Mid-Range Game 30/Anonymous Game 2: - Scadrian Black Ops

Seonid

I actually think that there is only one elim. And I’m pretty sure that it’s Vulture. Last cycle, Dingo used some sort of ability to target Vulture. But since Dingo is a vanilla Refugee, that only makes sense if the Kandra thing had eaten him, then moved on to Vulture.

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

I actually think that there is only one elim. And I’m pretty sure that it’s Vulture. Last cycle, Dingo used some sort of ability to target Vulture. But since Dingo is a vanilla Refugee, that only makes sense if the Kandra thing had eaten him, then moved on to Vulture.

Makes sense

But how do you know that

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

I actually think that there is only one elim. And I’m pretty sure that it’s Vulture. Last cycle, Dingo used some sort of ability to target Vulture. But since Dingo is a vanilla Refugee, that only makes sense if the Kandra thing had eaten him, then moved on to Vulture.

Another convenient hemalurgic spike? I really wish you could offer some proof for these claims, but all you've offered so far is a story that isn't really backed up by the actions of the people involved, knowledge mysteriously available to you because of secret rules, and the lynch of someone who was all but confirmed refugee. Ok, so not entirely dismissing the concept of secret rules, since everything about the game is secret, but this claim of yours does go against the claim you made just last cycle about the EIB scan being a one time thing.

But, if you've decided I'm going to die, then I'm going to die, and there isn't anything I can do to stop it, since you've got all the power now.

We didn’t want to put all our cards on the table, just in case we had a mislynch last cycle. Now, I suppose that it’s possible that Dingo had an ability that wasn’t revealed in the writeup. But I don’t know what that would be, especially since it didn’t seem to have any effect. Dingo was also pretty vocally against the EIB, which would make sense if he was both an elim and could detach himself from that account at the end of the cycle.

3 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

How do you know that dingo used an ability to target vulture?

Great write-up Fifth!

Amethyst Amber

As for me being the Kandra and Indigo's question. is called V because V is Roman numeral for five, and it has some significance compared to V's dad's and grandad's names.

Edited by Azure Mouse

@Azure Mouse you passed. You havn't been abducted, unless you explained that in the doc. Soo... Now I can't vote for you. I don't know who to vote for now though.

Edit: I don't really know if there's any point voting against them because they have 3 votes +1 from manipulation. The rest of us combined only have 3. But what if one of them is a kandra? Or what if the kandra takes one of them tonight and they're wrong about who the kandra is?

Edited by Indigo Weasel

New post because it's been so long. 

So really my choices are Amber and amethyst if I want my vote counting toward anything. I will vote Amber vulture  because it gives me best chance of survival for longer, and maybe until the end:D I still have no idea if the "EIB agents" are on my team, or if they're tricking us.

Anyway, if there is a next cycle, I don't think I will be extremely active. I'll be busy most of the time

MR30: Cycle 6

Liseran could not face them.

The instincts, garnered in another world, screamed at her to run. Flee from the madness that arose when distrust and fear became second nature, when former friends and shipmates turned on each other, slaughtering indiscriminately. But of course, there was nowhere to run. A few yards of ship, with six of fourteen remaining, stood between her and oblivion. Three of the six wanted her dead, and the gap between her and oblivion seemed to narrow considerably. Running, however, was not an option. Besides, she knew better. To flee? Now? When she had taken part in the same killings, committed so many murders? Of course not. Liseran shoved the bothersome influences down, refocusing on the task at hand.

To fight.

She saw how the others were executed. One by one, thrown out of the airlock by willing hands, hurled into cold airless space. There would be no coming back from that. Trepidatiously, she took up a position against the far wall, pressing her back to it with her hands in front of her.

They came.

V attacked first, moving in a standard wrestler’s pose, preparing to grapple and pin Liseran. She let him get close, then neatly sidestepped, delivering a rapid kick to V’s stomach as she did so. He doubled over, winded with eyes watering in pain. Denesta and Tuatara were behind him, advancing slowly in a pincer to surround her. Liseran cursed. In a broader space, she could easily outmanoeuvre the two, but the cramped spaces of the transport made the required movements impossible. She instead feinted towards Denesta, and as she recoiled, Liseran quickly slipped between her and Tuatara. They closed the gap and advanced again, pushing her back towards the airlock. Gritting her teeth in annoyance, Liseran lunged at a Scorpion, who was approaching her, pinning him to the ground. Feeling her muscles give a sudden burst of unexpected strength, she hefted him and flung him towards Tuatara, watching the two collapse in a tangled heap. Facing Denesta, who alone remained standing, Liseran stood with a length of rope in one hand and a long dirk in the other, both taken from her belt..

“Grab things,” Liseran intoned, flinging the rope at her opponent’s face. Too surprised to retaliate, the rope struck Denesta squarely on her forehead, then bounced to the ground. Denesta frowned. “What was that supposed to accomplish?”

Liseran cursed again. Nothing was working, and Denesta was coming at her, a wooden baton slicing through the air, nearing her head. She desperately parried with the dirk, and the dagger’s keen blade sliced through the wood, leaving Denesta with little more than an oak stub in her hand. Slowly raising her hands, Denesta said, “Okay, we’ll leave you be for now, even if we’re still suspicious that you’re putting those skills of yours to less savory purposes.”

“I’m sure you will,” Liseran replied curtly, too exhausted to reply with much more than that. She walked away from Denesta towards her alcove, which had grown in size after all the other birds had “left.” Flinging her knife down, she collapsed on the tiny cot, seeking sleep.

The next morning, Liseran was still lying on her cot, her dirk embedded within the chest of her corpse, which lay faceup, eyes gazing accusingly at those gathered around it. She was innocent, and even less time remained to find the ones who were truly guilty.

The alcove would remain deserted for the remainder of the journey. Deserted, but haunted by the spectres that remained. The spirits of the birds cried out in a soundless yell from another realm, reunited at last in the final destination of death.

---------------------------------------------------

Vote Count:

Amber Vulture (6): Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Cream Tuatara, Indigo Weasel, Mauve Crocodile,

Indigo Weasel (1): Amber Vulture,

Amber Vulture was lynched but survived!

Amber Vulture has been killed! They were a Refugee!

The Spec doc has reached their win condition of having all of the anonymous bird accounts dead! The game is not over, though, so you should still keep playing.

Cycle 6 has started! It will end in roughly 48 hours.

pin_1532246400.png

Spoiler

Reminder: Rules for Anonymous Accounts:

At the start of the game, you will be issued an anonymous account. There are a number of rules associated with the use of an Anonymous Account. Please follow them carefully. Given the potential for abuse of Anonymous Accounts, any rule breaking using the accounts will be dealt with harshly.
1) Do not change the password of the anonymous account you are issued. Orlok, Fifth and I will have access to all anonymous accounts for the duration of the game.
2) Do not use the anonymous accounts to PM any non-anonymous account, other than the accounts of the GMs. Please do not use your normal accounts to PM anonymous accounts.
3) Do not change anything cosmetic about the accounts, including member title, username, signature, and avatar.

4) Do no reveal your own identity or explicitly claim to be another player

Huh. Looks like Amber had some protection, and the elims used their kill to finish them off. Amber was already going to be lynched though, so the elims must have known they had protection to put in the extra kill, which implies a seeker-esque role. It is also a missed opportunity, as keeping Amber alive would've hieghtened suspicion on her and using the kill on Mauve instead would eliminate vote manip. But is this just elim incompetence or a plan? Ahh so confused.

It's actually quite bad that we revealed Mauve's vote manip because we were counting on Amber being the elim so it wouldn't matter. Regardless, Amethyst Scorpion, we're killing you next. Forgive my apparent bloodlust here. But even in the worst case scenario (Amethyst is village and Tuatara dies), we'll still have enough votes to lynch Indigo, who's the final candidate for elim.

So, Amethyst. If you're an elim, then you're going to die anyway, hence no reason to defend yourself. If you're a villager like the rest of us, then you're wincon will be able to be achieved after death, hence no reason to defend yourself. In fact, since you'll be dying anyway, an admission of your elimness shouldn't be too out of place. Heck, you can even make a final speech before you die! Make sure to make it extra dramatic. If you really aren't an elim, though, then I would suggest dying quietlly, sick there's not much we can do about your death.

The fact that we're even suggesting this instead of bragging on our win (since we'd have won anyway if we were an elim team) is clear proof we're not the bad guys, though proof doesn't really matter right now, since any votes against us won't matter that much anyway.

Bah i thought the game would've been over today one way or the other. Guess not.

39 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Um, @Azure Mouse, I think you misunderstand. There is almost certainly single elim who can account swap. They had an extra life, which allowed them to escape into a new body. We need to figure out where that body is.

I think this is as close to accuracy as we can get, because the reveal says Amber was a Refugee. However that's the vanilla role so they couldn't have had the ability to save themself unless they were this one Kandra elim that we're currently assuming exists. I assume they have 'left' the body (amber's) now.

But...why did they kill Amber off? Is that because in order to 'leave' the body the kandra has to use the elim kill on it? Perhaps.

So where are you now 

I don't think it's Azure or Tuatara, so my bet is on either Indigo or Mauve. 

@Azure Mouse @Cream Tuatara Have you been able to spot anything in your doc from Mauve that may suggest it's not them anymore?

Oh. In that case, Amethyst Scorpion, Indigo Weasel, since he was the least suspious of the three before the Amber lynch, and therefore would be the ideal choice to swap on.

Edit: Also, Mauve is currently failing the Kandra-test we've designed, so my vote may not be final just yet.

Edited by Azure Mouse

Whoa! Hold on! Just because I'm the least suspicious doesn't mean that I'm the easiest to impersonate. What about my writing style?

I'm going to vote mauve Crocodile because he was currently failing the test designed.  If it is determined that he passed, then I would have to change my vote touh I'm not sure who yet.

The test was/is sort of time sensitive, and this is the first cycle where Mauve has failed. The only thing I’m concerned about is that we’ve been assuming the Kandra just needs one more informant dead to win. Mauve is EIB, so the Kandra couldn’t win by killing them. I would have thought either Weasel or Scorpion would have been targeted.

Edit: @Mauve Crocodile where are you?

Edited by Cream Tuatara

So, what's the verdict? Did Mauve pass? 

My thoughts are if the kandra were to pick one of amethyst or I, then they would have to kill one of us this time, then the other next time.  Or if they are lucky, the lynch kills one today, and kandra kills the other. But they could be unlucky, and let killed by the lynch. But if the Kandra tries switching out for an EIB, then they will just let the EIB kill off the last couple refugees assuming they are the kandra. But I think Kandra is Mauve still. Unless you can convince me otherwise.