[OB] Rysn interlude - did it resonate with you?

I am visually impaired and legally blind. Obviously, my disability and experiences are very different from Rysn's. But as someone who has dealt with a physical disability, I did not resonate with her interlude or find it compelling at all. Many of the emotions I would expect her to feel -- shame, frustration, anger -- either weren't there or felt glossed over to me. 

Now obviously not everyone has the same experiences. That's why I want other people's opinions, specifically those who have also struggled with physical disabilities, but everyone is welcome to chime in. If everyone disagrees with me and I'm weird, great! I'm fine with being weird. :P 

But if it's something many people agree with me on, I want to contact Brandon and team dragonsteel. Brandon has talked about writing a Wandersail novella, which would presumably have Rysn as the main character. Brandon has proven his sensitivity and understanding in dealing with mental illness, and I just want to make sure Rysn's experiences are given that same care. 

@thegatorgirl00 Wow, firstly, I'm sorry that you're legally blind. My dad is almost there, and it's a struggle to see him deal with it.

Anyway, I really liked Rysn's interludes, but I hadn't even thought about how it would be to read them as someone struggling with physical disabilities. I think it would be very cool to ask Brandon about this. Maybe you could talk to him in reddit or Twitter about it?

• Chaos locked this topic