Nohadon

Hey @I think I am here., I made the thread.

Devaan looked around after landing on the ground of the sandy arena floor, the grandstands were empty, and there was no opponent in front of him. Was he early again? storms. he really had to get better timing with the duel, he may as well get ready.

Devaan slid 5 cards up his left sleeve, and 5 cards up his right sleeve into special compartments, no way anyone who isn't a tineye or a sparker would notice them.

He draws two cards and holds one up, 9 of books; Aon Sheo and ties it to an awakened doll, creating an illusion that looks exactly like himself that walked around the arena, with the command: Imitate me. Strapping the second card, 2 of Boots; Aon Tia to the doll, he can now switch places with it by activating the card at will. Unfortunately, if Devaan drew sethramir, the illusion would collapse.

It felt good to get into another duel.

Awesome @Nohadon!

"Devaan!"

"Rashan!"

"Devaan!"

"Rashan!"

Rashan stumbled through the stuffed grandstands, fans cheering for both him and his opponent. Storms, was he late again? He really needed to work on that. Well, at least this time wasn't his fault. The arena guard had insisted on Rashan having a contester-badge, for identification, and Rashan had lost his. Oh well, he was going to fight, whether the guard liked it or not.

Rashan didn't tap steel, for he wanted to save it for the fight. With it, however, he could have zoomed by this mess of people, moving by as if time itself stopped. He tripped over an outstretched leg and found himself tumbling into a large horneater man. He was greeted with a hostile stare. Rashan gulped. He could handle this.

"Uh, cheers, mate! Fancy seeing you here, Horneaters don't usually make up the most of my fans! Now, if you let me go by I might be able to sneak an autograph, eh?" Rashan wasn't from the roughs, but he'd read that the accent from those parts could sooth Horneaters, almost magically. From this Horneater's face, however, Rashan's sources were unreliable.

"I go for other guy!" The Horneater declared, steeping forward, blocking Rashan's row and pushing him back. "I go for other guy!"

Rashan looked down, then back at the Horneater, and then down again. He sighed. If he was a gold ferring, he could have jumped off of the row and onto the one below, and then heal from the fall as if nothing happened. If he was a pewter ferring, he could have knocked this horneater aside. If he was a duralumin ferring, perhaps he could have connected with the large man before him enough to let him pass.

But most importantly of all, if he was a zinc ferring, he would be smart enough to avoid making the kinds of desicions he made now. But he was none of those things. He was a steel ferring, and, like it or not, he was about to make a very stupid desicion.

The glass fell easily into Rashan's hand. Horneater lager, funnily enough. All it took was a simple flick of the wrist, a movement so fast it could be done in the blink of an eye, to send the drink right into the Horneaters face.

"Ahoh!" The Horneater grasped at his face, moving far enough to make a gap for Rashan to speed through. So much for not tapping steel. As expected, the Horneater quickly recovered, and was now chasing Rashan through the grandstand. Fortunately, while the Horneater was fast, he wasn't a steelrunner. Rashan weaved through the crowd, expertly setting bystanders aside. He was a different person when he had his steel on. He aced through the rows, as whisperings of a speeding man followed him. Eventually, reaching the final row, Rashan leaped into the arena, coat trailing behind him.

He landed with a thud on the sandy ground as the crowd roared in delight, evidently pleased at Rashan's dramatics. He smiled wanly as the Horneater who was chasing him gave up, puffing in exhaustion. Gathering himself, Rashan released his steel as the announcer boomed, introducing the contenders. Rashan glanced at his opponent, or rather opponents, as there were two men facing him down.

Alright, Rashan thought as he cracked his knuckles, grinning. I'm here.

Now let the fight begin.

Also, who’s mediating?

Edited by I think I am here.

I’m the mediator. Please don’t attack me. If you do, I'll sic a mime on you.

A few housekeeping details:

Any interference or assistance by any outside parties will not be tolerated.

I will refer to I think I am here. as Itiah.

Itiah’s Character:

Name: Rashan Caer

Investiture: A-Chromium/F-Steel Twinborn (A Leecher and a Steelrunner)

Weapons: Short Sword and Blade attached to a chain, both encased in Aluminium.

Weakness: Freaks out easily over almost anything unusual, mainly other magics he had no idea existed. Mostly evades instead of attacks and constantly underestimates his abilities.

Nohadon’s Character

Name: Devaan Sheonar

Investiture: Less than average Feruchemist 

Skills: Stealth, assassination and weaponsmithing. Has a cool deck of cards.

This fight has the potential to be over very, very quickly. As such, I’m going to impose a stipulation that someone can’t lose more than 33 HP in a single round (but even that would be hard to achieve).

You both have a reasonable number of stored attributes (speed etc.), but please try not to use much more than the other person does.

The first person to have zero, or less than zero HP, loses. If you choose to forfeit, put it in a quote box. Everything said outside of a quote box will be considered suspect.

When you attack, try to only say the attack and its intended effect. (eg. DO say: I stab at his leg to cut it off. DO NOT SAY eg. I stab his leg and cut it off.) The defendant should respond with the effect. I’m here to make sure that it is fair. If it is too little, I’ll step in and add some damage.

If you have any attacks or defenses that require preparation in advance, tell me in a spoiler box so I know your response is reasonable. 

After every attack and response, I’ll tabulate the damage. (I’m going to try to keep to this posting order)

Eg. Nohadon attacks.

Itiah defends, attacks.

Archer lists the damage of Nohadon’s attack.

Nohadon defends, attacks by cutting off Itiah’s leg.

Archer lists the damage of Itiah’s attack, then comments that Nohadon would be unable to cut off Itiah’s leg, so Archer changes the attack to a deep cut.

A NOTICE TO OUR FANS: Enjoy the show, but please don’t interfere. Put all your comments in a different colour, or a quote box. Thank you.

A voice bellowed from hidden speakers under the stadium. "Ladies, gentlemen, and whatever those alien creatures are, please take your seats because this fight is about to begin!" The crowd erupted in cheers. 

"The fight will commence on my mark. Devaan may attack first. May the best warrior win! BEGIN!"

In his booth, Mace settled back in his chair to observe the event. Stroking his cat, he chuckled menacingly to himself. Then he turned off the microphone because people were giving him confused looks. 

Edited by Archer

Devaan decided to start slowly, drawing three cards from his steel deck, and one card from his nicrocil deck.

Grinning, Devaan tapped the nicrocil card (3 Of Blades) and, with steel allomancy coursing through him, he shot the three bladed cards towards his opponent with a steel push.

Rashan eyed his two opponents carefully, lightly tapping his steel in case any of them tried to launch a surprise attack. Weren't these matches meant to be one-on-one? Either Rashan had been lied to, or one of these two was a copy, an imitation of his opponent. Or both of them are, Rashan pondered, and my real enemy is actually behind me, invisible. Considering how little Rashan knew of magic abilities beyond his own, he wouldn't have surprised if it was the case. As he stared down his twin enemies, he noticed an oddity in their movement. As soon as one of them took a step, the other did the same, perfectly mimicking the other's gait.The pattern repeated, the figures taking the same steps, the same movements, though one of them was fractionally delayed, perhaps by half a second. Rashan guessed that was the copy.

Suddenly, one of the figures raised their hand at Rashan, and a series of somethings flew from their palm, glistening in the light and speeding towards Rashan's chest. The other enemy, the supposed copy, also raised its hand, though nothing came out. Of course, Rashan thought as the somethings advanced, slowed by Rashan's steeltapping. The illusion can mimic the person, but it doesn't have the same weaponry! Tapping steel further, Rashan stepped to the side, hearing the projectiles clatter against the arena wall behind him. Then, he zoomed across the arena floor, a blur to anyone witnessing.

Arriving next to who he thought was the real opponent, Rashan began his attack with a series of punches and jabs, utilizing his momentum for strength and burning chromium, in case his enemy had any magic in him that was susceptible to it. Speeding around in an effort to confuse his enemy, Rashan finally brought out his short-sword, encased in the finest aluminium out of its sheath as he swung the weapon at the man before him.

Just want to point out for future reference, tapping steel does NOT make you perceive everything else as slower, when you run at super speeds, everything around you is blurry, you can't slow time around you, so tapping speed and then making a plan wouldn't work, as it doesn't increase mental speed, only physical speed (If you want the bullet time effect, use zinc feruchemy or duralumin allomancy)

This newcomer was good, and fast. Devaan had to make sure he didn't open himself up to any counter-attacks, Devaan smiled as Rashan blurred over to him, and swapped places with his illusion, but not before taking a couple hits himself.

It was time to up the pace of this fight a little, he wanted to fight fast? Then it's time for him to speed up.

Devaan drew a card. 5 of Boots, Feruchemical Speed and then took out another bladed steel and threw it at Rashan, rushing towards him simultaneously, the world blurred around him as he tried to slam his shoulder in to his opponent at top speed.

@Archer Do the HP calculations when you get on :)

No damage for card attack. It was at the start of the battle and he was expecting it. With his speed, he'd be able to dodge under the circumstances 

Couple of hits with the sword = - 6 (that's about what one quick hit would get him, once again using speed to surprise, before the switch could occur) 

Damage potentially pending for some simultaneous shoulder/stabby stuff 

Devaan: 94

Rashan: 100 

Edited by Archer

The sword sliced into his opponent, and as Rashan proceeded to cut the person up, he noticed that his enemy wasn't moving anymore. Ha, Rashan thought. Dead already. Unless they can resurrect or some shennangins like that. That would suck.

From the corner of his eye, Rashan picked up two blurs, one big, the other small. They were heading right towards him at a startling speed. The copy. It had his power. "Storms!" Rashan shouted as he brought up the dead body in his hands, using it as a shield for the two blurs. "You really are two people!" He'd have to bring that up with mediator one day.

The blurs crashed into Rashan in an eyeblink as both him and his opponent lay fighting on the floor. Thankfully, it seemed that the smaller projectile - it seemed like another dagger - had been stopped by Rashan's dead body shield, while the bigger blur, the copy itself, had tumbled to the ground as well as Rashan, most of its force gone into the body than Rashan. Still, Rashan wasn't without a few bruises.

As they squirmed on the ground, each hoping to get a hold on the other, Rashan pinned the copy down, and then plucked the dagger out of his first opponents body and sped up his right arm to many times that of a human, effectively creating a jackhammer-stabbing machine. He grunted as he tried to speed-stab the copy, intending to at least get a mortal wound on his opponent.

Should probably include paragraphs

I'm going to assume that 'awakened doll' means that the duplicate is tangible and therefore good for blocking stabs. To preform the move you'd have had to figure out what to do with the sword in your hand so you could grab the doll, then react to the attack. That's a lot of stuff going on, so it lessens your defensive capabilities. 

The damage from Devaan's body hitting at high speed is pretty high because it's all force, the shield wouldn't do much to protect against it (I'll assume that he did it in a way to minimize the damage to himself, but that'd still do some harm. I won't add much damage for stuff like the harm you'd do to your fists to preform punches and such because you'd have armour on, but in some cases there will be some) = - 9 for Rashan, - 1 for Devaan 

I'm going to assume that Devaan did not overrun the card and stab himself accidentally, but the card was blocked by the body so no points there. 

Devaan: 93 

Rashan: 91 

Edited by Archer

Storms, Devaan was pinned down, but he could tell that he hit his opponent. That was good, Unfortunately he had to deal with the fact that he was about to get stabbed in the neck.

A small, inperceptible flick of the wrist on both arms sent 3 cards falling into both hands. He immediately use two of the cards in his right hand (4 of Books and 3 of Boots) and tapped Mental and Physicial speed, In a stressful time like this, he needed the jump-start to be able to pull this off. As the world slowed around him a little, he tapped All three cards in his left hand, 3 different aons, Are, Rao and Ela (Unity, Spirit and Focus). The sigils flashed in the air right in front of his opponent's eyes as a faint white line formed between him and Devaan, the spirit tether. Keeping hold of the other card in his right hand, he loosened up, and prepared himself as he got stabbed in the neck.

Spoiler

@Archer, So how my spirit tether works is that any damage Rashan does to me, I do to him back, but any damage I do to him, the spirit tether does to me back as well, there is no time between it, there is no damage drop off, there are ways around it, however, the easiest way is to steal sethramir, the second it is drawn from it's sheath, it stops the tether as it is spiritual investiture. ONLY wounds are reflected, meaning both characters need to heal on their own. For more information, see my duel with Kain (Shardbreaker's character)

Edited by Nohadon
Spelling corrections & stuff like that

Rashan barely forced his hand to miss his opponent's neck as he observed the soft, glowing line that connected them. Yes, he'd seen this before. When his opponent had faced that other guy. All stabs, all cuts, even a shardblade wound, they had been reflected onto the attacker. Rashan knew better than to injure his enemy now. While Rashan himself couldn't heal, he had no doubts that his opponent would be able to, considering all that had happened lately.

Rashan looked towards the source of the thread, in hopes he would be able to break it. There it was, three metallic cards with weird glowing symbols on them, all in his opponent's hand. Where had he gotten them from? Rashan would have to look more closely next time.

Rashan had learnt from his previous fight that these symbols were Aons. Throwing his knife away and swigging a chromium vial, Rashan reached his hand out for the cards, and as he flared his chromium, losing its warmth in his stomach, the line that conjoined his opponent to him disappeared.

Thank the Stormfather, Rashan thought in relief as he began to, yet again, pelt his opponent with punches.

Paragraph structure again

Damnation! A leecher! Devaan used the last card (Jack Of Boots) to teleport to the other side of the sandy arena with AonTia.

"Well, you certainly did your homework on me! I'm flattered."

Devaan was done with this farce, It was time to end this duel

"No more games, no more tricks, no more fancy manoeuvres or swapping places, I'm done with that"

Devaan drew sethramir. The illusion disappeared, only the doll, the cards and the various wounds remained in place, Devaan even withdrew the breath from it. He muttered something under his breath, and the various tassels on his mistcloak floated in the air, poised to strike.

Devaan drew three cards.

1. 10 Of blades (Pewter allomancy) 

2. King of blades (Aon Sheo)

3. Queen of blades (Aon Eon)

The power of pewter coursed through Devaan and his blade, funnelled through the ettmetal core, making stronger, tougher and lighter

Aon Sheo attached to Devaan's right hand-glove (He was wielding his sword in his left hand)

Aon Eon made him faster, stronger and more durable then before

Dashing forward incredibly fast, with Aon Eon and pewter coursing through him, he ran at his opponent, Sethramir in front, His red glove trailing behind, the mistcloak ready to fight. As Devaan got closer to his opponent, it became apparent that the end of his mistcloak was sharpened aluminium, ready to pierce, rend and flay his opponent into a bloody pile of flesh, intending to impale Rashan with sethramir

For the record, no one has seen sethramir in action, or how well I fight with it, so you will have no idea on what the sword does

Edited by Nohadon

A small rock watched from the stands. Unsure if it was supposed to cheer or something for its squire.
It then remembered that rocks are incapable of performing a cheer routine and began musing over where the best bind points for stealing such an ability would be.

Rashan continued to pelt his opponent, hoping he was at least doing some damage. In all honesty, he felt quite proud of himself for finding a solution to that whiteish thread. Suddenly, his opponent disappeared just as Rashan laid another punch, his hand sinking into the sand where his opponent used to be. Looking around, Rashan saw his opponent standing opposingly on the other side of the arena. Storms.

"Well, you certainly did your homework on me! I'm flattered." His opponents voice sounded bold, loud, and slightly a bit annoyed. Was this the first time Rashan had heard him speak throughout the whole battle?

"No more games, no more tricks, no more fancy manoeuvres or swapping places, I'm done with that!" This was it. Had Rashan's opponent been going easy on him so far? As for the tricks, Rashan could attest they were storming annoying. As Rashan's opponent finished talking, Rashan eyed the copy he had killed, half expecting it to jump up and stab him. Rather, the copy turned into a doll. It still had all the cuts Rashan had gave it on its pale body, but it was a doll nonetheless. I hate magic, Rashan thought as he turned away from the doll and looked back at his enemy, who was wielding a large sword and a floating bundle of cloth. So storming confusing!

As his opponent ran towards him, sword outstretched, cloth flying, red glove glowing, Rashan realised he couldn't fight this. Here, an opponent with access to magics he could never understand, fought him. Rashan bought more time by Speeding to the other side of the arena just as his opponent reached his, crowd roaring ever more at his opponent's dramatics. As Rashan looked to the grandstands, he saw how many people wanted his opponent to win, wearing his oppositions colouring. Few wore Rashan's own colours, which meant that in the grandstands, his enemy was vastly more popular. Rashan sighed. But out of the some who did wear Rashan's colours, Rashan noticed one in particular. A rock. Voidus' rock.

Stromfather! Rashan thought as he took a sphere of stormlight from his coat pocket, and breathed it in, feeling the energy inside of him, wanting to break out. Being a squire was nice, even if you needed your radiant around. For 1: no pesky oaths. For 2: power. As his opponent advanced further, Rashan, Elsecaller squire, cracked his knuckles and smiled. 

No more games.

Right, sorry for the long post. Nohadon, Rashan has actually been a squire of Voidus for some time now, but rarely uses it, which is probably why you may think this is too random. If you do think using my squire power is a bit too random and upsets the balance of power, please let me know, so I can change it. Rashan is a squire of Voidus, though.

Since Rashan ran away, no damage was done.

He did inhale some Stormlight, so he gets a healing. However, it was only one sphere, and he's also saving it for another purpose, so he'll only get 2 HP out of it.

Devaan: 87 

Rashan: 93

Devaan gritted his teeth as Rashan began to glow with stormlight, he saw no spren, so probably a squire. but of who? there were so many people in the grandstands that he had no idea who it cou-

Voidus.

Of course it would be Voidus, that little rock...

But what radiant was Voidus? he could swear that he had seen Voidus soulcast, so that narrowed it down.

Storms, he was going in blind, he had to watch out for that soulcasting, that could take him out of the duel immediately if Rashan knew how to use it properly.

Devaan drew three cards, and practically leaped with joy. He tapped two of the three cards and pocketed the third for later use.

Steel allomancy flooded through him for a brief moment, compounded beyond belief, he grinned, then shoved on his opponents metal vials, metal minds and any bit of metal hung on to him as hard as he could, while simultaneously shooting himself forward by pushing the wall behind him, slamming Rashan into the far wall and zooming after him, he levelled his blade, ready to strike and finish the duel.

Rashan stared boldly into the eyes of his opponent as he glowed, radiant with stormlight. From the grandstands, he could swear he saw Voidus nodding in approval, despite being an immobile rock. Storms, this felt wonderful. The energy. The power. Rashan had battling with his foe for quite some time, but the stormlight refreshed him, making his anguish go away. Rashan was so distracted by his stormlight he didn't even notice the man opposite to him bring out two more of his wierd magical squares, and blast Rashan back. Rashan could feel his stomach lurch before he did, carrying him at high speed backwards.

Towards the arena wall. If Rashan didn't do something now, he would be crushed. Calling upon his soulcatsing skills, Rashan focused on the arena wall, or more specifically, the section of the arena wall he was about to hit. As Rashan flew towards the wall, he began to feel half of himself slipping into the cognitive realm, a sensation he'd only ever felt in practise, never in a fight, and never while being thrown at a wall. Luckily, Rashan was an expert in fast-talking, and in the few seconds between flying at the wall and hitting it, Rashan's steel allowed him to talk exceptionally fast.

"You wanna be a sponge." Rashan said to the wall.

"No, I must stand, must protect." The wall replied. Objects didn't have a set speaking pace, so no matter how fats Rashan talked, the object would understand. It was all in his Perception.

"You wanna be a sponge." Rashan continued.

"No, I-"

"You wanna be a sponge." The thing was, while Rashan's mouth was sped up, his mind wasn't. When Rashan fast-talked, he didn't have time to think of what words to say, so he just repeated the same phrase over and over again, hoping his stubbornness would be enough in that fraction of a second.

"No, I-"

"You wanna be a sponge."

"Why wo-"

"You wanna be a sponge."

And so it continued. To Rashan, it wasn't that time itself was slowed down, but rather his mouth was sped up, saying the same phrase over and over again in a wierd sound that his ears couldn't understand. To the wall, however, it was having a conversation with a being who just wouldn't stop insisting that it became a sponge. So, with enough pushing, it gave in.

Rashan hit the wall, or rather, the sponge that identified itself as the wall, softly. Though he had been pushed with much force, the sponge had absorbed most of it, and stormlight had done its best to heal up the rest. As Rashan breathed in another sphere of the addictive energy, he transformed the sponge back into rock. He didn't have time to celebrate his survival as he saw his opponent soar at him, sword extended like a lance, eyes locked in hate. 

Rashan barely had any time to react before the sword hit him. As he raised his hands in a desperate attempt to block the blow, the world slowed.

It didn't slow because of his speed. It didn't slow because of any supernatural powers, no, but for Rashan Caer, twinborn and squire, in those few moments of the ghastly sword cutting his hand, Rashan's life flashed between his eyes.

Fight or Flight.

The next few moments were driven by instinct, steered by nothing but Rashan's sense of self-Preservation.

First, Rashan disappeared.

To all eyes but his own. Rashan had simply vanished into thin air. To Rashan, however, he was currently in the Cognitive Realm, moving so fast he never sunk in the sea of spheres below him. In his right hand lay the sword his enemy had tried to kill him with, brought into the Cognitive Realm with Rashan. His left hand was bleeding, a cut residing in his palm. With a shout Rashan dropped the sword among the shifting spheres underneath him, lost forever, and as he sucked in the majority of his spheres to attempt to heal the cut, Rashan thought about his opponent. Moving so fast, so quickly, there would be no way to swerve in time to not hit the wall, would there?

Rashan entered back into the Physical Realm, hand still hurting, hoping that if his enemy hadn't died by crashing into the wall at such a high speed, they would be heavily injured.

I got him! was all Devaan thought as his opponent disappeared, He knew he cut him with his sword, meaning that sethramir would eat away at his spirit, preventing him from using his chromium or soulcasting things involving the essences chach, shash and jes. and else calling too far away and slowly damaging him over time, and his tassels on his mist cloak had to do something.

Unfortunately, he was about to slam into the wall.

If he did nothing it wouldn't kill him, he had too much pewter and Aonic energy coursing through him for that, but he may as well try cusion it as much as possible.

Luckily he had that third card.

He tapped all of it dry, a tempest raged inside him, he bursted with vibrant stormlight and coated the wall with stormlight, sliding off of it as it became frictionless, getting thrown to the other side of the arena, pewter allowing him to keep his balance and land on his feet, he saw Rashan appear back into the physical realm a couple paces away from him, still glowing with stormlight.

Devaan grinned, and drew three cards, pocketing them in his right sleeve.

"I'll give you the first attack, you've earned it" Devaan says, grinning like a madman. The Adrenaline was finally kicking in, and so long as he was alive, he always had another trick up his sleeve.

The hit to the 'wall' cost Rashan 2 HP. 

That sword cut to the hand did some serious damage, - 25. The healing from the stormlight brings it down to 4 for now. 

Frictionless or not, the mechanics of what Devaan did are pretty complex for someone thinking at normal speed, so I'm going to take off 3 HP for scrapes etc. as he flew about. Even with his enhancements, there's no way he executed it perfectly (Pewter doesn't stop you from being harmed, and no matter how good you are with it, it's hard to absorb all the force of a landing while avoiding being stabbed by the aluminum tips of your mistcloak.) 

Devaan: 81

Rashan: 87

Edit: I'm going to add more damage to Devaan now that I understand what he did better. (- 3)

Edited by Archer

I'm not quite sure I understand your move here, Nohadon. Regardless if a wall was frictionless or not, wouldn't the force of hitting something still be the same? Like how hitting marble and sandstone with the same force would still be dangerous, regardless of their different levels of friction. I guess I just don't see how frictions would affect how hard you hit something. Maybe I'm missing something, I'll re-read your post.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

I'm not quite sure I understand your move here, Nohadon. Regardless if a wall was frictionless or not, wouldn't the force of hitting something still be the same? Like how hitting marble and sandstone with the same force would still be dangerous, regardless of their different levels of friction. I guess I just don't see how frictions would affect how hard you hit something. Maybe I'm missing something, I'll re-read your post.

It's not diminishing much force, but it's deflecting me from a head on collision, so instead of ramming into the wall I kind of skate around it and then back onto the arena floor, sorry I explained it poorly

Rashan didn't see it all. He didn't see his opponents third card, tapped for the abrasion surge. He didn't see his opponent slide off the arena wall, and appear on the other side of the arena, barely scathed. No, Rashan saw none of those things.

Instead, as Rashan materialised back in the Physical Realm, he was greeted to the sight of enemy staring him down not but a few steps away, barely bruised and offering no explanation why. Of course, to Rashan, the root cause of every problem was always 'Storming magic', and keeping everything problematic his opponent had done over the course of the fight in mind, Rashan had nothing else to blame it on.

As his opponent appeared to draw another three magic squares, each glowing with their own vibrant colour, Rashan heard the bold voice of his mortal enemy once again:

"I'll give you the first attack, you've earned it!"

Thank the Stormfather. While Rashan wasn't done yet, a straight attack right after his near death experience would not be ideal, especially after his hand still hurt from the sword. What was up with that anyway? While the physical wound had healed into a scar, Rashan still felt damaged. In fact, he seemed blocked to some parts of his spirit, including his beloved Chromium magic. No. No one took away his Chromium.

Rashan charged.

He didn't go for a straight attack, Rashan knew he was outmatched in that regard. Excluding the stormlight he was using to consistently, if not slowly, heal his damaged soul, Rashan calculated he would only have a little for further attacks. Well, that meant Rashan had to make this one count.

It started with an elsecall. Just a couple feet, nothing too big. As Rashan entered the Cognitive Realm charging at his enemy he exited it a couple feet above, having elsecalled above his enemy, rather than the expected attack of behind. As he fell to his enemy from above, Rashan remembered those hours of soulcasting training with Voidus, and, utilising his ability to fast-talk, managed to soulcast a large box of steel around his opponent, many inches thick and completely surrounding his opponent, trapping them.

As Rashan now fell to the roof of the steel box he elsecalled inside of it, and briefly meeting his opponent inside, waved, before soulcasting all air in the box into smoke and elsecalling out of it. After this, he soulcasted another multi-inch thick layer of rock around the steel, and, gasping from exhaustion, smiled in satisfaction. Healing aside, he was all out of stormlight.

But now his opponent was suffocating, trapped in a thick rock box around a thick steel box where the only thing he could breathe would be smoke. Marvellous. How was that for a first move?

Devaan was giddy, he would break out of the box in a minute, but for now he wanted to do some things and organise his deck.

First, devaan tapped one of his cadmium-minds, being a full feruchemist was pretty handy when you didn't want to waste cards on trivial things. He had no trouble breathing because of his cadmium.

Then he top-decked the next eight cards, and pocketed his two most prised possessions, the Jokers.

He took one of the cards he drew earlier, he knew he would need it. It takes an elsecaller to beat an elsecaller. He smiled, tapping zinc and feeling around the box to see what material it was, identifying it was some form of rock, he transformed it into smoke, he didn't have time to argue, so he just overwhelmed it with stormlight, commanding the box once.

you will be air.

The second box was easier to figure out, it felt like metal so he began to store into it, his body slowing, he assumed it was steel, he drew back the stored speed immediately and, with the rest of the surge stored up, he soulcast that too.

you will be air.

the box dissapeared, and, to the audience's eyes, Devaan literally reappeared in a puff of smoke.

"My turn!" Devaan said, walking towards his opponent, he drew the first two cards, Feruchemical zinc and allomatic electrum, combined they give a similar effect to atium, just on a smaller, less powerful scale. Devaan strode over to Rashan, and tried to punch him in the face.

Edited by Nohadon