whattheHoid

Stupid Question

7 posts in this topic

Ok, another silly question, again,  I have not read through the whole of Elantris, but am quickly gobbling it up. When Raoden becomes an Elantrian does he and other Elantrians ever have to or need to use the bathroom? Like they feel hunger and pain acutely, but what about needing the toilet? 

Posted (edited)

They still eat, so I'd assume so.

Edit: yes, definitely. Not sure where you are in the book, so I'm not going to place this line in context, but a quote. 

Fortunately, once an Elantrian’s belly was filled, the digestive system started to work. Like Elantrian muscles, it still responded to stimulus.

If the digestive system works, then they have to go. 

Edited by Calderis

@Calderis Hey again! Yes I haven't gotten that far yet and I know I probably should've waited till I got farther, but that question was persistent in my mind. Thanks again, friend! :D

That's Brandon for you, he actually thinks about this kind of thing. Just like he has Shallan in Stormlight Archive ask what happens when someone wearing Shardplate needs to go.

29 minutes ago, Weltall said:

That's Brandon for you, he actually thinks about this kind of thing. Just like he has Shallan in Stormlight Archive ask what happens when someone wearing Shardplate needs to go.

Honestly, even before Shallan asked Adolin about that, I was wondering the same thing! I always think about basic biological processes in a fantasy book, it makes it less fantasy and more real! Thanks Brandon for making us ask the important questions! ;D

On 18.6.2018 at 7:42 PM, whattheHoid said:

Honestly, even before Shallan asked Adolin about that, I was wondering the same thing! I always think about basic biological processes in a fantasy book, it makes it less fantasy and more real! Thanks Brandon for making us ask the important questions! ;D

Oh, this is no fantasy. The mechanics adolin describes were very real problems for medival knights.

And they had the same solutions.