The ultimate enemy

Ripheus23

16 minutes ago, Calderis said:

No Shards involved to end the story... Of the Shards? That's a big pile of nope. 

Do you think Fainlife will end up being the ultimate antagonist, seeing as Yolen wasn't even able to handle the problem very well?

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Yeah. A faction war that involves shards on all sides... I can see that. 

No Shards involved to end the story... Of the Shards? That's a big pile of nope. 

I agree, this entire thing is the Adonalsium Saga, it should probably end with the shards/adon one way or another. 

47 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

Do you think Fainlife will end up being the ultimate antagonist, seeing as Yolen wasn't even able to handle the problem very well?

This is possible and has been proposed before. Some even thought the Red Tear, which is a group of red stars seen from several planet, is when Yolen is the red is fain life spreading to other planets. But it falls under the scheme of an anti-adonalisium power, which is considered more unlikely at this point, but not impossible. The short story of The Traveler shows Hoid and Frost meeting after the death of Ati and Leras in a pure white forest. This is thought to be fain life, and shows it is still around, but not dangerous for them to meet on. Even in the Liar of Partinel preview chapters, the primary danger from fainlife was losing crops, not the fainlife itself. 

I also recall seeing a WoB that mentioned fainlife isn't as dangerous during the dragonsteel series as it was during the Liar of Partinel. But I can't find it atm so take it with some suspicion, maybe someone else will recognize that. 

• Chaos locked this topic