New to the cosmere

Jay_moore49

About 6 months ago I finished the song of ice and fire books and was looking for a new and exciting book to read. I stumbled upon a book called the way of kings, and after a few sleepless nights I was hooked (the tower chapters is what really got me). So now I’ve finished the 3 Stormlight books (working on second read through) and I’ve also read all about Vin and Kelsier in the mistborn trilogy. I’m currently working on wax and Wayne. Today i also started to listen to some of the shardcast pods and am really enjoying those as well. 

So so my big question is where should i go next? 

20 hours ago, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

Welcome to the Shard @Jay_moore49!

Just some quick questions:

• What is your favourite magic system?
  • Which secret society is the most interesting?

Favorite magic system would probably be allomancy, just cause Vin was such a bad chull. 

I think one of the more intredting secret societies is the followers of the diagram  really interested to see where that goes  

1 hour ago, CrazyRioter said:

When you've finished the Wax and Wayne books you should read/listen to Mistborn Secret History.

Yeah think that’s where I’m going next. Almost done with bands of mourning and have arcanum unbounded downloaded on iBooks!  Stoked to read secret history and edgedancer. 

Welcome to the forums!
I'd second Elantris as a recommendation, it does have some issues with pacing but it was Brandons first published book. There's also a few (Relatively obscure mostly) references to it elsewhere.

Can I interest you in a welcome-to-the-forum cookie?