The Alleyverse Elections!

Kidpen

Official Choice  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Total Leader

• Archer (Anti Hemalurgic)
    • ElephantEarwax (Pro Hemalurgic)
    • The Forgetful Archivist (Indifferent)

These are the Alleyverse elections. We are electing somebody to be our mayor of the Alleyvillage. They will be elected and everyone will have to do what they say, except Voidus, because he literally created the universe. If you create the universe, you kinda transcend this kinda stuff. Also, he's a mod, so he has that going for him. That's not to say he can't be elected, just that it would be redundant. So, the way it works is through a democommunicapitelectocollegsyste system, which is completely original. The way it works is that there are three parties, the pro hemalurgic party, the anti hemalurgic party, and the indifferent party. These are separate from guilds. To become a candidate, this is all you have to do:

1. Be nominated by someone else.

2. Accept that nomination. Name the party you plan to run for.

Then I'll make a poll for it. This is definitely not a joke and should be take completely seriously.

Spoiler

To be clear, I'm kidding about most of this. Outside of the joke, I personally would find it fun to actually do this. In world, the person would just kinda be a figurehead, who doesn't have any power. They will get to boast about being the mayor though. Also could be fun to try to get people who are opposing you to be not voted for. i.e Assassinating opponents or making up stories about them. It's been a while since we had a scandal, so I thought this might be the thing to make one. Any power the elected person has is only ceremonial. In general, very few people will likely obey this person simply because of their title. No physical power. 

Nominations:

Anti Hemalurgic:
@Archer
@AonEne

Pro Hemalurgic:
@ElephantEarwax

Indifferent:
@Gancho Libre
@The Forgetful Archivist

Since not much is happening on the election front…

I am officially announcing my candidacy for the Alleyverse Election! 

This summer, I want your vote to become the candidate for the Anti-Hemalurgy Party (AHP).

If I become the mayor of the Alleyvillage, I intend to keep things mostly the same, but better! I want more of the stuff we all love, like parties! Featuring a steady stream of drinks from the The Alleyway Bar and an open cookie bar (featuring both spiked and hemalurgy-free, I don’t care to limit people’s freedom of choice), the parties I throw will be epic.

You may not agree with my party’s ideology, but that’s not a problem. I encourage you to vote for the person you support instead. As an experienced mediator and senior member of the Alleyverse RP, I have demonstrated the responsibility and reliability required to be a leader in the community. You want someone you can trust with the vast ceremonial responsibilities of a mayor (No one really know what the mayor’s role will be. Head DJ? Backer of Alleyverse currency? Keeper of the keys to the city? I guess we’ll find out). I believe that I am the perfect person for that role.

So please vote for me to be your AHP candidate to be the Mayor of the Alleyvillage!

Edited by Archer

I will be doing the same as Archer, but for hemalurgy. 

I will try to stop unwanted conflict and help everyone out. I am also a promoter of good music. Also I will give everyone a key to the city, also public lessons on all types of investiture.

Kaladin Album. You should listen. 

Alt link if hyper is broken.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ElephantEarwax said:

I will be doing the same as Archer, but for hemalurgy. 

I will try to stop unwanted conflict and help everyone out. I am also a promoter of good music. Also I will give everyone a key to the city, also public lessons on all types of investiture.

Kaladin Album. You should listen. 

Alt link if hyper is broken.

Reveal hidden contents

*wonders who nominated you*

Oh well. I'll put you on anyways. I didn't say specifically you can't nominate yourself.

Due to my lagging polls, I have decided to roll out one of my future projects I would undertake as mayor. I would propose a large infrastructure bill to construct a "hall of heroes" where all the major events are depicted as friezes and all Alleyverse participants get a statue, If you want a statue of yourself elect TFA as mayor.

I am The Forgetful Archivest and I approve this message.

Alleyverse participants earn them simply by being participants for at least a week. But to be clear, those who have or had taken an active role and distinguished themselves will receive more prominent positions in the hall and will appear more often in the bas-reliefs that adorn the walls. We all deserve to be remembered and recognized for out imaginary accomplishments no matter how small they are. As major, I would remember those who have been forgotten, and I will listen to those who have been ignored.

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

On 7/7/2018 at 2:34 PM, Maelstrom said:

Well darn. You don't post for almost four months, go out of internet service for a week, and find out you missed all the fun. Who should I be voting for?

You want to accept your nomination? There was nobody else for Pro, so it's fine.

23 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Probably me, :D How long does voting last?

Another day if @Maelstrom accepts.

I'm would be up for accepting the nomination, but if the voting has already started, I'd hate to barge in on @ElephantEarwax's candidacy. I'd rather watch what happens from the sidelines anyways. Thanks to @Ark1002 for the nomination btw. I'll probably start to get much more active soon, but not as much activity will be from me for a while.