Academic Realmatics...

Ripheus23

So there is this fascinating site mentalsymmetry.com, which divides reality into (by name!) a Physical, a Cognitive, and a Spiritual plane. Some engineer and his social-scientist brother apparently did the academic footwork for the sake of this site (it's maintained by the engineer); but now anyway, though their own system focuses on 7 personality types, it relates back to what is called MBTI or the Meyer-Briggs Type Index (IIRC?), which is 16-fold.

Coincidence? Hoid? God :P?

Anyway, if so, let's speculate on Shardnesses...

We've got feeling/thought, introverted/extroverted, sensation/iNtuition, perceiving/judging. So let's suppose Ruin was, IDK, introverted-sensation-judging-thought or ISJT. Odium seems similar as far as being a world-destroying type, so let's say Rayse was... ISJF? At any rate, there might be a way to relate individual Intents to the MBTI categories.

Edited by Ripheus23
Add detail

Well I'm INFP, aka the Mediator so I know the most about that.

When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. 

INFPs are guided by their principles

Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to INFPs, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work

If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. INFPs often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

So these quotes from the 16 personalities website for INFPs make me the INFP represents either Honor or Preservation. I'm leaning a little more towards Honor. They follow their principles, do things because they are right and not because it's good for them, and can get so obsessed with their goal that they can go into a hermit mode.

• Chaos locked this topic