I don't think Rayse was supposed to be at the Shattering

Invocation

2 hours ago, Fanghur Rahl said:

Though knowing Hoid, that could just be because she stole his favourite noodles one time. lol.

Amusingly, this may actually be part of why Hoid still has some sort of feud with Bavadin. We know that Hoid likes instant noodles but we also know that they aren't Yolish and Hoid's using his 'Hoidsense' to know where he can eventually get them; I got that out of him at a signing. xD The root cause of his feud with Bavadin can't be that, as he wouldn't have had any instant noodles for her to steal before the Shattering. However apparently he has had them since then... on Taldain. So he already had some reason to dislike Bavadin but now he may really dislike her because in interdicting Taldain she cut off his supply of instant noodles until some other planet manages to invent them.

23 hours ago, Weltall said:

Amusingly, this may actually be part of why Hoid still has some sort of feud with Bavadin. We know that Hoid likes instant noodles but we also know that they aren't Yolish and Hoid's using his 'Hoidsense' to know where he can eventually get them; I got that out of him at a signing. xD The root cause of his feud with Bavadin can't be that, as he wouldn't have had any instant noodles for her to steal before the Shattering. However apparently he has had them since then... on Taldain. So he already had some reason to dislike Bavadin but now he may really dislike her because in interdicting Taldain she cut off his supply of instant noodles until some other planet manages to invent them.

If I were to have a single magic out of all the systems in the cosmere, I would absolutely choose Hoidsense.

• Chaos locked this topic