be achieved with reasonable amounts of gold.

is there a difference between having a tank and having Shardplate? :)

two options:

1) I would be a windrunner. I wouldn't use it to flee or anything intellegent like that, I would just walk through the hordes, lashing zombies to the sky. I would watch the confusion on their undead faces as up  became down. Eventually, the stormlight would run out and they would fall, hopefully on fellow zombies.

2) I awaken an army of lifeless squirrels and use them to combat the zombies.

I am a stick. If anyone tries to soulcast me, too bad, because I am a stick.

Aaand we have a winner. This thread is now over, the prize has been won. Time to leave the Internet and go outside.

Ouch. That sounds like it would hurt. A lot. How would you keep from going insane?

two options:

1) I would be a windrunner. I wouldn't use it to flee or anything intellegent like that, I would just walk through the hordes, lashing zombies to the sky. I would watch the confusion on their undead faces as up  became down. Eventually, the stormlight would run out and they would fall, hopefully on fellow zombies.

I would love to see a battle between the forces of undeath and the forces of... well, undeath again, but with squirrels. :D

I'd just be a lightweaver and make myself look like a zombie all the time. You know, do as they do, when in Rome and such. Maybe lop off a head or two with my shardblade when I get a few alone but for the most part just blend in, especially if I get to have a grunt conversation with Rob Corddry.

I would love to see a battle between the forces of undeath and the forces of... well, undeath again, but with squirrels. :D

necro-squirrel armies! (see my member title and signature)

also, this is one of my favorite recent threads, Kobold King. Thank you for making this.

I knew it. I knew it! You were just waiting for this. The spuirrelpocalipse has come! Run! Hide! There is no escaping them!

Huh huh... now that I got that out of my system.

is there a difference between having a tank and having Shardplate? :)

You have to walk by yourself in a Shardplate?

For my survival strategy. Being an Edgedancer sounds rather useful and awesome and no I´m not biased, why do you ask? *nervously looks away from his user name*

As for my reasons. The surge of Abraision would give a lot of mobility, which is always a plus against zombies, and Progression would not only help to keep a larger amount of survivors alive (and at the same time guaranteeing me an important position) but also help at growing resources in small amount of time, even when one is on the move, so no food shortage. Plus, Shardblade. Furthermore, I can grow sticks! Try to trumph that.

The most flashy? No. Effective? Braize, yeah!

Edited by Edgedancer

necro-squirrel armies! (see my member title and signature)

also, this is one of my favorite recent threads, Kobold King. Thank you for making this.

My pleasure. As a lunatic, I occasionally need a channel for my madness to seep through. :)

So, perhaps stick needs to run for Forum President or something. Based on my post from the other day and Nicrosil's above, it seems like anyone who mentions him/her... it? gets instant rep. (Waits patiently in hopes that he's right and will gain more rep from this post just because he said stick)

In terms of pure survivability, Edgedancing would provide much-needed food, making it one of the best options for long-term survival, on top of being Awesome. If I could help it though, I'd be a Spinner or a Bloodmaker, one to keep alive and minimize bite risks, and the other so I can eat zombies and not get sick, therefore becoming the only human with an endless food supply. If Twinborn come into the question, I'd likely add Steel for making a killing grounds with unending ammo, zinc/brass in the event that zombies can be dissuaded from attacking me, or bendalloy, because sometimes the lucky need a second chance.

Oh? And you know treadmills? My fort would be surrounded by them.

That's was kind of the point :D

Okay, I've spent waaaaaaaay too much time on the bad puns thread.

If you could rig up a killing ground, Lightweaving would allow you to Soulcast the ground out and kill everything quickly, as well as giving you infinite food, albeit bland stuff. The illusions would be a nice bonus too, if they worked on zombies. Heck, you could use them for things other than disguise, like ruining their ability to travel anywhere near you. Just leave an illusion of a huge gorge around your fort going whenever you need it.

It's crazy kinds of powerful, I won't lie. If you could set up a decent fortress, you'd be set for life. Problem is, if you ever get backed into a wall and have to work quickly, or worse yet, don't have the time to do even that, you're dead meat in the most mobile sense of the phrase.