Diary for Mistborn RPG

Sorana

Hi everybody,

last weekend I finished a diary for my Mistborn RPG character. I always like having some accessoires for my characters, even if you don't really need it to play.

In our groups we usually have one guy writing a group diary, so that everybody knows what happend the last time. But with this special character I felt like I should also keep track of who owns me favour, or who was a good source of informtion. Because of that I decided to keep an extra diary myself, not with the overall plotline, but with more specific information relevant only for myself, so that I don't loose count of something. The first few sessions I wrote everything down on a sheet of paper, but in the end I decided that having a small book would be better.

The book is only A6, with a lined paper inside, as I wanted something small and more important light (my pen and paper roleplaying bag got somehow heavy over the years). The outside I made of black leather, as I found that a fitting colour. I associate Scadrial with dark, depressing colours, so the black seemed a better fit than the warm brown one I also had at home.

On the leather I which I painted an allomantic symbol fitting to my character. The metal has in reality a golden colour, but that was difficult to interpret, so I chose yellow as the primary colour. Only the yellow was a bit boring so I added the red, as I associate that with burning hot, molten metal. And the wohle burning part fits really well to the overall setting.

Last but not least I added the metal book corners. They protect the corners and I like the look of them. A plus is, that they are even made of the right metal and I happend to have them at home ;)

At the moment I'm working on a dice cup out of 3-4 mm thick natural leather, but it will take a few days as I have to form the leather before being able to sew something together.

I'd be happy if you could tell me you opinions, or to change ideas about other stuff you could make. If you have any questions feel free to ask ;) Depending on the question I'll answer.

Sorana

20180711_205354.jpg

20180711_205359.jpg

20180711_205343.jpg

20180711_205334.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

To sell things like these you need the right to use the symbols and so on. And that's the point were it gets difficult.

I once thought about selling medival/ Fantasy costumes on the Internet. But then I feared that it would destroy the Hobby due to the preassure. So I only sew for those I know. They buy the materials and then I get to work. Makes a good birthday present and if I need another month because I get distracted by a diary and the dicing cup (which I also finished) then nobody is angry.