Hydra

A man from a time long past stepped up to a building that dated even himself. A strong sweet scent poured itself from inside. He made his way inside, moving past tables and chairs which had been mangled. He looked to the far wall, the 4th wall, and smiled at how new it looked. Amazing how it repaired so fast after... it cracked again. He turned and made his way behind the counter, reaching under and grabbing a handful of what he came for: root beer flavored strawberry gum. Pocketing the gum, he walked through the swinging doors back outside, taking one last look at the sign which hung over this once beloved place. "Root Beer Bar"

As he walked away something made him stop. He turned back and reached up, grabbing the sign. Yanking it from over the door, he made his way into a nearby alley. He could bring life at a new venue.

Not too long after:

The man was tired of moving. So much of it. And now, he had finally decided to stop moving. He walked down from the top floor of his newly purchased building onto the main floor. Booths along the walls of the place were areas people could talk in quiet. The rest of the open space was full of round tables and chairs, ready for people to use. It had taken him awhile to get it all, but he could finally open the place. The floorboards were silent as he moved to the window and flipped the little sign in the window. Open for business at last.

Kothar was taken a bit back by the sudden entrance. "That is gonna be a no on the wine i'm afraid" he said, moving around the counter "The stuff is expensive. The hardest I have right now is ruby." He grabbed a mug and set it in front of Rashan. "Do you want that or some of our signature root beer?"

Kothar gave him curious look as he took the mug and poured the sweet concoction into it. "My my. What a sudden and straightforward question. Why do you ask?" he said calmly while putting the stopper in the keg. He handed Rashan the mug.

Kothar caught the coin. Taking the mug from Rashan, he started filling it again. "Hemalurgy. The darkest of the metal arts. The world would be a better place without it." he said in an even tone before handing the mug to Rashan again. "Then again, the alleys wouldn't exist without it, so there is a small thing I like about it. What 'bout you?"

Rashan took the mug, filled to the brim with the beer, and raised in gratitude, before drinking half of it, savouring its taste. Storms, this was good.

"It's practical," he said bluntly, but honestly. "I don't agree with wanton murder, but I can't deny its usefulness. Or it's corriptiveness." Rashan took another sip. "Ya know, it's funny that I have a more positive opinion on hemalurgy than most, I mean I've seen what it does to people, first hand. That's why I drink, to forget what happened that night." He smiled, then took another sip.

Edited by I think I am here.

"Agreed." Kothar said, grabbing a few more mugs as some NPCs walked in. "Its not the murder or usefulness that I have qualms with. Its what it does with your mind. Anyone who has been on the wrong side of it deserves a few drinks now and then." He poured out drinks to the newcomers before continuing. "The name is Kothar, how about you?"

Kothar gave him a flat look. "Its the alleyway. Who doesn't have some form of investiture or another? To display it openly however is an easy way to have people know your weaknesses." he motioned toward the mug in front of Rashan. "Another drink?"

Kothar filled Rashan's mug to the brim and set it in front of him before moving to fill the mugs of a few more people who had entered. "You can never be too careful." he deposited a few coins into his register, "Heh. I would enjoy seeing people who have had experiences like my own. They would be sensible people. Some of the time."

Kothar accepted the coin. "It's quite simple really. I don't have a story." he said, leaning against the bar and popping a stick of gum into his mouth. "I struggle with an intense long term memory loss, so I can't remember more than a few years in the past." He looked over to the old sign above the door to the back room. It read "Root Beer Bar". He continued saying, "I have been across many of the worlds in the cosmere. Could be all of them, I just can't remember."

Elkanah walked into this... building? The singers had cities, but places like this were uncommon. The man behind the bar looked like he might be the owner. The menu had a few drink options. The "root beer" looked interesting. "I'll have the root beer please" he says to the man behind the counter. There is another human sitting down. But it seemed empty otherwise. He glances at the other person there.

"Hey" elkanah replied. "I'm fine. How about you?" He wasnt worried, this person seemed a lot better than those people who kept trying to sell him cookies. Evelyn said she could see something that was off about the cookies. He trusted her, after all, she had bonded him, a task that was literally binding her... life? To his.

"Killed?" Elkanah says to the Rythym of Tension. He was getting a bad feeling about this person. Humans were crazy, he had decided long ago. The gems in his hairstrands had Stormlight, and he had a few of the humans' spheres in a pocket. He always tried to stay prepared. Hopefully this person was joking.

Kothar smiled a bit as more customers walked in. He knew this was the right venue. Tapping his connection a bit he said, "Please keep your conversation polite while on the premise." to the dark looking stranger "and please do a bit more to conceal your weapons, you are scaring my customers." He then switched gears to the parshendi who had walked in a little bit earlier. "What can I get you?"

Edited by Hydra