*insert funny title name here*

BitBitio

To all members, moderators, admins, and staff of the 17th Shard,

Hello. I will start this off frankly and honestly. I created a second account, @Sentinel of Darkshire, just over a week after I got my original account. And I essentially used it to troll people.

Anyway, I didn't have much of a reason to create it anyway, except I kind of wanted to join multiple social guilds to feel more advantage than most. I ended up using it as a vent for frustration (mistake #8) which totally transformed me into insulting people for no reason. It snowballed from there, by self-upvoting myself and treating others like idiots. I was incredibly, undeniably a jerk. 

Here's the thing. Sentinel, well, isn't me. (Although I still claim the name because it sounds cool.) It is me, I was indeed the one insulting people in the first place, but that wasn't me. That was Sentinel, my jerk-for-fun self. I would insult, annoy, and hurt people with what I hope none of you would see in me if you knew me in real life. That was banned to the far reaches of my self the day Sentinel was banned. 

I should be banned too. I broke the rules, and not just any rules, ban-worthy rules.(albeit completely unbeknownst to me, though it should have been obvious to me, I knew exactly what I was doing.) 

Instead, I got off by the generosity of Chaos and Rubix with just the moderation queue, and a warning that if I ever behave badly enough again, (hopefully an accidental double-post or unintentional insult is not bad enough, though pretty much anything worse than that is) I will be banned.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say, in all honesty, is that I am sorry. 

I truly am.

Best, 

BitBitio.

Hello all.

I would like people to welcome BitBitio back to the community. This has taken far longer than any of us wanted but it is what it is.

I'd just like to say having multiple accounts is a serious matter, and is very much a bannable offense, but we sometimes make exceptions for extenuating circumstances. This is one such time. We hope you will accept his apology as we have accepted it as well.

Please let me know if you have any concerns regarding policy or anything at all. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I didn't ever personally witness any of this trolling, but I believe in forgiveness when people feel remorse and apologize. So I am happy to say welcome back, @BitBitio the Mudkip! Thank you also to Chaos and Rubix and the other mods/admins for their continued efforts to keep the Shard a civil and welcoming place. :)

Ah, I thought there was something... odd about Sentinel of Darkshire's intro thread.

This is a known issue with online forums.  (I guess I should warn that there is naughty language at the end of that link.)  It's the main reason I use my own real-life name in my handle.  As far as I'm concerned this has all been satisfactorily resolved---so welcome back, BitBitio.

Actually, there's one thing that doesn't satisfy me.  If your profile is to be believed, you are almost exactly the same age as the meme linked above---which I saw live.

*feels old*

Edited by daschaich
Forgot the explicit 'welcome back'

• Chaos locked this topic