Stormlight and Nicrosil

Kaj

Question

I read a few discussions and didn't find anything that really answered my question. My question is if I were a Nicrosil ferring, and a squire with the ability to breath in stormlight, could I breath in stormlight and store it in a nicrosilmind?

5 answers to this question

shoeties

Since Stormlight and Breath are both investiture, would it be possible to use Nightblood with the former rather than the latter? Would it be possible to store Stormlight in metal using Feruchemy?

Brandon Sanderson

Mixing the magics is possible, but some are easier and more natural than other. Feeding Stormlight to Nightblood is easy. Storing stormlight in metal is tough.

source

Question

Could feruchemical Nicrosil be used to store other invested abilities, such as a Returned breath or the abilities of the Knights Radiant?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, that's possible

This is the answer I got from @Weltall.

It appears the tentative answer is yes! 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/5-dragoncon-2016/#e3236

Though if you look up and down on that list of WOB's you will see Brandon has been very tight lipped on exactly how Nicrosil works that way.  I cannot wait until the next Mistborn book to learn more!

well bear in mind that the nicrosil minds wehave seen so far store the ability to use investiture.  ie as a nicrosil ferring you could store the ability to use nicrosil ferruchemy.  so it seems more likely that you would be able to store the surgebinding abilities rather than the stormlight itself.  though obviously, per the above answers, there may be things we don't know about nicrosil ferruchemy that would allow it.