CoC: Tevarah Vs Nalizar

Nohadon

Made the thread for you @Jehoiada and @5ith Ideal Good luck. :) 

Welcome to the arena of valour! The flat sandy stadium you know too well has gone under some renovations, to the left, you can see a small lake! feel free to go for a swim there!

To the right, you see a mock-village! excellent cover and hiding spots there! Good luck contestants and make this a show worth watching!

"Announcing , the first man who's spren became physical, the master of lashings, Tevarah Son Zune Teradyne." The man yelled. finishing his opening that had been going on for like ten minutes!

Tevarah cocked his head, how did that announcer get a hold of his full name? well at least he was done.Tevarah was ready. Storms he had never dueled in an official bout. Umm let's check, Tevarah thought. We have my sword,we have a lot of stormlight that Tessi's holding for me- "Oh Tessi!" Tevarah called running over to her. "Hey are you sure you can't become shards?"

"Yes," Tessi said annoyed. "But I've told you this."

"Well that's inconvenient," Tevarah replied. "So let me get this straight; I can use all the lashings, but since your physical I can't use you as a sword or plate."

"Yes." Tessi said with a dont talk to me anymore kinda tone.

"Well at least I have an aluminum short sword." Tevarah mumbled to himself. Tevarah walked over to the center of the dueling grounds listening vaguely to the announcer talking about Nalizar. Still walking he got his pack fished through it to find pulling three large steel balls with about three inch spikes jutting out, except for one large spike in each ballthat was about eight inches. There were other methods of beating opponents without yourself having shards.he arrived at the center then waited for his opponent to come out.

Who is our mediator?

This is my Strategy, so I expect you not to peek

Spoiler

As soon as we start the duel I want to lash those balls in the air kinda mistborn-ish, but with lashings. I want to get some quick hits in with two of them then lash the third toward him and while he is dodging/blocking come in for a very damaging blow with a  strike from my sword.

Edited by Jehoiada

Nalizar crouched in the shadows of the doorway into the arena, watching his opponent. 

He seems to be a Radiant as well, probably Windrunner like me, or Skybreaker. That means he's probably going to lash those spikeballs at me...

He closes his eyes to think for a moment. 

"Yd," he whispers, "tell me something good." Yd, floating just above Nalizar's shoulder, points to the shortsword strapped to his opponent's side. 

"He has a sword; probably silver or aluminum or something. Either that means he isn't Third Ideal, so he doesn't have a shardblade, or he's trying to make us think that he has no shardblade, or maybe he really doesn't have a shardblade, and he's trying to make us think that we think he's trying to make us think we have a shardblade, or..."

It spiraled down from there. 

Nalizar hissed a plan to his spren as soon as he could get him to shut up. He breathed in, sucking in the Stormlight from the spheres he carried. Then he Lashed himself toward his opponent.

This is my plan, don't look!

Spoiler

"Yd." Nalizar hissed. His spren continued, oblivious. "Yd. YDDINSTROM." Finally, the storming thing shut up. "Make yourself visible to them... do your best to look like me. Stride out and start attacking." - The Nalizar falling toward Tevarah is not real; if you look closely, you can see him glowing blue around the edges. 

I plan to Lash myself to the ceiling of the hallway, then fall to the sky. Hopefully my spren will distract Tevarah and I can land behind and attack. 

On 6/23/2018 at 0:46 AM, Jehoiada said:

Who is our mediator?

I'll mediate for you.

"Let the duel...  BEGIN!" Of course, Devaan wasn't actually here, but someone he payed well to mediate this duel was watching intently. As Devaan fought his own duel against Rashan.

"I don't want to see any funky buisness, ok?" The impersonator called out in a near-perfect imitation of his voice

Nalizar spun in the air to avoid the spikeball, dodging it only barely as he fell towards his opponent. Tevarah ran towards him, drawing his sword, just in time to see Nalizar zoom past him as he Lashed himself into the mock-village, disappearing into the shadows. 

Nalizar fell into a crouch to watch his opponent.

For Nohadon (and viewers) Only!

Spoiler

As Yd distracted Tevarah, Nalizar fell across the sky above the stadium. He jumped as a spikeball whizzed past him into the sky, then another just on the other side of him. Lashing himself up again to catch up to the spikeballs, he followed them into the sky until their Stormlight faded and they dropped back into his hands. 

Detour complete, he dropped all Lashings and fell towards the lake. 

When he was just a couple of inches above the lake, he half-Lashed himself back up, to counteract gravity and hover just above the lake. 

He Lashed both spikeballs at Tevarah's back with several Lashings each.

Edited by 5ith Ideal

Tevarah was not going to do this nonsense of running around buildings, so he scanned the entrance to the little village and stepped backward, then waited.

He had waited long enough, he ran to the building that he saw Nalizar run by. He ran inside sneaking around only to see Nalizar right behind the building waiting to ambush him, Tevarah jumped out the window and slashed out multiple times.

@5ith Ideal you waited to long so I skipped your turn and I did another, but it's your turn now. XD

Edited by Jehoiada

Sorry. 

As Tevarah jumped out the window right in front of him, showering glass everywhere, Nalizar dodged the aluminum sword, drawing Tevarah's attention. Jumping back out of the range of the sword, Nalizar pointed to behind Tevarah. 

"I have a present for you." He promptly disappeared... almost like a spren. 

(I'm assuming Tevarah turns around to see this present... sorry I'm moving him)

Tevarah turns just in time to see his spikeballs doing near-terminal velocity straight at his face, only a few feet away. 

You can take him from here... also, to get some sense of what's really going on, you can read my plans now.

Ooh! clever using my spike balls, but you made some mistakes first you never warn someone before you attack them. So in that case since Tevarah has been trained in battle he would not have turned, he would have dodged immediately.

Second. The head is kinda small and not as easy to hit as the body, thus (and it is up to @Nohadon) but I think he can dodge these blows, especially with stormlight.

I still haven't read your plans by the way because if this was part of your plan and failed you can reset it and I still won't know about it. But we still need to see what Nohadon says.

Edited by Jehoiada

I'm going to assume several lashings = 3 lashings.

The ball is being pulled down at 9.8 mps, terminal velocity is 55 mps, a few feet = 5 meters

lets say the balls are falling two feet from each other at 50mps

Stormlight makes you more active, faster, and stronger, but not active enough to dodge something moving at you 50 meters per second for 5 meters, the healing factor here is much more important.

Even if Tevarah attempts to dodge immediately, It's highly likely that Tevarah will get hit by at least one, so lets go with that.

Being hit by one spike ball  on the shoulder will do a lot of damage (I'm going to assume that they miss the head as that would be incredibly hard to land.

Tevarah loses 25 HP, healing 11 from stormlight, applying the bleeding and slowed debuffs to Tevarah's left shoulder, meaning Tevarah loses 1 HP per turn for 4 of his turns (total of 8 HP) and for 4 turns making attacks with his left arm are 50% easier to dodge

Tevarah moved with the impact throwing himself backward he took a glance up "there" he said. The tricksterhe. Tevarah thought for a moment then gathered his bearings, he rushed out the side door where there was a canopy off of the building, then lashed himself up one of the taller buildings out of site from Nalizar he peaked over the building seeing Nalizar going down to where Tevarah had smashed the door open. At this point Tevarah was higher than Nalizar so Tevarah expertly lashed himself to Nalizar got within a few feet then attacked with three quick blows then lashed back to get out of reach.

54 minutes ago, Jehoiada said:

Tevarah moved with the impact throwing himself backward he took a glance up "there" he said. The tricksterhe. Tevarah thought for a moment then gathered his bearings, he rushed out the side door where there was a canopy off of the building, then lashed himself up one of the taller buildings out of site from Nalizar he peaked over the building seeing Nalizar going down to where Tevarah had smashed the door open. At this point Tevarah was higher than Nalizar so Tevarah expertly lashed himself to Nalizar got within a few feet then attacked with three quick blows then lashed back to get out of reach.

All right... wait. Did you even read my spoiler plans? Do you know where Nalizar actually is?

Yd appeared in Nalizar's hands as a massive greatsword, which he used to block Tevarah's attacks. Ah, subtlety.

Tevarah lashed himself away from Nalizar, and instead of pursuing his opponent, Nalizar went the other way instead. Going inside of a nearby hut as his opponent fled in his cowardice, he slashed at the foundations of the single room clay building, severing it from the ground. Diving back out the window, he Lashed with every ounce of Stormlight he had left. The building plowed through the rest of the city, moving at five times the speed it would fall, straight at Tevarah. Glancing at his feet, he saw the final spikeball from the beginning of the round. He picked it up. Thanks for the weapons, Tevarah.

Nalizar checked his pouch. Two spheres left, he thought. Time for some hide-and-seek. He Lashed himself away. 

This is for @Nohadon and viewers only! @Jehoiada, Nalizar is hiding. He won't take a turn until you find him!

Spoiler

Nalizar has gone under the lake, holding his breath and using the Stormlight to sustain him underwater. He will attack as soon as Tevarah comes near him. 

So, here's the deal. This is our first time dueling, so I give us both some credit to make some mistakes, but one thing we can't keep doing is to dodge every attack that is thrown, unless is very well explained why you could have dodged, that's what the mediator is for, to see who lands what blow and whether or not you could have dodged, or no one would ever win because we'd just keep dodging. So it's really up to Nohadon.

Tevarah started to lash himself several times backward. Not out of the way, just judging how fast the shed was moving he couldn't have gotten out of the way. Instead lashing himself backward just about how fast the shed was moving. He hit the shed with a grunt, but landed on his feet and immediately cancelled his lashings backward, then lashed himself a quarter lashing toward the shed and leaped of of it heading to where Nalizar was.

I think I'm good for now since we've already started the duel, but after this I do need some more weaponry 

Tevarah new he was going to be ambushed and you know what he was just gonna let it happen. He had figured out throughout this duel that he was at severe disadvantages. He lashed down to the ground where the shed was,  looking at the base where the shed was cut(though small) it was still big enough that it must have taken most of his stormlight, where as he has quite a lot left, Tevarah thought for a bit then decided. "Let's have ourselves a chase." Then ran off looking for Nalizar.

Edited by Jehoiada

On 6/28/2018 at 7:11 PM, 5ith Ideal said:

Yd appeared in Nalizar's hands as a massive greatsword, which he used to block Tevarah's attacks. Ah, subtlety.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but Yd is a shardblade, which would cut through the sword's spirit instead of parrying it, meaning at least one of the three strikes would connect. Let's say that two of the three strikes connected, -10 HP per strike, you are conserving your stormlight for air, which means +2 hp from stormlight healing

HP SO FAR:

Tevarah: 78

Nalizar: 82

I continue to wait for Tevarah to find me.

Spoiler

Underneath the lake, Nalizar has an idea. Instead of conserving Stormlight for air, he asks Yd to form into some sort of oxygen tank. (I mean, we have no proof that a spren can't do this!) He will send Yd up for more air if he runs out. (Feel free to reject this, @Nohadon, if you feel it doesn't work)

As Tevarah runs by the lake, Nalizar erupts out of it in a shower of water, then summons Yd as a dagger and throws it at Tevarah's back, all in the same smooth movement. Then he breathes in Stormlight from Tevarah's pouch, and prepares to summon Yd back as a shield.

Who says I need my own Stormlight? You seem to have plenty left. 

Things happened to quick for Tevarah, a big splash of water, a shining object. Tevarah went into a roll then PAIN!! Severe pain in the right side of his lower back. He saw some stormlight leave his bag. "No no!!." Tevarah screamed. He should have closed his aluminum pouch he had been trained better then that. So he promptly took a deep breath of stormlight then closed the bag. No more stormlight stealing. Now on to bigger things. His right leg it wasn't working right, but he didn't heal, he lashed into the air you dont need your leg to work perfectly to fly you just needed direct control. He flew directly toward his opponent drawing his aluminum sword, he gave a quick double lashing charging Nalizar.

No peeking 5ith no peeking!!!

Spoiler

When Tevarah draws close to Nalizar, Nalizar will probably draw his Yd sword Tevarah will duck down lower and go for a strike at his legs and lower body. At this point I have more stormlight then Nalizar even losing some of it and if Nalizar has to heal then he will lose more stormlight. I on the other hand have no need of healing at the moment even though shard wounds are bad they dont grow worse.

Edited by Jehoiada

Yd was already in shield form in Nalizar's hand, before Tevarah even stood up. This was good, becuase Nalizar had no time to react to Tevarah's sudden assault. 

That throw would have killed most men, was all Nalizar had time to think. Batting away the first sword with Yd, he didn't even see the other one cut a shallow slice in his forearm. 

Burning pain. Nalizar didn't know which was worse, a normal sword wound or that of a Shardblade. He grimaced, then rage took over. The pain disappeared, and he continued the fight. 

Dancing around Tevarah, he formed Yd into a spear, blocking attack after attack. 

Finally, seeing an opening, he stabbed in through his opponent's defenses.